4 - Prof. Oak's Visit
4 - Rare Candy
1 - Pluspower

Energy: 18
6 - Water
4 - Call
2 - Multi
4 - Psychic

Ok....first off the reason I posted this deck. This is one of the most high-damaging decks in the format. 20 x Energy in your hand, and an arsenal of pokemon and trainers that load your hand with energy?! You can do at least 80 per turn with this deck. Due to gardevoir, it is also very strong, fast, and versatile.Now my pokemon line....

Feraligatr - the main attacker. For 2 water energy you can do 20 x the energy in your hand, and return those energy to your deck. With the support engine in the deck, and the trainers to do this , you should be 1-2 hit KOing the defending pokemon. It also has a second attack that does 60 and discards one card from your opponent's hand for one water and two colorless.

Crocanaw - mainly here to evolve into Feraligatr, but it has a useful power. When you evolve into it, then you may search the top 5 cards of your deck for energy and put them into your hand. It loads your hand for Feraligatr's attack.

Totodile - here to evolve and to be a starter. No particularly redeeming qualities, but I suppose it is a solid basic.

Gardevoir - here to speed up the deck. It helps against machamp and hurts kingdra badly by shutting off it's hand replenishment. If you are set up, then you can t-pass a roseanne's every turn to do 40 extra damage.

Kirlia - here to evolve into gardevoir. You should never have it up, and if worst comes to worse, then you can use it's first attack to speed recovery along.

Ralts - here to evolve into gardevoir. It can be an O.K. starter, but try not to start with this.

Bronzong - here to load your hand with energy. It replaces claydol because the point of this deck is to have a big hand, and not a small one. Gardy will cover the set-up.This card allows you to put back a card and get two energy from your deck. Just putting back a card gives you plus 40 damage, so definitely try to get this card out. However, it's a pretty bad attacker, so try to keep it away from the active slot.

Bronzor - here to evolve into Bronzong. It doesn't do much else, but I chose this one because it has good stalling attacks and uses psychic energy, over the SF and MT bronzors.

Ditto - A fantastic, over-looked tech for water decks. If your opponent is running Kingdra, then you can bring this up and attach one water for lots of damage, or just aqua stream to replenish your water supply.

Trainer engine:
Bebe, Oak's, Roseanne, Night Maintenance, Lux. Ball, Looker's Investigation - Your average trainer engine, all-round in draw and search. It is the engine that I prefer for my decks.

Rare candy - A staple in stage 2 decks, and a very commonly used card.

Energy Recycling System - good for getting discarded energy into the hand. Since Plusle does the same thing, I only run 2.

Match-ups: (popular decks) (may not be 100% accurate; my best approximation)

Kingdra: 60-40 Hurricane
This is pretty even game, and depending on your opponent's build, can be difficult. You have to get set up early, or Kingdra will outspeed you. If you can, then work fast to get set up and get up a 80+ Energy Cyclone engine going, and get a gardevoir attacking. It is a good attacker in a pinch, because if you shut down their hand regeneration, it becomes difficult for them to keep their engine going, much less keep dragon pumping. Again, this will be a mostly even match, though tipped in your favor.

Machamp: 60-40 Hurricane
A somewhat easy matchup if you don't get outspeeded. It will be a contest of high damage, and if you get set up, you will win. Watch out for Machamp lv.x, and always have a backup attacker handy. Gardevoir is fantastic here, because it can one-shot machamp lv.x, and do heavy damage with weakness to normal machamps. Don't go all out gardevoir, I'm just saying here that it is more effective here than in other places. Feraligatr is still your number one attacker.

Scizor/Cherrim: 65-35 Hurricane
If you can get set up at any point, then you will win this one easily. Your one-shotting them gets around scizor's body, and they don't have the right engine to continue brining back and getting up pokemon.

Infernape: 65-35 Hurricane
Again, an easy match-up. Protect your pokemon early game, and you will have an easy time. You will easily one-shot them, and if they can't keep up a continuous stream of attackers, you should wipe out their field. Watch out for a surprise blaze dance infernape: it can make for and unwelcome edge to their attacks. Don't attack with gardevoir late game, they will probably K.O. you in one go. Only early game should you even consider attacking, to slow their set-up.

Torterra/Shaymin: 70-30 Hurricane
Your easiest match-up. Their massive HP is no match for your attack power. You can easily two-shot them, and their slow set-up makes for safety in early game, when you are most vulnerable. Forest Murmurs can make for a nasty surprise if it catches you unaware, but keep on hitting hard, and you'll recover. If you can see it coming, then try to psy-lock w/ gardevoir.

Thanks for reading. All comments welcome.

Last edited:
-2 Energy Recycle System
-2 Looker
-1 NM
-2 Multi
-1 Uxie

+2-2 Furret
+4 Pokedrawer

These cards can draw energy from your deck, so you can use them to attack with Energy Cyclone. If they each grab energy, then that is 120 damage!

Yeah, the bronzong is a great idea, what do you think I should take out? I like the Uxie line, but I suppose bronzong would be more helpful.....

The smeargle might be overkill, cause it might slow down the deck. It already has a hard time early game, 'specially w/out the Uxies.

Furret is a good idea, because it can set me up as well as draw energies. I'll think about that.

THis deck is forgotton because it was never any good to begin with. Good Luck to you if you think you can make it work.

THis deck is forgotton because it was never any good to begin with. Good Luck to you if you think you can make it work.

The deck was always good, and only lost due to GG's presence., It's done pretty well for iteslf so far, but I actually don't reccomend it right now due to Ampharos. You can walays tech Dialga G, but its iffy because the deck likes having bench space free.

Gardevoir is a fantastic idea, but I can't have it and bronzong. I think I will try gardy because it can set me up quickly.

Ampharos will pose a problem for this, but I have never seen it played, so all I can do is guess at how it works. Anyway, I have never seen it in my area.

I am going to update the decklist and the article now.

This deck actually was one of the better decks other than G&G last year. If it wasn't for power lock being so SO strong, Hurricane could have done much better. Considering what it was up against, it didn't do to shabby.

I think Claydol is a waste in this deck. You'll want to have more than 6 cards in your hand.
4-4 Bronzong would be good here
2 SF, 2 MT

Wow.....I never thought of that. That is a good point, seeing as I have gardy in my deck, I don't need claydol. I'll take out 'dol, plusle, and uxie, and add in 3 - 2 - 1 bronzong. (2 bronzong SF, 1 bronzong MT)

Pokemon: 20
4 -Feraligatr (MT)
4 - Croconaw (MT)
4 - Totodile (MT)
2 - Bronzor (MD)
2 - Bronzong (SF)
1 - Baltoy (GE)/Ralts (SW)
1 - Claydol (GE)/Gardevoir (SW)
2 - Unown G (GE)

Trainers: 24
4 - Bebe's Search
4 - Roseanne's Research