Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

How do YOU mark off points?

yelanates

I remember back in the WotC years, league stuff came with a nifty stamp for books/cards. What do you all use to mark off the little pokeballs?

I've tried a bunch of different things. Hole punches are bad, they ruin the other side of the card and the holes go everywhere. I've tried just initialing but it's easy to fake and looks icky. It's also easy to get little star stickers, so I don't do that.

Crayola makes these really cool markers, but instead of tips they have little stamps. I use those nowadays :)

why are you worried about faking your initials? are you letting the players hold onto their cards?

'mom

Well if a leaguer really wanted to, it'd be equally easy to lie about how many games they've played as it is to fake initials. So the whole thing is kinda pointless - just keep an eye on your leaguers.

I offer my leaguers to hold onto their cards, but many have me hold on to them. I trust them with being honest, I've yet to have any problems, but if I do, chances are I may ask them to leave as a punishment for being dishonest [depends on how dishonest they've been]

Bjj has done it the coolest way with the new season that ive seen, he uses a sharpie as normal but wins get a smile loses get a frown. i love it its still a challenge to get more smiles than frowns

A friend of mine got me a set of these cool pokemon stamp rollers in chinatown a while back. So my players either get poliwhirl punching, pikachu walking or chansey... chanseying? The kids at my league seem to like them. They now make requests for certain ones.

Hi I'm not a league owner or leader but I thought I would add some helpful advice to your question over marking off points. Vistaprint (just google them they will come up) have a permanent promotion of free rubber stamps, you could get a stamp made with your name and League name on it for stamping onto cards and you just have to pay postage. If you are willing to put forward a little more cash you can add your own logos and images so perhaps you could upload the pop logo and your league name for a unique stamp that would just about impossible to forge unless you wanted to buy one yourself!

Hope this helps someone :thumb:

I'm a bit envious of all you folks with special stamps :p

Our league just uses normal pens to mark each square, but the cards are kept semi-supervised on a table the whole time...

i use either the original WotC green star stamp or the Nintendo blue star stamp. wish they would start putting official stampers in the league kits once a year or so.

i use either the original WotC green star stamp or the Nintendo blue star stamp. wish they would start putting official stampers in the league kits once a year or so.

I agree. Or make them available for purchase with prof. points or something. I love those stamps.

Back