Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Holo Hariyama worth using or not?

registeel

lets take a look at it: http://www.pokeschool.com/tcg/scans/ex_ruby_sapphire/hariyama8.jpg

first of all the second attack can ko Amphy ex, Aggron ex, Typhlosion ex, Chansy ex, Sneasel ex, and Syther ex all in one shot! also even if it doesn't ko the rest of the ex cards in one shot it still does 80 to them and for only three energys. I think that is pretty cool the first attack well isn't that great
but it still can do 20 to each defending pokemon for only one energy. I like my self but thats just me. so do you think its worth using or not?

Last edited:
It looks like a good card, but i guess the only reason people dont use it is because of Gardevoir/Gardevoir EX

Arthas_Zero said:
It looks like a good card, but i guess the only reason people dont use it is because of Gardevoir/Gardevoir EX

Yes I guess you are right about that but you could always out it with a deck that is resistance to psy like Sneasel ex or somthing.

registeel said:
but it still can do 20 to each defending pokemon for only one energy.

you do realize this is referring to a 2on2 match and that it doesnt do 20 dmg to all of you opponents pokemon, just the 2 actives in a 2on2

=-->]-[0t (V)uSt|d<--= said:
you do realize this is referring to a 2on2 match and that it doesnt do 20 dmg to all of you opponents pokemon, just the 2 actives in a 2on2
Yes I know it does 20 to just your opponents active pokemon. I said it does 20 to all your opponents pokemon that is just the active not the benched.

Last edited:
I think that in a deck that can get his fighting energy out, he could make a good tech.
But since Blaziken/Rayquaza and Gardy/ex are so popular, none of which he can OHKO, Hariyama just isn't worth it for most people with the current format. Although, he may find a home with Swampert ex in the near future.

Strong against 3rd and 4th best decks. Aggron and Amphy but weak to top 2, Blaze and Gardy. In normal matchups he really isn't too strong. In a strong Aggron or Amphy environment it might be worth it.

he makes good tech, and easily beats Ray with a Shard (160 after weakness), but cant really build a deck around it... ashame too

I am toying with a 2-2 idea with revolving around him and Alteria... Dragon Dance, then do 60, DD, then 60 alternating turns... though the big exploding Graveler with Alteria is cool too... 120 to opponents actives, KOing Graveler, and doing 50 to Alteria... of course using a Oran to reduce it to 30.... but it just seems fun selfdestructing for 120 to 2 Pokemon at once, KOes anything non EX, exept 100+ HP fight resist pokes...

Back