Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Honchkrow X's Darkness Wing & Super Scoop Up

plebeianprint

When I'm playing Honchkrow x and the atttack: darkness wing (via a Murkrow) knocks my opponent's pokemon out, I use it to retrieve a Super Scoop Up that i use (and used before) to pick up a damaged Murkrow. I place Honchkrow out as my active, since it can retreat for free, and then place the Murkrow on the bench, retreat HonchKrow for free, and place my Murkrow back up there, as though nothing has happened.

Then any time that the attack knocks my opponent's pokemon out, grab this card and I repeat the vicious cycle.

Is this a common strategy for this deck?

Thanks

Last edited:
This would be under single card strategy, not deck help.
You need a decklist for this forum.

Anyway, to answer your question, yes. But I prefer to let them take my Murkrow out, and then Scramble becomes active; so, it depends on your deck build, and your general setup.

Btw, I don't even use SSU.

my bad. if there's one thing that i get wrong, it's where to post. i considered the single card strategy, but, and this might seems silly, but it was a multiple card combo.

since this was a deck archetype i thought this might be the place. my bad.

and you don't like the scoop up? granted, you have to flip for it, but i've always loved mr. brineys (heck yes) and the scoop ups.

feel free to move, mods.

I've never liked using flip cards. (except that ER2 and PKMN Reversal are just that good).
I won a cities, T2'd, and T4'd with DWD (I'm like 13-4 with it), and I've never seen an opportunity where I thought that an SSU would be good in there.

I play DWD, no SSU is needed. However, once your opponent gets set up, you are in trouble. This is a fast deck, and if your opponent can make the game go long term, you will run out of resources to take them down. At least I always tend to. Under 10 turns or bust!

Rather than SSU try getting an ER2 back over and over to help mess up their energy as well as their hand. Time Space Distortion is a great combo with Darkness Wing. Plus Power, Team Galactic's Mars, and Night Maintenence are all decent options to reuse over and over as well.

I wouldn't say that your combo is really that effective because nine times out of ten you will just get OHKO'd without the chance to play scoop up. Also, flipping is a bit risky and you may end up having to leave your Murkrow out. As Darkwalker says, TSD and Darkness Wing is a great combo. It is also more potent in getting back your KO'd Murkrow.

Back