Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

How much does a complete 1st edition base set (all 102 cards) sell for?

hyruleguardian

Also, about how much does a complete 1st edition jungle and fossil set usually sell for?

I have a complete base set (the cards are in very good condition but some have a few very light scratches that can be seen only under close scrutiny - the jungle and fossil cards are basically perfect, however).

Also, if I thought a card was only going to get a PSA 7.5 or an 8, is it still worth sending in to PSA in order to sell it? Or at that point is it better to just sell it without paying to get it graded?

I don't know about exact prices but if you were going to get cards graded I'd say it's only worth getting the holos graded. And only ones which you think will get a 9 or 10, if they will probably get less than that then don't bother.

If you end up grading alot of the holos then I would say sell a "complete non-holo set" of each set and sell the graded holos off seperatly.

base $150-220 in today's economy and that condition (saw a set close at 120 last week so i'm being liberal believe it or not)

jungle- $60-80

fossil- $50-70

as to PSA- no that wouldn't be worth the investment to get those graded unless it is something uber rare like a SSB Mewtwo trophy or rarer.

you can go to ebay yourself and search the completed listings on your own. i'm not going to do all the work for you.

To post #1 of this thread, if you think a raw card will receive less than a 8.5 and it is your intention to grade it only to increase potential profit then don't at least not with TCG cards. You'll end up losing money. PSA has been around for some time now however the TCG market for PSA still needs time. I do not think we will see a true appreciation of PSA graded Pokemon cards for at least 15 yrs from now. That may seem 'bleak' but nonetheless promising since I do see Pokemon graded cards go up in value, just not 'now'.

As everyone knows who knows a little about me, I grade not to try to make profit but to add class and character to my cards and everyone else should primarily do the same; making 'profit' should be of a secondary objective if you wish to call yourself a collector.

Back