Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

How come we don't have dates for Cities yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo Blastoise

Don't you think that's strange that the City Championships start in less than a month (Nov 5th) and yet here in the states, we have NO dates for any events yet? Strange. . . . .

Last edited:
Well, IDK. It could belong on the main gossip forum, because it IS news that we don't have a clue when cities are...

However, I can't believe they're november 5th. From the dates of things being released, I'd say late November, unless they already announced something...

Patriarch said:
Well, IDK. It could belong on the main gossip forum, because it IS news that we don't have a clue when cities are...

However, I can't believe they're november 5th. From the dates of things being released, I'd say late November, unless they already announced something...

Late Novembr is a bad idea! between thanksgiving and christmas is a bad, bad, bad time to hold events. People are too busy.

Well, they did it last year, and it worked just fine. Why not again?

Patriarch said:
Well, they did it last year, and it worked just fine. Why not again?

I recall going to cities in early mid november and then also in Janruary. There may have been some in the time span you're referring to but (correct me if I'm wrong) I believe most were either before Thanksgiving or after Christmas.

The first City Championships are now listed in the City Championships forum. That should give you some idea of the dates we will be dealing with.

Too bad those CCs are all over 3,000 miles away from me. :frown:

PTOs get the first opportunity to schedule City Championships and I'm sure they are in contact with venues about scheduling. Then TOs who meet certain requirements will be able to sanction their Cities. You'll start to hear about locations the sooner we get to the end of the month, but please note that the City Championships usually span three months. Some of the Cities later in the year might not be announced right off the bat with the rest of them.

PhoenixSong said:
Late Novembr is a bad idea! between thanksgiving and christmas is a bad, bad, bad time to hold events. People are too busy.

Well, they had worlds at the beginning of the school year and that didn't bother anyone.

CardRaider said:
Well, they had worlds at the beginning of the school year and that didn't bother anyone.

It bothered some. I think it bothered a lot. But that's irrelevent, I mean, in the north, school doesn't start 'till after labor day.

CardRaider said:

Actually, it did. My friend didn't accept his invite last year because of school conflicts, and had to leave Sunday for this as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back