Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

How did this even happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need for me to watch this, I saw a few boxes with 5 EXs at last weekends Prereleases. I also saw boxes with NO reverse holos in packs but the packs had 2 Rares.

Unless he somehow weighed packs and switched them out when he set the stacks aside in the beginning, perhaps TPCi has heard our pleas for better pull rates? I recall a post in the Dark Explorers print run thread where someone had pulled 5 or 6 chase cards in one box- which I thought was totally fake at the time, but if the pull rates are really this much better now... perhaps TPCi switched the pull rates midway through DEX production or something and continued on with DRX?

At two of my prereleases 3 people were sitting in a row next to each other and each of them pulled at least 1 Ex from the same box and a couple people sitting next to me pulled 2 Ex's from their 6 packs.

I saw someone pulling out of a DEX box:

Darkrai ex
Darkrai ex FA
Tornadus ex
Raikou ex
Raikou ex FA

No joke.

It seems there are a few lucky boxes out there with more ex than normally.

Last pre-release I hit 1 picture holo.(For those wondering, it was a Blissey at that.)
This Pre-Release, I hit Full Art Registeel and Terrakion EX out of my first six packs.
After that, I hit a Full Art Mew out of my last two packs, so 3 EX's out of 8 packs.
His box being having 4 EX's and a shiny doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

---------- Post added 08/05/2012 at 07:25 PM ----------

This Kid:
4 Pre Releases.
No EXs.
:(

Probably just got really lucky.

Shouldn't that just be 3 Pre-Releases without an EX since there's only been 3 sets with EX's in them?

Last pre-release I hit 1 picture holo.(For those wondering, it was a Blissey at that.)
This Pre-Release, I hit Full Art Registeel and Terrakion EX out of my first six packs.
After that, I hit a Full Art Mew out of my last two packs, so 3 EX's out of 8 packs.
His box being having 4 EX's and a shiny doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

---------- Post added 08/05/2012 at 07:25 PM ----------

Shouldn't that just be 3 Pre-Releases without an EX since there's only been 3 sets with EX's in them?

He could have meant 4 Dragons Exalted prereleases. There were four where I live by the same organizer, as well as a few more up north from another.

Out of a DEX sealed box, I pulled two Entei EX and two Golden Catchers.

Odd boxes do happen...

A whole box though?

No, but I've seen a whole box where every Holo spot was a Pokemon-ex instead. I think this was back in one of the Delta Species sets. And these boxes were common enough that a few people across the US got them and posted them.

No, but I've seen a whole box where every Holo spot was a Pokemon-ex instead. I think this was back in one of the Delta Species sets. And these boxes were common enough that a few people across the US got them and posted them.

IIRC, I thought it was shining Pokemon from .. umm... Holon Phantoms. Pikachu, Mewtwo, and Gyarados, right?

Also, I didn't realize there were such big swings in the DEX boxes. If there's an ultra-rare pull of 4-5 EXs in each Dragons box, I'd actually consider buying one!

IIRC, I thought it was shining Pokemon from .. umm... Holon Phantoms. Pikachu, Mewtwo, and Gyarados, right?

Also, I didn't realize there were such big swings in the DEX boxes. If there's an ultra-rare pull of 4-5 EXs in each Dragons box, I'd actually consider buying one!

Well you have to remember that these are just a few boxes out of a thousand made.

2 Dark Explorers
2 Dragons Exalted

But Im happy cuse Ive been able to get all the other cards I need from the set. And getting 2 Hydreigons was nice! (Both trades)

---------- Post added 08/05/2012 at 10:27 PM ----------

And I've seen other weird stuff too.
A friend of mine got 1st and 2nd at states, getting two NXD boxes. He pulled one reshiram and shaymin EX normal out of both.
(He was mad)

well the seal seems legit, and that doesn't leave room for scaling since it is sealed.
that's a lot of FAs though.

My Sealed HGSS box had 1 Extra booster in it and it was a Donphan Prime.
There was a joke someone here had 1 less and it was theorized I got their missing pack lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back