Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Honchkrow's Dark Genes Poke-Body

readmyusername

hello i have a Honchkrow : UD-15 with the pokebody dark genes that reads

"Dark Genes
As long as Honchkrow has the Energy necessary to use its attacks, each of your Murkrow can use Honchkrow's attack as its own without the Energy necessary to use that attack. "

(its attack is: Dark Wing Flaps
Choose 1 card from your opponent's hand without looking. Look at the card you chose, then have your opponent shuffle that card into his or her deck.)

and i want to to know if this means only the honchkrow with Dark Genes or every honchkrow you have in play?

*CLOSED* The Poke-Body applies ONLY to the honchkrow with the Dark Genes Poke-Body. Thank you for everyone's help.

Last edited:
hello i have a Honchkrow : UD-15 with the pokebody dark genes that reads

"Dark Genes
As long as Honchkrow has the Energy necessary to use its attacks, each of your Murkrow can use Honchkrow's attack as its own without the Energy necessary to use that attack. "

(its attack is: Dark Wing Flaps
Choose 1 card from your opponent's hand without looking. Look at the card you chose, then have your opponent shuffle that card into his or her deck.)

and i want to to know if this means only the honchkrow with Dark Genes or every honchkrow you have in play?

The Honchkrow with Dark Genes only. No other Honchkrow in play.

P.S. This Honchkrow isn't from UD. In fact, it is no longer tournament legal in the MD-on fomat.

I'm not sure this was answered correctly.

To clarify:

WHen you play a Honchrow LvX deck, you put energy onto the big Honchcrow and attack for FREE with the little murcrows.

ANY attack that Honcrow has may be done by the little Murkrows (as long as the Honchcrow has the energy to do the attack; Murcrow doesn't need the energy).

This is all good unless the PokeBody is turned off, then you're in trouble!

It doesn't self-reference at all. It's giving ANOTHER card (Murkrow) the abililty to use HONCHCROW's attacks. :)

Last edited:
Just remember, that when a card says it's own name, it refers to the itself. Whenever a card says its own name, you apply the effect is has to THAT card.

Back