Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Hypnotoxic Laser and Full Heal

Do you think Hypnotixic Laser will be played a lot? I was thinking that people might start playing full heals.:eek::eek: Probably not. Has full heal ever been part of a competitive deck?

In my Landorus Tornadus Mewtwo deck im planning on using these to get out of Hypnotoxic Lazer locks
4- Switch
2- Escape Ropes
1- Scramble Switch

potion will see play full heal not as much because the counters need to get removed if u heal they r still there

Full Heal for removing sleep sort of begins to make sense, but I think you're more likely to just see higher Switch/Escape Rope (...warp point...) counts.

Full Heal has pretty much always been under powered. Might be a few brief exceptions (Switch was absent for a time, after all, though during that time we had Warp Point), but since Special Conditions themselves are usually quite underpowered, especially compared to how they work in the video games, it is just so easy to shake them in the TCG.

Keldeo techs are also all over the place, fairly regardless of if the user runs Water energy or Blastoise or even blends/prisms... so that's another out to the Big Bad Laser.

I feel that most decks should be running the Laser to get a KO, too, or possibly just harass- such as Raticate, Pokemon that do 150 damage in one strike, and stuff using Dark Claw (since this gets the 170 and 140 VS Keldeo and Blastoise farily easily). But not a terribly great idea to run 4 copies and 3 Virbank in , say, Rayeels.

Keldeo techs are also all over the place, fairly regardless of if the user runs Water energy or Blastoise or even blends/prisms... so that's another out to the Big Bad Laser.

I feel that most decks should be running the Laser to get a KO, too, or possibly just harass- such as Raticate, Pokemon that do 150 damage in one strike, and stuff using Dark Claw (since this gets the 170 and 140 VS Keldeo and Blastoise farily easily). But not a terribly great idea to run 4 copies and 3 Virbank in , say, Rayeels.

Keldeo EX is going to be a common answer and a common target: if a deck is running it as a pseudo-Switch, taking it out yields two Prizes while hurting the opponent's set-up. If the full combo is up and running (with Darkrai EX) it requires a OHKO or a soft-lock, but those are out there.

I think that Hypnotoxic Laser will be seen almost everywhere at first, and then players will have to dial it back to the decks where it matters: namely where it shaves a turn off the "KO counter". It should be turning 2HKOs into OHKOs, 3HKOs into 2HKOs, and 4HKOs into 3HKOs... possibly more for attackers that aren't really meant to damage things and just need the offensive capacity. I mean, comboed with Junk Hunt, Sableye can effectively Poison the Defending Pokémon with a 50% chance of inflicting Sleep while still retrieving one other Item.

I think hypnotoxic laser is for a fast deck just to deal quick damage and get easy KO's

Slow decks can also make good use of Hypnotoxic Laser; it allows an attack that lacks any real offense to be used without giving your opponent breathing room, and can boost a less impressive attack into "serious" range. This includes attacks that target multiple cards: spreaders can keep pressure on the Defending Pokémon while still doing their thing.

As for your question about any good deck having used Full Heal, No.

There was a deck that running around in the DP-RR format that used Darkrai G(RR) and Wigglytuff(GE) to put both actives to sleep that played a few copies of Double Full Heal. I wouldn't call it tier 1, but it wasn't bad either.

...but that was Double Full Heal.

Aagh you caught me. Regular Full Heal wasn't around again until HGSS. Double Full Heal did effectively the same thing, but had wording in case of double battles(which no one played).

I think as a side event they have had maybe one or two.

The Team Multi-Player... or Team Multi-Play... or something that was abbreviated TMP if I remember correctly, was a format that consisted of teams of two playing against each other. It was created under WotC (presumably by WotC) and there was a small effort to carry it over when the game changed hands... but it faded into obscurity.

I've been experimenting with Audino, using the ability to remove a condition, generally sleep and healing 10 HP. Doesn't sound that great, but it has been game changing for those (darkrai) retreats, or game changing attacks. They're also great for Paralyze locks. I don't own any Keldeo EX so I run the Audinos.

Back