Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HP UP/ EV confusion...

Ham12

I can't see where I screwed up here, but if you do, please help.
I recently tried my hand at EV training for the first time (yeah, I know, xtreme n00b). It was a magnemite, and I thought I kept perfect record of its EV's. I caught it fresh, fed it 10 calciums, fought 152 points' worth of pokes (M-mite, m-ton, gastly + haunter). Then I fed it 10 irons & 10 zincs and 4 hp ups. I battled 4 metapods (2 def each) and 8 tentacool. That should add up to 508 evs. I burned the last 2 points on another Magneton.

Yet, when I fed it an extra hp up out of curiosity, my magnemite took it. Do hp ups not give 10 evs each?

Each time I used one, Magnemite gained another hit point, and I thought evs were only added when a poke levelled up. What's up with this?

Thanks in advance!

[Edit] This is in Leaf Green, by the way. No lady in Slateport... :frown:

Last edited:
Yes, HP Ups give 10 EVs to HP. o_O Very strange, if you were done EV-training. I guess there's the possibility of you miscounting...

When you give a Pokemon a Vitamin, sometimes its stats will go up. I'm not sure what the basis for this is...maybe a Vitamin adds the EVs right away. I really can't remember right now. x_X Sorry I couldn't be any more help.

Back