Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Holo vs Reverse Holo

gdubley

I used to play this game when reverse holos didnt exist so I dont know the answer. Obviously I know reverse holo versions of commons are more expensive/rarer then non reverse commons.
But in regards to already Holo cards, what is more expensive/rare the reverse holo version or the holo picture version?

Thanks in advance

For some reason, the RH is still more expensive than the non-RH when it comes to regular holo cards. IMO, I rather have the regular holo than the reverse, but I think more people think differently.

For some reason, the RH is still more expensive than the non-RH when it comes to regular holo cards. IMO, I rather have the regular holo than the reverse, but I think more people think differently.

Do you know of any particular reasons for this? I too in most circumstances think the holo versions looks better then the rev holo but I cant help but want a whole deck all shiny :biggrin:

The answer is simple. Whenever you play a RH Pokemon, your opponent is dazzled by its shininess and will often misplay due to not being able to look away from the shiny card.

Actually, I have no idea why RH cards are more rare than Holos :)

They are more expensive because it is harder, usually, to pull a reverse rare than the same card in regular holo or non holo.
Posted with Mobile style...

It has to do with the probability of pulling a reverse holo compared to a regular holo. Say you have a set of 134 cards with 27 rare, holo-foil, and super rare cards. Your odds of pulling a particular rare card is, roughly, 1 in 27. Your chances of pulling that same card in reverse holo is 1 in 134. this also assumes that the same number of rare, holo, and super rare cards have been printed, which is probably not the case.

TBH, I don't care if the card I play is RH or normal. I'd prefer to play the normal, save the money, then upgrade through my profits. Takes time, but as long as I can still play the card, who cares if its ugly? It gives me a sick sense of satisfaction when I'm smashing my opponent with a regular common.

It has to do with the probability of pulling a reverse holo compared to a regular holo. Say you have a set of 134 cards with 27 rare, holo-foil, and super rare cards. Your odds of pulling a particular rare card is, roughly, 1 in 27. Your chances of pulling that same card in reverse holo is 1 in 134. this also assumes that the same number of rare, holo, and super rare cards have been printed, which is probably not the case.

While this is mostly true with a few small mathematical errors, I don't think that is why they are more expensive, it has more to do with "playability." When people holo out their decks, they want RH's. If you compare prices of "unplayable" rare holos, they generally are about the same prices as the RH.

Back