Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

I finally got to play in a States.....The Rocket Report

Rocketman

Well, I played in my first ever State Championship, and here's the deal:
Get there Friday night, I go to Buco's and get food, the boys play in a tournament and Dylan wins......and gets a dollar. I play a few scab games and we go to our getto motel, where I browse the gun store and ponder the pawn shop next door.
Sat,
Rd 1: Jorrel with Arcy/ Stantler
I T-2 him before he T-2's me.
Rd. 2 Sweet woman, with ??????
Well we set up, as does everyone, when.......the unthinkable happens. We are told that we will throw out Rd 1 and re- start the tourny!!!!! So we go have lunch next door, where only us and the Sweets and some annoying kid who keeps asking us what deck we are playing......and this place rocks. If I lived in the Dallas area, I'd go there every day ( and a fat man knows food!)
So back to Rd 1 ( deja vu all over again)
So now I have to face Cathy with a deck her husband built.
She has no idea whats in the deck, and has to read every card in it. It was the only thing that made the game last over 3 minutes.
1-0
Rd. 2 I can't remember, but I won.
2-0
Rd. 3, some guy with a Delta deck.
I am down 5-1, and I pull out the comeback, as he relizes too late scramble doesn't help him anymore.
3-0
R-4 Tom with Flygon EX
Well, Tom and I are old buds, and I hated to do it, but I smacked him hard.
4-0
R-5, Weldon with Flycatty
Good deck, good player, I forget I dissed the nerd with losing control ( Weldon got it wrong with his report) I get beat like a punk in watts.
4-1
Rd. 6, Vincet ( Cathy's dude) with Stellix and Typ. EX
I go up early, he starts to make a comeback, and gets antsy thinking I am stalling, but then he sees I had the nestle waiting for him.
5-1
So I'm like 4th or 5th and I got to face Ty with Flygon again
T-8
Gm. 1 we play for 51 minutes, as Flygon decks have so 20 or so actions a turn, good back and forth game, but I back him into a corner he can't work out of.
So I shuffle fast to give him a chance to play a decent game.
Gm. 2 I start with a magnmite and think I maybe shuffled too fast, but I was able to get my big boy out, and time was called.
6-1
T-4 Soles with his SD
Another really good player with a nice deck, and one of my best TX buds. He beat the one deck I had an auto loss to, so now I set for a good game. He has great moves, but I counter at every turn and 2-0 him.
7-1
Finals
Wow, I have not been to the finals in a tournament since worlds 2002 sealed deck............Of course I only played in 5-6 tournaments since.
Kyle with Flygon EX.
I thought I could win, as I had beat this deck twice already. But he was set up much faster in both games, and I misplayed like I was getting a dollar for every time I did. His Latios Ex worked like a charm, am all my luck faded. He won the first, and we never finished the second ( 36 minutes and still had 2-3 in the prize count)
7-2, second place.
Props:
Team Rocket for 3 of the T-4
Dylan and Brent for being stupid
Kyle for winning
The staff for doing a good job in a very stressfull event
Jose for a good job in his first big HJ gig
Danny for watching time.
Birch for not losing his cool when it all went bad
Virgina's Place for the best food in TX.
10 packs of DS that I pulled 2 H. Trans., and Jolt EX, Dragonite, Metagross, salamance.
Soles for being Soles!
Slops
we all know what they were.
Dylan and Brent for playing like noobs
Rocketman
Evil Leader of Team Rocket

Last edited:
Thanks Steven! I AM the ****
Lakak.......yeah, its a SD. I have only heard of one other player using it, and we don't know each other.
pm me and remind me why I should let you in.
Soles, I got something that belongs to you. PM me.

Rick, you...are...THE MAN!!!

Anyways, GJ making 2nd! I wanted to use the TTar list you gave me but no one in this area has any of them. Oh well, perhaps I can get them by Regionals. Good luck in future tournaments!

-Peter

Great job, ole Leader of the evil syndicate! Them younguns need to be weary of the old dogs that normally run/judge these events.....dem dawgs still have teeth!

Keith

Tina, I am so good at pokemon.
Peter, I might be able to help, but I was lucky in the matchups. I had an autoloss waiting for me that Soles took out to help me ( didn't do much for him, too bad) and the bug is pretty much an auto loss.
Keith, thanks, i got dem long coonass teeth
Chris, thanks, I know
HBF, I know some people have used the deck, just not much, and never in my area. It does have some glaring weak points, but I am so good at pokemon I can deal
Thanks Davconpd, just bring me some homemade whine next time
Adam, you're the best mexican TR has got.
Check out the great new slops

Was great listening to you. Hope things go well for you next weekend. Way to go with that T-tar. I keep changing how I use to find a style that fits me.

*Dwon on Knees like Jesse & James* "We're not Worthy! We;re not Worthy!! *Stands back up*

Those were some great matches in T8 there FEARLESS LEADER THAT BRINGS THE PAIN!!

I hope to do US proud in OK.. can't seem t oshake the RED RIVER CURSE! I am feeling good bout this one though! Will send you my DL and take a look at it! LMK!

GR8 JOB!! MIX UP!! DONT FORGET TO MIX UP!! LOL!

Dog Rick! You Betcha!

Way to keep them puppies down...

Team Galaxy has nothing on you all!

Isn't it funny how some players look down at their cards and forget how to play!

See you at Nationals! You gonna be a playa or a judga? Hope to see you at the finals table with one of my sons again!

Vince

Danny, thanks, the real misplay came early in game one, and I shoulda just scooped and given myself some time. Good job on the judging.
Robert, you woulda so pwned me, I really owe Ryan big! You were on fire and had my autoloss, but the curse of the first gotcha. I hope we meet at regionals...( me playing lighting!)
Vince.....PTO stands for " Pokemon Tournament Owner"....but you knew that. Has staff for nats been made public? I really can't say.............But if I play, it will be "Team Rocket Style", smacking pokemans and kickin booty.

Congrats Rick. I thought you should have won due to resistance but your slow starts and Kyle's speed set up was the difference. I see why you are the leader of Team Rocket.:eek: Hope to see you at regionals. Iwill most likely play since Mike already has his staff in place.

Great job old man!!! Way to show those youngins how to play...Team Rocket style. Good luck with your states this weekend.

Back