Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

How to become a Premier TO?

Blitzkrieg916

Hey there,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, I couldn't find a general "Premier Tournaments" section so this seemed like the next best thing. Mods feel free to move it to the appropriate place.

Anyway, I just wanted to know what has to be done to become a Premier Tournament Organiser? I'm already a League Owner and Tournament Organiser. I just want to know how to become Premier so that I can host events such as Battle Roads and Cities at my local League.

Any specific requirements?

Thanks!

You dont have to be a PTO to run BRs and some CCs....you just need to work with a PTO to do so (in most cases). There are a few exceptions though. Basically, you need to run some local tourneys, and show OP that you know what you are doing. Helps a TON if you have a nearby PTO train you and then vouch for you. I dont know what area you are from, but OP looks to put PTOs in areas where they have a need for it.

You have to understand that OP cannot come out and see every TO run an event. They rely on PTOs they know and trust to go to an area, to see what is there, how many players in that base, the need and potential in the area ..... along with the ability for that TO to run the tourney properly. Have you ever judged any events in your area for a PTO? That is probably the fasted way to show some merit.

Good luck!

Keith

Ah i see. Well I do know a PTO who might be able to help me out then. I've run almost a dozen tournies though a did cancel a few due to lack of players, so that prob wont help much :p
I'll speak to my local PTO and see what he can help me with. Thanks :)

And I'm from Montreal btw :p

My dad has become a TO recently in Gatineau so maybe you guys could meet up and occasionally run some tourny's together. Are you going to be at the Montreal cities? We could try and work something out with the PTO there so that we could start to run more events and increase the player base in Quebec.

Normally there are only allowed to be a couple of PTO's per state. Here in oregon we already have two very
amazing PTO's in the northern part of the state that run all the states and regionals, etc. But I worked hard for
about 6 months running the leagues and local tournies in Southern Oregon, and I asked them to come down and
hold a prerelease. They showed me how to do it, and let me run the prereleaes on my own the next time.

The same process held through for BR's, and CC's. I run them now for southern oregon, despite not being a PTO.
The main idea is doing 2 things, working hard to grow your pokemon community enough to get Premier events in your
area, and working with a PTO, making it clear to them what your goals are.

-Jason
:)dark::colorless:20)

Last edited:
Back