Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Hotel on fire !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michel

The older players will remember ...

Which hotel will be on fire in SD during Worlds ??? :lol: :eek:

Last edited:
Not to worry...this hotel is on the other side of the freeway (north side) from that one...and the Town and Country is next to the SD river...;)

'mom

Last edited:
Whoa, that's weird--I was in CA a few years ago (but San Jose, not SD) for a surgery (long story), and a day or two after I had left the hospital, there was a fire in the apartment complex we were staying in...and of course we couldn't use the elevator to get out, so I had to brave the stairs. Fun. x_X

I was there and i remeber that i got an hour of sleep in the new hotel and then got n a plane back home (at the time) to Hawaii. Fun times... :wink:

Oh yeah I remember that one. I had the double bolt lock and the chain on the door. Then the door opened but the chain was still on. I heard someone trying to come in and out of my slumber I yelled some profanities because I thought it was a break in. It was hilarious afterwards but scary when it 1st happened.

Michel said:
The older players will remember ...
Which hotel will be on fire in SD during Worlds ??? :lol: :eek:
Haha! yeah I remember that! Actually it was the West Coast Super Trainer Showdown.
Heidi and Professor Maple (John) had organized a booster draft. We had just finished drafting and they told us the hotel was on fire. Since we were on the pavillion we wanted to know if we could stay and play - boy did they look at us strange that we would take our chances so we could finish our draft!
I also remember Scott Gerhardt hamming it up with the video camera and acting like he was "da man in charge". He was freshly married and was showing Chris he was still the BMOC. Then having to hoof it two blocks with luggage to the substitute room they got for us - up that big friggin hill. Ah yes - good times indeed... :biggrin:

ScythKing said:
Haha! yeah I remember that! Actually it was the West Coast Super Trainer Showdown.
Heidi and Professor Maple (John) had organized a booster draft. We had just finished drafting and they told us the hotel was on fire. Since we were on the pavillion we wanted to know if we could stay and play - boy did they look at us strange that we would take our chances so we could finish our draft!
I also remember Scott Gerhardt hamming it up with the video camera and acting like he was "da man in charge". He was freshly married and was showing Chris he was still the BMOC. Then having to hoof it two blocks with luggage to the substitute room they got for us - up that big friggin hill. Ah yes - good times indeed... :biggrin:

You mean this?

http://www.pojo.com/Features/WCSTS/120501Doll.html

My name is even mentioned there ;o

Ahaha, I remembered that. I was playing in the draft outside and then someone came in and said there was a fire. Freaky times.

I think that night will be one of the Pokémon memories I'll remember the most for all my life. The best thing about it all was that people didn't stop playing Pokémon, but sat down on the concrete outside the hotel and continued. XD And the TV reporters were shocked and thought we were all crazy. That's what I love about going abroad to the giant Pokémon gatherings - being together with a lot of "crazy" people like me and having fun. :D

Tego,

Crazy times like when we were trying to find you in the plane but you were traveling in first class to SD because the economy class was full, or when we've seen you coming in the hotel in Amsterdam as a winner of the Prof tournament ... in the middle of the night :tongue:

That belongs to history, no times like that anymore :nonono:

But do you remember who played the 15 + final in SD ? :rolleyes:

Michel said:
Tego,

Crazy times like when we were trying to find you in the plane but you were traveling in first class to SD because the economy class was full, or when we've seen you coming in the hotel in Amsterdam as a winner of the Prof tournament ... in the middle of the night :tongue:

That belongs to history, no times like that anymore :nonono:

But do you remember who played the 15 + final in SD ? :rolleyes:

Haha, I hope I won't see a tournament ending 01.00 AM ever again! XD Being moved to economy class was great though. Finally some space for my dad's and my legs! Jean Marc Schosse is a legend, I hope we'll see a European player like him again some time in the future...

We've sure had some good times, but don't give up the hope of new times coming! I would love to meet you at Worlds 05 if you can make it there. First I have to find out if I can make it myself, though. I might have to travel on my own expense this time, and I already have a trip to Japan in March to get broke on. So my personal budget sure won't like it. :p I doubt my girlfriend would like it either (she's not the Pokémon-playing type ;)), as I'm already going away to Japan on my own. ^^;

But... well, we'll see. I sure want to site on concrete outside burning hotels playing again!

1 point for Jean Marc :clap:

He doesn't play anymore, but he calls me quite often to know what happens in our Pokemon World.
I'll try to bring him with me at a tournament that qualify for Worlds ... the main problem is not JeanMarc but to find the tournament :redface:

If you want a personal advice Eskil ... find another girlfriend !!! Life will be impossible if she doesn't like Pokemon ! :nonono:
Can you imagine a long love night in SD after you both qualified for the top 32 at Worlds, another love night after you both qualified for Worlds, ... a night in separate rooms because you've won against her at a tournament :lol:

I really hope too I'll see you in SD, but like you it will not be possible for me to go there if we don't win a trip.

Awwwww..... I'm glad my girlfriend likes pokemon. For my B-day she gave all of her old cards. She had 3x lugia thats nut. I asked her were she got them and she said she bought them off Ebay cause she thought they were pretty, Pretty she bought 3x Lugia cause she thought they were pretty she had no idea what she had.

Good times

Tego said:
I think that night will be one of the Pokémon memories I'll remember the most for all my life. The best thing about it all was that people didn't stop playing Pokémon, but sat down on the concrete outside the hotel and continued. XD And the TV reporters were shocked and thought we were all crazy. That's what I love about going abroad to the giant Pokémon gatherings - being together with a lot of "crazy" people like me and having fun. :D
While that was fun - I think the East Coast STS was better. Remember Maple bought DMTM a few beers and they (the MT's) turned loose of some product so we could have a draft? And THAT one lasted til 4:00 AM. And the night befoe the tournament - tch tch. The hotel had people coming up to the front desk wanting to know what on EARTH dozens of people of all agaes were doing up in the lobby until the wee hours raising hell and playing a card game... So WotC said no more drafts in the lobby - but that first night was magic.
I remember playtesting a Blaine's Arcanine and Slowking deck. Two things came away from that tournament - people realized that feraligatr kills and people would *like* to kill people playing Slowking...
And lest we forget - the first event where a card was banned - Sneasel! They had a people-sized image of it with "banned" stanciled across it.

ScythKing said:
While that was fun - I think the East Coast STS was better. Remember Maple bought DMTM a few beers and they (the MT's) turned loose of some product so we could have a draft? And THAT one lasted til 4:00 AM. And the night befoe the tournament - tch tch. The hotel had people coming up to the front desk wanting to know what on EARTH dozens of people of all agaes were doing up in the lobby until the wee hours raising hell and playing a card game... So WotC said no more drafts in the lobby - but that first night was magic.

I think I went to bed early and slept that night, I had a jetlag. XD But still I was there to see all the players sitting in the lobby playing, and it was indeed magical. :D

Michel said:
If you want a personal advice Eskil ... find another girlfriend !!! Life will be impossible if she doesn't like Pokemon ! :nonono:

Haha. But I think you misunderstood - it's not that she doesn't like Pokémon, she just doesn't play. So if I went to Worlds, I doubt she would have much fun going there with me. ;) She doesn't play herself, but her younger brother plays at our League and she goes with him to League sometimes. I don't want anyone else than her, so I'm not going to follow your advice this time. :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back