Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

how do i get celebi

Celebi can't be caught in Gold, unless you want to be a cheater., in which case you go buy some cheat device like Gameshark.

You can't get it in gold or silver without gameshark.I think nintendo held some sort of event where you can get the GS ball.Then give it to kurt then he'll say snthings wrong in ilex forest.Go to the ilex forest shrine and when you put the GS ball on it celibi will fly down at level 30 and you can catch it.(only works on crystal)

The only legit way I know of is a total fluke built into Stadium 2/RBY carts. There is sometimes an extra box in RBY that shouldnt exist. In this box are Pokemon with Messed up names and Original trainer names. The generally have a status condition, and have movesets that are bizzare. (Examlpe, Beedrill with Low Kick, Abra with Bite). Best of all they also hold Items, some good, some not so good. I had a Ditto holdinga Clear Bell in my game, before Crystal was ever released. I also had the Abra holding the odd egg (the one you give to Elm at beggining of the game). I have heard it is possible to get the GS Ball this way too, but it will only work on Crystal as before mentioned in another post.

Other than that, Gameshark or other cheat device is required.

Celebi isn't even that great (I got him from a promo, and in crystal in a legit way that im not gonna get into here).
Hes a grass/psychic that learns some decent moves and has a good sp. attack.

his stats are balanced, and high all around. Probably the best of all the Heal Bellers.

For me it was more the having the "completed" Pokedex. How can you call your dex complete without Pokemon like Mew and Celebi? And now Doexys and Jurachi (sp?). Not everyone has access to Nintendo events where they are given out. using a Shark for reasons like this is entirely different than from using them to max stats and such. I dont even use them for any purpose except against Computer and just to have. Never use them against any real competitor, I have several legitamately raised Pokes for that...

Kyfogre22 said:
Celebi isn't even that great (I got him from a promo, and in crystal in a legit way that im not gonna get into here).
Lies about Celebi not being that great. My Celebi (sharked, though) can solo most of and sometimes even the whole Battle Tower by itself. Also, like Mew, Celebi doesn't have any better stats than any other—its Special Attack is the same as its Defense and Attack and everything else, making Mew and Celebi the most balanced Pokémon in the game.

Being Legendary, what would you expect? I got my Celebi for my Crystal version in a promo thing here. As yet, there have only been 2 promos that I know of here, the first was Mew, which I didn't get, but I got the 2nd one for my Celebi.

baby sweets said:
how do i catch celebi in gold

Please! Typing in large text is annoying to us (not to mention in violation of Pokegym rules).

orange soda said:
Celebi can't be caught in Gold, unless you want to be a cheater., in which case you go buy some cheat device like Gameshark.[/cheat]Celebi can't be found in any english version of Pokemon (yet).

baby sweets said:
i want to cheat
To cheat only disgraces yourself, and gives you no right to call yourself a Pokemon Trainer.

Kyforge22 said:
can't help yeh there, i don't support gameshark and never will. Gameshark ruined many tournaments.
Indeed, for players to use gamesharks at events is like saying to honestly hard working trainers: "Ha, you didn't shark? What a stupid player you are." I work hard and spent time to raise my Pokemon to perfection. I avoid Gamesharks and other enanchers at all costs.

alex said:
You can't get it in gold or silver without gameshark.I think nintendo held some sort of event where you can get the GS ball.Then give it to kurt then he'll say snthings wrong in ilex forest.Go to the ilex forest shrine and when you put the GS ball on it celibi will fly down at level 30 and you can catch it.(only works on crystal)
False on this. Nintendo had several tours and contests that allowed a Lv.5 Celebi to be downloaded directly to your pak. The GS Ball is supposively found on the Japanesse GSC series but please don't go mixing the english into it.

spectron said:
The only legit way I know of is a total fluke built into Stadium 2/RBY carts. There is sometimes an extra box in RBY that shouldnt exist. In this box are Pokemon with Messed up names and Original trainer names. The generally have a status condition, and have movesets that are bizzare. (Examlpe, Beedrill with Low Kick, Abra with Bite). Best of all they also hold Items, some good, some not so good. I had a Ditto holdinga Clear Bell in my game, before Crystal was ever released. I also had the Abra holding the odd egg (the one you give to Elm at beggining of the game). I have heard it is possible to get the GS Ball this way too, but it will only work on Crystal as before mentioned in another post.

Other than that, Gameshark or other cheat device is required.
It sounds like a Missingno got in there. But same logic, never, never mess with glitched data, you risk pernamently damaging your game pak, (as my old Yellow version died to due very little linked infection from Missingno infected paks).

kyforge22 said:
Promotions include the NP magazine contest in summer 2001, the Six Flags tour in late summer 2001, and other various yet minor events.

spectron said:
his stats are balanced, and high all around. Probably the best of all the Heal Bellers.

For me it was more the having the "completed" Pokedex. How can you call your dex complete without Pokemon like Mew and Celebi? And now Doexys and Jurachi (sp?). Not everyone has access to Nintendo events where they are given out. using a Shark for reasons like this is entirely different than from using them to max stats and such. I dont even use them for any purpose except against Computer and just to have. Never use them against any real competitor, I have several legitamately raised Pokes for that...
Now not every pokemon trainer in the TV series has a chance to catch or even see celebi mew etc. These are legendary Pokemon and it makes perfect logical sense for it to be extremely tough to get these pokemon. For Pokemon I have to say this the idea of "Well it is just not fair because I can't get to these events" is redicuous. The trainers who legitly get mew, celebi, etc. are the ones who pay blood, sweat, tears, money, and gas to get to the events. It is possible for everyone, but only those who can fight their way (no matter how hard) will get it and that is what sets these people apart and are Pokemon Masters.

kyforge22 said:
i am lucky enough to be in japan where promotsions are nice and frequent.
I wanna live in Japan!:p

marril said:
Lies about Celebi not being that great. My Celebi (sharked, though) can solo most of and sometimes even the whole Battle Tower by itself. Also, like Mew, Celebi doesn't have any better stats than any other—its Special Attack is the same as its Defense and Attack and everything else, making Mew and Celebi the most balanced Pokémon in the game.
In the long run, it up to the trainer to decide how good Celebi is. For me, Celebi is a formidable Pokemon. I find its usefulness as a first pokemon send out when I am dealing with link battles, because you never know what to expect. I only wish that the GB celebi could build a twig monster and shoot giant hyper beams like in the movie.

guardianTIM said:
Being Legendary, what would you expect? I got my Celebi for my Crystal version in a promo thing here. As yet, there have only been 2 promos that I know of here, the first was Mew, which I didn't get, but I got the 2nd one for my Celebi.
See above and below.

Offical answer to catching Celebi:

Celebi, like Mew, cannot be caught legaly in any version. The only current way to catch this Illusive Pokemon is to visit the Pokemon Center NY in New York City. They have a Kisok that downloads the illusive Pokemon Mew into RBYGSC or Celebi into GSC for you (free I might add) along with variety of shining pokemon and other illusive treats. Hope that helps.

mysterioustrainer, did you ever take into consideration that some of us are younger and are unable to get our parents to take us to such events? I myself am unable at the current time to go as I am one of those younger individuals, and find it offensive that just because you are able to go that you say we are unable to call ourselves trainers? It is absolutely outrageous! We may not be able to go to the events, which is the reason that we can not go, but that does not make us any less of Pokemon Trainers than you! If I want Celebi, Mew, Deoxys,Jirachi, etc., I have to use one of these or get them through a glitch! Now honestly, if I was physically able to go, I would do so, as I would rather do it the correct way, but referring to those of us who can not go as without the "right to call yourself a Pokemon Trainer" is absolutely unnecessary. PLEASE, in the future, think about how this may sound to other people!

Fawkes0126 said:
mysterioustrainer, did you ever take into consideration that some of us are younger and are unable to get our parents to take us to such events?
Yes I have considered this before speaking.

I myself am unable at the current time to go as I am one of those younger individuals,
I was like you and I found a way, I say again it is possible if you try.

and find it offensive that just because you are able to go that you say we are unable to call ourselves trainers? It is absolutely outrageous!
It is more insulting and outragous to those who spent the time to do it right.

We may not be able to go to the events, which is the reason that we can not go, but that does not make us any less of Pokemon Trainers than you!
Not all Pokemon Trainers can catch them all, the TV series demonstrates this sad truth just as much as the Game Boy games have tried to demonstrate.

If I want Celebi, Mew, Deoxys,Jirachi, etc., I have to use one of these or get them through a glitch! Now honestly, if I was physically able to go, I would do so, as I would rather do it the correct way,
Using sharks simply defeats the term "legendary" in Celebi, Mew, etc. That is why sharks are just no fair.

but referring to those of us who can not go as without the "right to call yourself a Pokemon Trainer" is absolutely unnecessary.
It is necessary. There are players who earned the honest right to get the legendary Pokemon, we are the ones to fight the hardest and that is how we prove ourselves better than sharkers or glitchers. To shark is too literaly insult us in the face.

PLEASE, in the future, think about how this may sound to other people!
I can assure you I always think before I speak.

Like I mentioned before, I only used the Shark to obtain them for Dex/fun porpuses. I would never use them in any battle, since I know that they were illegitamately obtain by a cheat device. I take my gaming very seriously, especially involving Pokemon, and dont need to cheat to win. I put tons of time effert and enrgy into my games, alot more than I should....

You know, mysterioustrainer, not all of us may have any way at all to go (me included). I think that you are being a jerk about this whole thing, as my PARENTS will not take me to such events. "It is more insulting to those of us who take the time to do it right"? "We prove ourselves better than sharkers or glitchers"? Oh please, spare me the dramatic crap. If I was able to do it right, I would. Don't act like you're all high and mighty because you were able to do it.

Back