Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Hurricane (if still like that name)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowlion

Well a Gatr Deck (always had a soft spot for the cartoonish Gator) so made my attempt at the new Hurricane Deck. So far have only played deck at league matches.

Pokemon:25

4 Sableye (say what you will awesome starter, and can even donk gastlys and duskull which have done for 1st turn win)
4-2-4 Feraligatr
3-3 Bronzong (SF)
2-2 Claydol
1 Unown G (protect claydol or bronzong)

Trainers/Supporters:19

4 Rare Candy
4 Roseanne's Research
3 Bebe's Search
1 Luxury Ball
1 Professor Rowan
1 Cynthias Feelings
2 Warp Point
3 Night Maintenance (mainly run 3 instead of 2 to make sure keep energy in the deck for cycler)

Energy:16

3 Multi Energy
9 Water
4 Psychic

basic strategy

start with sableye use supporters to set up zongs and gatr...keep using cycler and claydol for energy cyclone (no problem getting usually 5 energies in hand a turn). I have found that the idea bench is having 2 Bronzongs 1 Claydol and 1 Gatr (while having a active Gatr). I had Call Energy in the deck but when can start with sableye never wanna play Call better to go copy a Roseanne's.

Last edited:
I guess this is a good deck, but I just don't think it has what it takes to beat some of the super-powered stuff out there today. Good deck idea though.

Try putting in Gorebyss or Spinda n 3 rare candy is enough. 2-2 Bronzong is better

I couldn't disagree more. 4 candies is needed if he wants to see consistency. He wants those candies as often as possible, even if it's just to get a 'Zong or Claydol out in one turn.

I couldn't disagree more. 4 candies is needed if he wants to see consistency. He wants those candies as often as possible, even if it's just to get a 'Zong or Claydol out in one turn.

I couldn't disagree more with in fact he should probably play 2 candies and 4 Croconaw. I played this deck last and only used 2 RC, in the Magneton/Delcatty build. that Croconaw is so helpful in getting those last few energies in your hand.

The thing that hurts this deck is the ability to use Call Energy EFFECTIVELY. Since Gators attack requires WW, it doesn't leave the colorless energy spot open for Call Energy. In a deck where you have to keep as many energies in play as possible and a big bench to pull this off is what sets this deck back a turn or two.

I couldn't disagree more with in fact he should probably play 2 candies and 4 Croconaw. I played this deck last and only used 2 RC, in the Magneton/Delcatty build. that Croconaw is so helpful in getting those last few energies in your hand.

The thing that hurts this deck is the ability to use Call Energy EFFECTIVELY. Since Gators attack requires WW, it doesn't leave the colorless energy spot open for Call Energy. In a deck where you have to keep as many energies in play as possible and a big bench to pull this off is what sets this deck back a turn or two.

Oh oh. Good point. I've never played Hurricane, so I was going by general rule of thumb for Candies. The 'Naw power is pretty awesome, and probably shouldn't be skipped.

No no no!!! I've played Hurricane and run four candies 2 Croconaw. Then 2-2 Bronzong.

Also if you lay down baltoy your going to need to rare candy him the first turn so you can get the ev.

So Probably

4-2-4 Feraligatr

2-2 Claydol

2-2 Bronzong SF

4 Sablye? 22 pkmn

4 Rare Candy
4 Roseanne's Research
4 Bebe's Search
1 Luxury Ball
2 Cynthias Feelings
2 Warp Point
3 Night Maintenance

20 trainers supporters. (correct me if wrong)

4 Call Energy

15 Water Energy

19 Energy

heres
my hurricane deck
Pokemon:
X4 totodile
X3 Crocnaw
X4 feraligator
X2 baltoy
X2 claydol
X3 sableye