Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

How to beat PLOX?

Well, if your looking to build a deck and not just tech something in to beat plox then Healix prime would be your best bet. Just realize that almost every card in plox is being rotated including gardevoir and gallade, so it's not that worth it to build a antiplox deck unless your going to hawaii.

A deck that can defeat PLOX? It would have to be a deck practically immune to hand disruption, and does not focus on powers.

Something that outspeeds it I/E almost the whole format.. +, as mentioned above, is rotated, not worth trying to beat a ghost.

//peace

To beat Plox, you should preferably play an attacker which stays in play (no hand disruption) but not as an active pokémon (hand disruption doesn't affect your capability to bring out your attackers).

CurseGengar with Shuckle SW comes to mind as a deck that should have positive matchup if you get 3 energies down (4 Roseannes is a must).

Problem wit tanking with Dialga G Lv.X or Steelix is that Gallade can take them down with one hit, following with Judge and Psychic lock to limit your recovery changes. You should have capability to take down Gallade and follow up with something decent when the Plox begins.

Of course you can also try to outspeed them. There are quite a few speedier decks than Plox, but Spiritomb and Mewtwo Lv.X usually limit them enough. Also should you try to lock 'em up with Sablelock and Initiatives, make sure that they won't ever set up, as only a single Gardevoir can Initiative you every turn for the rest of the game...

Beating plox isn't too simple, as every deck can lose to Giratina/Judge + Plox. Just make your setup consitent and not too dependant on the cards on your hand, as you might experience some troubles trying to draw what you need when powerlocked...

i don't see what's so amazing about current plox. I mean yeah it's decent but it gets outsped by sp half the time...

Yeah but the thing about gengar is fainting spell can intimidate and scare opponents into making mediocre moves to counter (The first time I faced against gengar was pretty scary and taking a jokish deck to that tournament I had no idea what to do. Won one match in the best out of three by donking)

I understand where you are coming from by Gengar being intimidating but now that the card has been released for over a year and a half almost all players have found a way to beat gengar (When I said most players i meant that only noobs dont know hoe to counter gengar). Easy counters can be Crobat G, uxie, Shuppet, Unown G and other cards that put damage. And for Gardivoir to beat Gengar is to unown G their claydol and bring down that gengars so there will be no fainting spell

lolol gengar underated? =O it is scary as ****. there are many ways to play around it but fact is you have to play around it. shadow room getting easy prizes with uxie and claydol messing up your setup. and poltergiest forcing you to limit your trainers in your hand. fact is, it can be played around but it is a good card

^Straight Gengar SF is not that great imo. I'm also willing to bet you play it; it always seems that players of a specific deck love to go on forums and post about how great it is. :/

I beat a good plox at league last week with Masquerain SV/Cherrim AR. They could never do any damage to me and I didnt need my powers.

^Straight Gengar SF is not that great imo. I'm also willing to bet you play it; it always seems that players of a specific deck love to go on forums and post about how great it is. :/

Well, yeah straight Gengar isn't that great but I felt the last comment was unnessasary. I for one hate cards like gengar, garchomp c, and luxray gl but that doesn't stop me from posting on how great those cards can be(or stop me from bringing a deck with all three of them to nats)

SF Gengar isn't that good, but it gives Plox hell. That's what the OP wanted right?
I hope you don't get any infractions for that kev, you've been a good boy (me on the other hand...)

I've played Plox and the best way to beat it is to out speed it. Once they judge/psychic lock, they probably won't stop and it becomes a hard deck to beat. Though pre-psychic lock, the deck is well...um...vulnerable...

Back