Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

I have returned to this wonderful game. (Opinion needed)

Kurai_Shadou

Hello everyone! I'm Derek, a player from the Marysville, Washington area. (near Everett, nearest league place in Lynnwood, about 10 - 15 minutes away.) I last played the game when EX Dragon was brand new, and had to quit unfortunately due to moving (lost all my cards, plus a lot of other things in storage =( )

So anyway, on to my opinion question. When I last played, I had a Water Sniper deck. Basically, a deck that used cards like Seaking and Swampert (From EX R/S) to do damage to any Pokemon, not just the active. Now that Diamond and Pearl give me a card or two to base the same idea around (Empoleon / Empoleon Lvl X being the big two.), I am stronly considering building a new, tourney-legal deck around the same idea.

What I want to hear from you guys and gals is, is this idea viable? And if so, what other cards might I use to compliment it? I know there are strong decks out there that would probably own its face (Infernape and the deck that won Nationals), but I can't help but feel with the right combination of cards, it could still make an impact, if only just on the local scene.

Your thoughts appreciated,
Derek

Welcome back Derek. But since this is not News nor Gossip, off it goes....

Hi Derek,

I'm one of the League Leaders from the Lynnwood League. My husband and I are at Phoenix Games on Tuesday nights from 6pm - 8pm. If you bring the cards that you have or are considering for your deck Jeff or Ian will be happy to give advice (I'm not so great at deck-building), and I'd be happy to help you "test" your new tournament legal deck.

Go Tomahawks! (lol)

^_^

Empoleon goes well w/Lucario (he's kinda like Marowak d, when you think about it). I've also seen an Empoleon/Roserade deck floating around the Deck Help forum. The latter might be slightly better since Budew can help you search for Trainers early on.

- Croatian "happy feet, happier deck" Nidoking

Yes indeed... and I'm planning on building an Empoleon/??????? deck too. (I won't say what the mystery Pokemon is, though... hah!)

Back