Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

How Many Tournys a Month can be run??

PokeMontoya

Mostly for Modified. Is There a Limit?? Would Running more increase Rankings or will the avarages even it out for everyone else??

Not sure what you are asking here. I think you might mean how many tournaments a month can a player participate in? If that is the question, the answer is as many as you want.

On the other hand, if you mean how many tournaments a month can you sanction, it depends. PTOs can sanction as many as hey want. Other TOs start out being able to sanction 2 at a time, so they have to wait until one is completed before they can do another.

As to rankings, if you win, your ranking goes up. If you lose, your ranking goes down. It really has nothing to do with how many you participate in.

BDS

PokeMontoya said:
To help clairify my Question Is there a limit to how many tounaments can be run that go towards ranking?

All sanctioned tournaments you run go towards rankings. There is a limit on how many you can sanction unless you are a PTO.

BDS

I've sanctioned a whole bunch before. But now due to my recent discovery, thanks to Terry, that my player base at my league at Game Matrix really prefers to league play over tournament play most of the time, I think I am going to stop sanctioning all that many tournaments, and start sanctioning maybe one max every season, that's what I'm thinking, Terry suggested one every month. But it would give more time for league play doing it once every season.
Anyway. I've sanctioned a whole bunch load at the same time before, and I just became TO in August.

I sanction and run at least 8 a month - there is little mystery as to why MO shows up so highly in the rankings.

Does not mean my players are better - just that they have won more.

M45

The TO program has several Tiers.

Tier 1: New TO
A New TO can have up to 4 tournaments pending at once. Once a New TO successfully uploads 4 tournaments on time (within 14 days of the event), they are upgraded to a Regular TO.

Tier 2: Regular TO
A Regular TO can have up to 8 tournaments pending at once. Once a Regular TO successfully uploads 12 tournaments on time (within 14 days of the event), they are upgraded to an Exempt TO.

Tier 3: Exempt TO
An Exempt TO can have any number of pending tournaments at once.

Tier 4: Premier TO
A Premier TO is still subject to the previous 3 tiers. However, we typically do not allow a New TO to become a Premier TO. Premier TOs must fill out a separate application, which is reveiwed by PUI.

Hope this clears things up a bit.

Back