Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Hypno DS's Pokebody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logion

Binding Aura and Rare Candy

Hypno DS
Pokebody: Binding Aura
Your opponent can't play any basic pokemon or evolution cards from his or her hand to evolve an asleep pokemon and can't attatch any energy cards from his or her hand to an asleep pokemon.

Rare Candy
Choose 1 of your basic pokemon in play. If you have a stage 1 or stage 2 evolution card that evolves from that pokemon in your hand, put that card on the basic pokemon. (this counts as evolving that pokemon.)

Simple question: Can rare candy override binding aura and evolve an asleep pokemon? Based on other rulings I'd say it does, but I'm not completely sure.

Can I use Rare Candy on my Active Sleeping Pokemon, or is that considered playing an evolution card from my hand in terms of Hypno's Poke-Body and thus I'm not allowed to Rare Candy a Pokemon which is asleep whilst Hypno's pokebody is on?

Based on the various Primal * rulings, and comments back from Japan, no. You cannot Rare Candy a Pokemon that is Asleep with Hypno's Binding Aura active.

Adding the Rules Team Ruling - Jimmer was too fast for us :wink:
== BINDING AURA (Hypno - EX:Delta Species)

Q. Can Rare Candy override Hypno's "Binding Aura" and evolve an asleep Pokemon? Or what about a Pokemon with the "Stages of Evolution" Poke-POWER?
A. No, you cannot use an Pokémon's attack, Poke-POWER, Poke-BODY, nor play a Trainer card to evolve your Active Pokémon when it is asleep, unless the Evolution card you would be putting into play, comes from somewhere other than your hand. [So Rare Candy cannot be used, but Wally's Training can.] (Jun 8, 2006 PUI Rules Team)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back