Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

How much are boxes/cases when bought from distributors?

NoDice

I was wondering if there was anyone here with a card business, ebay or otherwise, that could fill me in on how much distributors charge for Pokemon products? I know what the MSRP is, but I have yet to find a distributor (Potomac doesnt count since they charge pretty standard online prices) site that has prices listed or allows access without a business license.

I know a shop/distributor that supposedly sells boxes and tins for only a couple dollars profit each. So it's very slightly less than these prices.

Next Destinies box: $83 each.
2012 dragon tins: $10 each.
Theme decks: $7 each.
Mewtwo Collection Box: $10 each.
3-pack blister sets (Litwick, Axew ect): $7 each.

Thanks for the input! I was hoping it would be acloser to half the normal internet asking price of $90 though. Im still open for any other input, especially from anyone that has dealt with the official distributors of the Pokemon TCG product that are listed on their website. If its against policy to name which one, thats fine. I just want price ideas.

Thanks for the input! I was hoping it would be acloser to half the normal internet asking price of $90 though. Im still open for any other input, especially from anyone that has dealt with the official distributors of the Pokemon TCG product that are listed on their website. If its against policy to name which one, thats fine. I just want price ideas.

Well that is almost half of their MSRP. Boxes lately retail for about $140 plus tax. The difference is most places online are already selling them alot cheaper than MSRP.

I know a shop/distributor that supposedly sells boxes and tins for only a couple dollars profit each. So it's very slightly less than these prices.

I can confirm that this info is correct. It's off by a little bit, but overall, it's pretty accurate. It's funny, because when Nintendo took over, it was around 62 and change for a box, but it slowly has risen as the popularity grew. It's now over 80, which is an increase of $20 per box. If you do the math that's an additional $120 per case or so.

Drew

NoDice, how many boxes are you looking to purchase? Typically distributor companies only work with businesses because businesses buy in bulk. Unless you have a small business it is not plausible to purchase a box for half of retail value. A distributor has no incentive of selling a buyer a couple of items at half price.

Also, there is typically a minimum amount required to be spent with a distributor company. That is why prices are low because businesses will purchase high quantity.

As a serious collector it would be nice to find a loophole, but realistically there isn't one.

I can confirm that this info is correct. It's off by a little bit, but overall, it's pretty accurate. It's funny, because when Nintendo took over, it was around 62 and change for a box, but it slowly has risen as the popularity grew. It's now over 80, which is an increase of $20 per box. If you do the math that's an additional $120 per case or so.

Drew

A lot of that will be expense inflation/profitability loadings. (Sigh... my stupid exam actually came in useful to someone :-/)

Thanks for all the responses! Im actually trying to find out all this information for a friend that is tossing around an idea of opening a game/comic/video game shop. I also was just curious personally how much the product would cost in bulk, if I ever decided to open an internet business for myself as well.

I can confirm that this info is correct. It's off by a little bit, but overall, it's pretty accurate.

Thanks. I was going by memory (after checking last Wednesday) for a few of those prices so my quoted prices might be $1-2 off either derection. But I'm sure that I got the prices for their ND boxes and dragon tins right.

Is it a shop or distributor?

Care to share which one?

Is it a shop or distributor?

Care to share which one?

It's a distributor that sells at a shop. But I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say it's name on here since it might be considered advertising. And I don't really feel like getting an infraction incase it is.

A lot of that will be expense inflation/profitability loadings. (Sigh... my stupid exam actually came in useful to someone :-/)

It has nothing to do with inflation, and all to do with profitability.

It's a distributor that sells at a shop. But I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say it's name on here since it might be considered advertising. And I don't really feel like getting an infraction incase it is.

I don't even post my distributor info on here, no reason you should either, it has nothing to do with advertising if you say who it is, but I think that telling people hurts other locals stores.

Drew

I don't even post my distributor info on here, no reason you should either, it has nothing to do with advertising if you say who it is, but I think that telling people hurts other locals stores.

Drew

The thing is that he is a local store around here. Pretty much everyone around here knows about him and just goes there to buy packs/boxes. But I see your point either way and won't be posting the store's name or location here.

lol, I think Skitty is talking about Jeremy since his profile says he's from SoCal. and he's not a distributor, he's a shop owner. distributors are far different, he gets his supplies from a distributor.

I found the info on a distributor, they just show the products and their corresponding item numbers, but no prices unless you register. and to register, you have to be a business. keep in mind, some distributors make you sign a contract to only sell your stuff at your store's location. which is probably why his prices are slightly above $80 per box, as he sells at tournaments and at the collectibles show twice a week.

the local shop I go to sells cases for $450 (coming to $75 a box) but he also deals in $400-700k/month in business with the distributor. and they do have a contract stating that they can only sell merch within the store.

odds are if you convinced a distributor to sell you an individual box, it would be like $110, plus shipping. which is even higher than ebay prices, so why would anyone do that?

also, Jeremy is the guy's name, not his store's name, so please don't flag as advertisement =)

lol, I think Skitty is talking about Jeremy since his profile says he's from SoCal. and he's not a distributor, he's a shop owner. distributors are far different, he gets his supplies from a distributor.

No, I wasn't talking about Jeremy (though I do know him). But I'm pretty sure the place I'm talking about is the same place Jeremy gets his stuff from. And I know exactly what a real disributor is thank you.:rolleyes:

I found the info on a distributor, they just show the products and their corresponding item numbers, but no prices unless you register. and to register, you have to be a business. keep in mind, some distributors make you sign a contract to only sell your stuff at your store's location. which is probably why his prices are slightly above $80 per box, as he sells at tournaments and at the collectibles show twice a week.

Now that sounds like the person and place I'm talking about. The place that's only open on Wednesday and Saturday, right? If it is the same person then I've been buying from him for over 10 years and I've noticed that he does give me a very slight discount (I think) because of that.

Last edited:
Back