Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

I have a 1st edition Charizard I need valued

ashestowake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vyt8YjxTCs

-------------

Hey everyone. Recently I went and found a binder with my old Pokemon cards from when I was a kid. I found my 1st edition charizard which was my favorite card when I was a kid, and decided to look it up online. To my suprise I found out its worth quite the penny.

However there is such a long range of prices. I have seen as low as 150 up to 2500.

I understand how much PSA grading makes, but I wanted to know if some of you could tell me what you would pay for it assuming that you were buying it. So I have an idea of the value.

Also let me know if its worth sending to PSA.

http://i47.tinypic.com/1jrgxu.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/296dqns.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/16gmsqu.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/34qjvp4.jpg (good view of the scratch)

Its got a small scratch off at the top on the border above the letter H. Also you cant really see this except under a lot of light but on the holo there is kinda of scratches. but i dont even know if thats part of the pattern because they are the same color as the holo itself. Its also only got a little white wear ont he back on the edging where its white. Not much. Again all this is hard to see except the scartch at top front. The card was recieved on my 8th birthday. My parents bought my two packs it was in the first one. Was so excited didnt even remember opening the second. turning 21 now. want that money. lol. I took pictures with my phone for you guys to see.

As you can see above in the pictures the H the only noticeable scratch.

I would also like to point out I have a first edition machamp and a 1st edition nidoqueen (the nidoqueen appears to me 100% mint) which are almost perfect mint condition. as well as a bunch of base set holos (about 15) and at least (from the stack im looking at) 250+ commons from the same time period.

Last edited:
First of all this looks to be 1st edition Shadowless, not just 1st edition.
Don't worry that means it's worth more.

Mint Ones can go pretty High there's one on Ebay for a BIN of 178, and another one at c/o at 188.

With The Scratch Im pretty Sure you Sill can get 50-75+ for it

---------- Post added 04/25/2012 at 04:31 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
First of all this looks to be 1st edition Shadowless, not just 1st edition.
Don't worry that means it's worth more.

Mint Ones can go pretty High there's one on Ebay for a BIN of 178, and another one at c/o at 188.

With The Scratch Im pretty Sure you Sill can get 50-75+ for it

I'd also like to point out I see the 178 one and mine is inw ay better condition! And I mean way better. As for the 188 which is in better condition. I saw ti yesterday at 40 c/o and its still got almost 2 days left.

Last edited:
Well the 178 one is BIN xD and the other one I was talking about was current offer 188.
Meaning that they could have bought the BIN one for less, depending on the shipping price difference between the two.
Yeah I don't think you are gonna reach 200, maybe if you had a mint one.

I know people list Charizards sometimes for 500-1000 but it's the ones that go for 150 - 200 ish that sell.
So yeah condition is everything when it comes to those Charizards. Good Luck :)

Everyone really seems to think that first edition non-shadowless exists. @homeofmew, all 1st editions are shadowless.

You should get more than $175 easy for this card. It is however not good enough to psa grade so I wouldn't go there.
Posted with Mobile style...

Everyone really seems to think that first edition non-shadowless exists. @homeofmew, all 1st editions are shadowless.

You should get more than $175 easy for this card. It is however not good enough to psa grade so I wouldn't go there.
Posted with Mobile style...

Base Set Can have 1st Edition Shadowless and non 1st edition Shadowless.
Well Then Again Non English Cards can be Shadowed 1st Edition in Base Set.

All 1st Edition Base are shadowless. The Machamp with the shadow isn't a true first edition and is the only card with the stamp to also have a shadow.

Here are my other cards

1st edition:

Machamp
Nidoqueen

-----

Holo:
Mewtwo
Poliwrath
Raichu
Alakazam
Meowth
Tenticruel (japanese)
Viobloom (japanese)
Clefable
Clefairy
Magneton
Electrode
Mr Mime
Venomoth

-------

Non orginal series holo:

Kangaskhan

^ these are all almost perfect
------

And about 250 base cards all in great condition.

-------

will make a good auction.

---------- Post added 04/26/2012 at 02:13 AM ----------

All 1st Edition Base are shadowless. The Machamp with the shadow isn't a true first edition and is the only card with the stamp to also have a shadow.

My machamp appears to have no shadow!

I don't want to personally attack anyone but i wouldn't take the advice of homeofmew, ive seen a few 1st edition charizard auctions get to $400 recently, even with the scratch yours has it could fetch $200+ easy.

also all base set cards that are 1st edition are shadowless, except machamp

no offense but the scratch makes a load of difference, that and it's not graded.

there was one on ebay that looks in pretty good condition that is By It now for less than 200.
the original poster knows which one i'm talking about. (since that bid ended)

anyway when I last checked there were penty that were 180 to 200-300 +

There are plenty of listings that can be whatever it wants but it doesn't mean it sells that high.

theres one is at 400 USD

for some reason people like bidding cause this ones 299.
However this also says it not in mint condition, saying condition means something.

There's a really bad condition one at Bin 200.

he's got 11 offers on it though.

Last edited by a moderator:
no offense but the scratch makes a load of difference, that and it's not graded.

there was one on ebay that looks in pretty good condition that is By It now for less than 200.
the original poster knows which one i'm talking about. (since that bid ended)

anyway when I last checked there were penty that were 180 to 200-300 +

There are plenty of listings that can be whatever it wants but it doesn't mean it sells that high.

theres one is at 400 USD

for some reason people like bidding cause this ones 299.
However this also says it not in mint condition, saying condition means something.

There's a really bad condition one at Bin 200.

he's got 11 offers on it though.

so if a card in 2wice as worse condition as mine is , is at 200 why woul mine be <200? this ended 5 min ago

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHARIZARD-4...439?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35bb906e0f

Look at the descrip. its got scratches all over. 400$ with 30+ bids.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHARIZARD-4-...item35bb906e0f

is listed as mint/near mint. and advertizes as the actual picture which has no visibal use-age

Guess sometimes 299- 400 usd depending on how people feel like bidding goes..
And not to mention the other one we talked about was <200.

Honestly if you want a fair price in a non bias way, list it on ebay.
Make it Bin 500 and take offers.

- homeofmew

^Honestly, a Buy it Now for $500 is a 100%, bona fide way for it to never sell. Even if people do give offers, the traffic will be so much lower because people just won't even bother looking. Buy it Nows that high are recommended only for Charizards actually worth that amount of money.

Since you have a bunch of other cards in this lot, perhaps a good old-fashioned auction is the best way to go: give it a relatively low starting price, and a relatively high BiN price (both have free listings via the 50 free listings promotion).

What that amount is? I guess somewhere low between $50 and $100, although I guarantee you that if you play up the Charizard well, then the auction would skyrocket. People like to buy collections in the hopes that they get something good, and if you have a Charizard in this lot, then people will assume all sorts of things lol.

^Honestly, a Buy it Now for $500 is a 100%, bona fide way for it to never sell. Even if people do give offers, the traffic will be so much lower because people just won't even bother looking. Buy it Nows that high are recommended only for Charizards actually worth that amount of money.

Since you have a bunch of other cards in this lot, perhaps a good old-fashioned auction is the best way to go: give it a relatively low starting price, and a relatively high BiN price (both have free listings via the 50 free listings promotion).

What that amount is? I guess somewhere low between $50 and $100, although I guarantee you that if you play up the Charizard well, then the auction would skyrocket. People like to buy collections in the hopes that they get something good, and if you have a Charizard in this lot, then people will assume all sorts of things lol.

Trollandtoad sent me an email offering 180 :S.

I sent them a video of the quality too......

Then I don't see why you don't take it. All I know is that lower prices on big lots are enticing to people, and would help sell all those other cards more easily.

But that doesn't disprove my point about a BiN for $500 being a bad idea. XD

Then I don't see why you don't take it. All I know is that lower prices on big lots are enticing to people, and would help sell all those other cards more easily.

But that doesn't disprove my point about a BiN for $500 being a bad idea. XD

If I thought I could get 500 I would quote his post.

Yah I went through the other cards.

I got at least 100 first edition non holo's.

Would sell well.

If I thought I could get 500 I would quote his post.

Yah I went through the other cards.

I got at least 100 first edition non holo's.

Would sell well.

well trollntoad offering $180 means its worth a bit more, considering they are only trying to buy it at $180 because they know they can make a profit

If you list it, you need to get better pictures of it. Get access to a scanner.
Those pictures won't do when you're selling something for hundreds of dollars.

And, yes HoM, there are foreign 1st Edition base set that have shadows.
But that is beside the point.
The foreign 1st editions were printed well after the english 1st Edition and don't have anywhere near that value not because of the shadow, but because they are foreign and printed later.

If you list it, you need to get better pictures of it. Get access to a scanner.
Those pictures won't do when you're selling something for hundreds of dollars.

And, yes HoM, there are foreign 1st Edition base set that have shadows.
But that is beside the point.
The foreign 1st editions were printed well after the english 1st Edition and don't have anywhere near that value not because of the shadow, but because they are foreign and printed later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vyt8YjxTCs

and btw. what part of it looks foreign?

Back