Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

How can I create custom playmats, myself?

Sabett

I've been looking online to see if I could find out how I can create custom playmats myself, and had no luck. I understand some people on here might know, or even create custom playmats themselves, and could be able to help me.

I understand I need something to the equivalent to photoshop or GIMP, to properly size the image. The things I'm wanting to know more about is the actual printer. I wanted to know how much they generally cost, and where I could get one.

Also, there seems to be another part of the printing process than just putting the mat through the printer. I got some custom mats, but they were faded, and my friend told me it was because they didn't put some sort of coating on it.

Anyway, I would really appreciate some help as to how I can begin creating custom playmats on my own.

Last edited:
You should totally do it the old fashioned way: Markers. 8D
I would, but the reason I'm asking about doing it myself, is because I'm assuming doing various different ones is that it will be cheaper in the long run if making many playmats with different images. And they're also images on the computer that I want, several in fact.

Not sure if this will work but you could buy plain mats on ebay or something and buy tshirt transfer paper -- and apply them on your playmat?

Not sure if this will work but you could buy plain mats on ebay or something and buy tshirt transfer paper -- and apply them on your playmat?
Is that the iron on stuff? I've used that on a shirt before, it ends up cracking and falling apart. Although that could've been the brand I got, does anyone have better success with such a thing?

Is that the iron on stuff? I've used that on a shirt before, it ends up cracking and falling apart. Although that could've been the brand I got, does anyone have better success with such a thing?

It probably was the brand you bought. The few times I've tried it, it worked out pretty well.

It probably was the brand you bought. The few times I've tried it, it worked out pretty well.
Well what's it like when its on the t-shirt? or have you even used it on a mat? Can you roll it up without the material messing up? Because when I did it on my t-shirt, I could feel the rectangle of the paper, and after a while it started falling apart.

Yea I would stay away from the iron on stuff. Markers if you are talented or a printer seem like the best bet. There is some kind of spray that they sell at walmart for other things that you are supposed to put on these mats when they are done to keep them from getting ruined. I'll have to ask to remember the exact name of it though.

Well what's it like when its on the t-shirt? or have you even used it on a mat? Can you roll it up without the material messing up? Because when I did it on my t-shirt, I could feel the rectangle of the paper, and after a while it started falling apart.

Well I haven't tried it on a mat, but I have used it before on T-Shirts. Yeah, sometimes you'll be able to feel the rectangles, or what ever shape it happened to be in. Mine didn't start to fall apart though. I was able to roll it, crumble it, and throw it in the washing machine/dryer without any worry.

Idk if it is going to work on a mat though:confused:

Yea I would stay away from the iron on stuff. Markers if you are talented or a printer seem like the best bet. There is some kind of spray that they sell at walmart for other things that you are supposed to put on these mats when they are done to keep them from getting ruined. I'll have to ask to remember the exact name of it though.
What kind of printer? And who would sell them?

Well I haven't tried it on a mat, but I have used it before on T-Shirts. Yeah, sometimes you'll be able to feel the rectangles, or what ever shape it happened to be in. Mine didn't start to fall apart though. I was able to roll it, crumble it, and throw it in the washing machine/dryer without any worry.

Idk if it is going to work on a mat though:confused:
interesting, what brand did you use?

Back