Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

How do you register to run a pre-release?

Scyther_trainer

I'd like to see if we can run the EX: Dragons pre-release at our league location. How do you do this?

-Ken

Last edited:
You don't register. PUI asks its Premier TOs to run them, so your best bet is to get in touch with one of them (it may be too late, though.

I know for a fact one is scheduled for that area already.

see the post

http://www.pokegym.net/showthread.php?t=1761

Since they require you be 3 hours away from the nearest tournament to run one, I am sorry to say I doubt you would be able to run one. I would go to the website and fill out a premier organizer form and maybe you can get the next one.

farbsman said:
I would go to the website and fill out a premier organizer form and maybe you can get the next one.
I don't know where this is ... I cannot FIND this form. I am getting somewhat annoyed at the fact that NoA does not seem to WANT qualified people helping them with POP... I'm sorry, I was never a WoTC professor, so I guess I don't get to do squat now?

I'm not really upset, just somewhat annoyed. I'll get over it - NoA is still doing a great job!

"Since they require you be 3 hours away from the nearest tournament to run one,"

Funny. I recall there being one last time around in Brooklyn and at the Pokemon Center. New York Traffic isn't that bad.

The premeire TO applications are not longer being accepted. You can apply to become regular TO that is if you are over 18 of age. However this doesn't help you to get premeire events such as Prereleases. I think you are out of luck. Sorry.

mysterioustrainer said:
The premeire TO applications are not longer being accepted. You can apply to become regular TO that is if you are over 18 of age. However this doesn't help you to get premeire events such as Prereleases. I think you are out of luck. Sorry.
I AM over 18, and I tried 3 tims to submit the premier TO app back when it WAS online, but the e-mail address would not work. When I e-mailed asking for support, I recieved no reply.

Out of luck? That's not a very good strategy ...

PhoenixSong said:
I AM over 18, and I tried 3 tims to submit the premier TO app back when it WAS online, but the e-mail address would not work. When I e-mailed asking for support, I recieved no reply.

Out of luck? That's not a very good strategy ...

Most likely because one was already selected for Florida.
-Phil

Hey Phil -

I know Florida already has a premier TO - that's cool! What amazes me, though, is the fact the NoA seems to be making it very hard for people to get involved. From the discussion on this board, it seems to me that I cannot even order a leauge kit unless I'm a professor or a store owner? That's what Dav said, verbatium.

GymLeaderPhil said:
That's for liability and legal reasons. They dont want to be responsable for a League in a location that is unsafe.
-Phil
So we're going to assume that the ONLY people who can run a safe leauge are former WoTC professors? Is that really fair, OR good buisness?

My point is this: it's not a very effecient use of resources when you have people who are willing and able to essentially work for you free of charge - but you do not allow them to do so.

I can't even get a response to my TO Application. How hard is it to set up an auto-responder? I can do it in 3 seconds (literaly). I don't even know if they received my application... (if name and birthdate can really be considered an application).

Again, I fully support NoA and I think on most fronts, they are doing a great job.

DaytonGymLeader said:
Better population density in that area versus other locations.

We're talking about two parts of the same city. Wouldn't it make more sense to just have one big event rather than two to split things?

On another note, Nintendo does need to work on getting back to people, even when the answer is no.

Back