Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Hyperpool (Unlimited, Golduck/Poliwrath/Tentacruel/D. Vaporeon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinigami

Hey, all. I just recently picked up the Pokemon TCG after, oh, 12 or so years of not paying any attention to it at all. I kinda wish I had, now. I'm playing Unlimited now, trying to get a handle on the subtleties fo the game and decide what sort of direction I want my Modified decks to take. I built this last night, and I'm just wondering what could be done to make it more effective.

THE DECK

4x Psyduck (Lv. 16, Team Rocket)
4x Golduck (Lv. 27, Team Rocket)
3x Poliwag (Lv. 14, Neo Discovery)
3x Poliwhirl (Lv. 35, Neo Discovery)
3x Poliwrath (Lv. 48, Base Set)
3x Eevee (Lv. 7, WoTC Black Star Promo)
3x Dark Vaporeon (Lv. 28, Team Rocket)
3x Tentacool (HS Triumphant)
3x Tentacruel (HS Truimphant)

Pokemon: 29

4x Energy Removal
4x Super Energy Removal
3x Super Energy Removal 2
2x Professor Elm
1x Town Volunteers
1x Energy Stadium

Trainers/Supporters/ Stadiums: 15

11x Water energy
5x Psychic energy

Energy: 16

Total cards: 60

The basic idea of the deck is to deny my opponent energy, plain and simple. Psyduck draws me one extra card per turn via Dizziness, helping me dig through the deck that much faster. Energy Stadium helps me retrieve energy discarded for KO's, retreat costs and Super Energy Removal/Super Energy Removal 2, while Town Volunteers is a general retrieval card. Every final evolution in the deck has either Whirlpool or Hyper Beam, both of which dump energy from the Defending Pokemon.

There were originally more Psychic Pokemon in the deck, but I found that the Natu/Xatu line didn't really fit the theme of the deck, and Smoochum just filled up space. I know I could probably cut down on the Energy Removal trainers. I'm thining of dumping SER2 and one SER for another Energy Stadium/Burned Tower and more draw power. As it stands now, I think the deck has potential; I simply don't knowwhere to take it, or really how to get there. I have a couple more decks that I may post later if this one recieves a decent amount of feedback. Thanks in advance for all the suggestions and ideas.

well its an evolution deck so you def need some kind of engine i dont know what all cards you have that are unlimeted.... maybe more draw trainers or if you can get a hold of an old rotated claydol or even a delcatty itd prolly help lol.

SER 2 is not a great card you can easily drop that. you can probably drop dark golduck for whatever you come up with as an engine. (im guessing this is the current one.)

If your going to run poliwrath i suggest squeezing in a pokemon breeder or rare candy or broken time space if you have any in your collection.

possibly add some search power like a pokemon trader if you have them! try anything that searches your pokemon out to make it faster

if you can make it faster you might be able to wear somebody out by running them out of energy and recovery and beat them.

Sorry if i didnt help at all

If you are planning on spending some money y not try a new modified legal theme deck? and improve on that, pokemon these days usually have more hp and do more damage as you see in the comparison between dark espeon and goduck compared to your tentecruel.

---------- Post added 01/10/2011 at 03:44 PM ----------

maybe remove goluck and espeon and all phycics and free up 19 spaces and balance it out more between trainers and pokemon.

---------- Post added 01/10/2011 at 04:02 PM ----------

well its an evolution deck so you def need some kind of engine i dont know what all cards you have that are unlimeted.... maybe more draw trainers or if you can get a hold of an old rotated claydol or even a delcatty itd prolly help lol.

SER 2 is not a great card you can easily drop that. you can probably drop dark golduck for whatever you come up with as an engine. (im guessing this is the current one.)

If your going to run poliwrath i suggest squeezing in a pokemon breeder or rare candy or broken time space if you have any in your collection.

possibly add some search power like a pokemon trader if you have them! try anything that searches your pokemon out to make it faster

if you can make it faster you might be able to wear somebody out by running them out of energy and recovery and beat them.

Sorry if i didnt help at all

If you are planning on spending some money y not try a new modified legal theme deck? and improve on that, pokemon these days usually have more hp and do more damage as you see in the comparison between dark espeon and goduck compared to your tentecruel.

Take out:

2 Energy Removal
4 Super Energy Removal 2
4 Psyduck (Team Rocket)

Add:

4 Psyduck (Fossil) ---> headache can stop trainers
4 Item Finder ----> gets back trainers
2 Uxie (Legends Awakened)--> lets you draw without discarding the whole hand

If you decide to take out the whole Poliwrath line I would add in a 2-2-2 line of Garchomp (Supreme Victors) and 3 Computer Search (Base Set).

Or you could go with Twins, or Pokedrawer +, or Oracle, or Furret (Secret Wonders), or Magcargo (Deoxys)... if you need search cards. You could also add in Raticate (Fire Red Leaf Green) to get SUper Energy Removal from the discard pile. If you need a Stadium, you could add in Crystal Beach (Crystal Gaurdians).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back