Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

How to play Gliscor Lv.X?

Garch

<a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=
I have toyed with the idea of Gliscor Lv.X, and I just can't find a good thing to run it with. The best I've come up with is Darkari MD, and that's still not very good. I can't find a good basic/stage 1 that can easily inflict a special condition before attacking. I think Gliscor could counter Raichu very well, and I would like your thoughts and opinions about how to use this under-rated card.

Thanks.

Actually, it's not underrated.

When the set released, I really liked Gliscor and tested a lot with it. I focused on hit and run, adding stuff like MrMime, Shuckle and Wallbounce Unown, but there were too many decks that beat it.

Most decks can heal special conditions with Warp Point, Level up, Dawn Stadium or in other ways, and a couple of decks can hit the bench.

About special conditions, afaik there are only Stage 2 Pokémon like Vileplume and Venusaur. You could try Muk SW tech but with no DRE it's not that useful against most of the decks.

Maybe wait for GQ to have Skuntank, Time-Space Tear and other usefull stuff.

Fossils and Wigglytuff.
Retreat to a fossil, sleep power, discard the fossil, then hit them for 80, with a 50% chance of them missing their next attack.
Easiest way without going to stage twos.

Fossils and Wigglytuff.
Retreat to a fossil, sleep power, discard the fossil, then hit them for 80, with a 50% chance of them missing their next attack.

That's actually a pretty nice idea. If you were already running the Fossils you could even tech some of their evolutions in like Aerodactyl or even Omastar for those that you didn't end up discarding.

Focusing on Pester will lose you a ton of match-ups though, especially Kingdra due to Gliscor lv. X's horrible double :water: weakness. It literally cannot remain active at all against a Kingdra deck unless you want to lose it. That obviously means you have to focus on Night Slash. Mr. Mime is probably the best hit-and-run partner Gliscor has at the moment, although it is really only good against a handful of cards now due to the abundance of expensive attackers and cards that can snipe (Gengar, Dusknoir, Raichu lv. X). You could tech in some SF Budew and bring it in after you had Poisoned them with your Power or Burning Poison against decks with Pokemon that have huge retreat costs (Tyranitar, Torterra). You could also play Roserade SF as well since its Body poisons them when they hit you, setting you up for a likely KO via Night Slash if you've already hit them with it once. It also has a Pester-like attack and then another that can snipe while removing energy for :colorless:colorless if you didn't want to run any :psychic: energy. If you run Mime/Budew/Roserade, Moonlight would get you free retreat after you did the switch so you wouldn't be wasting energy drops getting the Gliscor back out, or you could play a handful of Unown Q.

Electrode with Radiance is another decent switch-out option due both to that Body, which conveniently puts anything with 130 HP in range for a KO from a second Night Slash, and its ability to Paralyze for a :lightning if they hit it and it doesn't get KOed. The ability to do 60 to a Kingdra for one energy while surviving a Dragon Pump (and getting a KO next turn as well due to Radiance and the attack) is also nice. So is its free retreat.

I had made a decent deck for my son, in juniors in which he ran Gliscor with Venomoth and Unown Q, which when hit would poison and put to sleep the attacking pokemon. He won a couple BR's with the deck, beating out Kingdra in the finals once. He liked it and still wants to remake the deck and give it a try for Cities but we shall see. Good Luck

Fossils and Wigglytuff.
HA! I like that idea! I think I'll try that...

Thanks for the sugestions everyone. I'll see how testing things goes.

I used to play Recover Energies with Wigglytuff, but Warp Energies can also do now that they're legal. You can get them back with Burning Poison after all...

But if you're playing fossils anyway (4-2 Aerodactyl?) then I see no problem with the Fossil approach.

When I played it i ran it with Lucario. This worked extremley well asI started with Rioul, up to Lucario LVX (While charging Gliscor on bench), then after that is gone bring up lucario and lv up for knock out. I think I played it with the Hitmons and Weezing, as Weezing puts to damage counters on poinsoned Pokemon instead of 1 between turns. I would recommend it as I can't evem remeber why I stopped playing it because I didn't lose a game with it!

Donezator

play with shedninja free retreat and when nocked out your oppents pokemon takes 4 damage counters to all hs pokes with same name also attack is one energy if shedninja has any damage the deffending poke is confused strat: level up gliscor then attack switch to shednija and let them kill it

good luck
stevo

Why not playing it with gengar ? It's not as good, but still you could use Gengar as a main attacker, until you see he start to become less usefull, and you finish with Gliscor and switch to Gengar, so when he kills him, you get a chance to knock the opponent. I'm not sure it would work well, but anyway.

BTW, I don't see any negative point to venomoth.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Can someone give me the link to the Gliscor Article ? I can't find it. (Or the deck list that had some images in it)
Thanks 1

Last edited:
I use Weezing in my Gliscor deck since Weezing's ability stacks you can hit for 30 damage with poison. I'm also expierementing with Roserade to see if that might work.

I play my Gliscor Lv.X like this, hope you like it:

4-3-1 Gliscor Lv.x
3-3 Shedinja
2 Mr mime
Other tech... But the card over this line is very fun to play Gliscor Lv.X with. You can never hit my main pokemon (Gliscor Lv.X) If you want to damage me you damage Shedinja and get damage on you self :) hehe

Do you se the strategy?
Or:

4-3-1 Gliscor Lv.X
3-3 Electrode if you damage it you get damage on it
Other tech.....

Last edited:
I am thinking of making a Wiggly/Natu/Gliscor deck and using Pester atack for 80 since defending pokemon will be asleep. 80 for 2 energy seems pretty good to me. Playing Gliscor Lvl X just seems to be a great finisher. All these stage 1's seem to be very fast although not much room for Claydol or Uxie as bench will be full.

Hey, the Gliscor deck that I saw work pretty well (top cut at BR) used just Gliscor and Uxie and took the hit and run thing to the max. I think the bounce to Mr.Mime (with unown Q) is pretty good also but if you add any more it just slows down too much.

-Cory

I personally play:
3-3-1 Gliscor(X)
3-3 Electrode
1-1 Palkia
1-1 Weavile
2-1 Uxie

With 4 Lake Boundary, it completely hurts the meta game. There are no auto losses and I can attack with Fighting(For T-Tar) Dark(Gengar or Dusknor), Water(Different Hetran Variants),Electric(Kingdra) and Psychic(Machamp). It really has no losses because it's extremely fast and it hits weakness for anything played really. It's also super fast and Energy Efficient. I abuse Energy Link and Plus Powers like no other.

Back