Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Houndoom/ Electrode -- Kraptacular?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alazor

This deck involves Speed with Electrode, it involves disruption with Absol, it rips tools with Pachirisu, it recovers with Chatot, Copycat, Claydol, Prof. Birch, and Pokedex 910. --But its amazingness ends there. Houndoom makes this deck burn.. the opponent. Battle Frontier shuts down Delcatty, Pidgeot d, and Metagross ex. I need Call Energy, but don't know what to put in for it--- any other suggestions would be beneficial, although I heard TSD is good, I don't have one.

Pokemon : 17

4 Electrode (Secret Wonders)---- can do 100 for 2 energy
4 Voltorb (Secret Wonders)
2 Houndoom (Great Encounters) --- can do 70 and burn for only 2 energy
2 Houndour (Great Encounters)
1 Claydol (Great Encounters)---- hand recovery, very fast-- pretty much staple
1 Baltoy (Great Encounters)
1 Pachirisu (Great Encounters)---- good starter
1 Absol (Secret Wonders)--- early disruption
1 Chatot (Majestic Dawn)---- good recovery

Trainers: 29

4 Bebe's Search (Mysterious Treasures)
2 Roseanne's Research (Secret Wonders)
2 Prof. Oak's Visit (Secret Wonders)--- I don't know about this supporter
1 Quick Ball (Mysterious Treasures)--- I don't know about this single trainer
2 Copycat (Dragon Frontiers)-- quick hand recover from Wager
2 Prof. Birch (Power Keepers)--- quick hand recover from Wager
2 Great Ball (Power Keepers)-- speeds up the deck a little using non-supporter draw
2 Pokedex 910 (Diamond and Pearl)-- speeds up the deck a little using non-supporter draw
1 Windstorm (Crystal Guardians)-- gets rid of random tools if Pachirisu is prized
2 Battle Frontier (Power Keepers)--- counters Delcatty and Pidgeot d
3 Pluspower (Diamond and Pearl)-- speeds up the deck a little using non-supporter draw
3 Warp Point (Crystal Guardians)-- nice disruption and recovery
3 Night Maintenance (Mysterious Treasures)-- recovers lost pokemon

Energy: 14

1 Multi Energy
1 Basic Darkness Energy
6 Lightning Energy
4 DRE (POP 5)

Critique this deck please. I know it needs improvement-- I could use some help. :)
Is this deck list viable?
I haven't tested the Match-Ups for this deck, but does it have a chance against any of the big decks?
Is Electrode reliable enough?

Strategy:

The strategy is to start with a starter or else go on the offensive all game with Electrodes and later Houndooms (depending what they're weak/resistant to and what you're weak/resistant to). If you fall behind, send out a starter again or hand recover with Claydol. If all else fails use Absol. If everything else fails, finish the game quickly and gloriously with Electrodes instead of Scooping.

Last edited:
I'm not a gueinus, but I think -1 birch, +1 Quick ball would help. Also, I know electrodes are fast, (I used them once) but a MD infernape would work with houndoom's fire type. If you use infernape, you need candies too. Holon FF might help also.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help!

I took out 2 Great Ball for 2 Call Energy.

Infernape (Majestic Dawn) is killer, and some Rare Candies might help it speed up a little bit, but now I'm not sure if I should focus around the lv. X or not, or just use only Infernapes as back-up and... if I take out Electrode, how much should be taken out? Do I need more Claydol if I take out a Birch?

If you use infernape you'd nead at LEAST 10-14 fire energy and the Lv.x to get them back when you discard them. Also, you'd need a few candys.

" If you use infernape you'd nead at LEAST 10-14 fire energy and the Lv.x to get them back when you discard them. Also, you'd need a few candys."

Thanks Garch! ;) Good luck to you at Nationals!

+3 multi energy =) I would take out chatot pachi and absol add in another 1-1 line of claydol, and maybe try to fit another 1-1 line houndoom to make the deck more consitent on getting a t2 donk.

OK here would be my changes:

-2 Great Ball
+2 Call Energy
-1 Chatot
-1 Absol
+1-1 Claydol
-2 Lightning
+2 Multi Energy

" +3 multi energy =) I would take out chatot pachi and absol add in another 1-1 line of claydol, and maybe try to fit another 1-1 line houndoom to make the deck more consitent on getting a t2 donk."

T2 Donk is good, but there is a fine balance, where you want to be donked and where you yourself don't want to be donked. Does rare candy work well with stage 1s? (Too bad no Wally's Training.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back