Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

i need some help mondernizing my deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhyhorn trainer

like other people on this forum i just got rhyperior lv x the thing is i built a deck that would be considerd unlimited. i would like some help in making my deck legal by leauge standards

my deck now has

4- rhyhorn (DP)
4- rhydon (DP)
3- rhyperior (DP)
1- rhyperior lv x (DP)
4- sentret (DP. the one with grope)
2- quick balls
2- dusk balls
3- computer search
4- bill
3- gamble
30- fighting energy

i was wondering if you could turn my deck into a legal. i'm open to suggestions just don't be rude about it please.

i mostly need help finding trainer cards or pokemon that have the same or simular effects as the trainer cards i have listed. anything you think might help?

you should try to put some fossle pokemon in your deck.not only it is fighting type there are good trainers for them.also it will back up your rhyperior lvx.and quick balls are good but if you run out of cards you loose

Last edited:
I'd say in place of the computer searches, just get some Furrets. It evolves from Sentret, and its keen eye attack lets you search your deck for 2 cards, for free! Kind of like 2 Computer searches only better.

4-3-3-1 is a good Rhyperior setup
4-2 Furret You want to start with this guy so you can get the cards you want fast : D

Instead of Bills and the Gamblers, you could include any of the following:

Roseanne's Research: (Search your deck for 2 of basic pokemon or basic energy in any combination)
Team Galactic's Mars: (Just like Bill but force your opponent to shuffle a card into their deck)
Professor Rowan: (Keep one card you like, then shuffle the rest and draw four)
Team Galactic's Wager: (Works a lot like a forced gambler for both players)
Professor Oak's Visit: (Draw three, then stick a card from your hand under your deck)
Bebe's Search: (Works like an auto-won Pokeball)

Just keep in mind that in the current generation, draw power has been greatly reduced and all the above cards are Supporter cards (a type of trainer your only allowed to play one of each turn).

Good luck with your deckbuilding.

Your deck depends completely on Rhyperior LvLX, so you have to either play two or Azelf to check whether it it prized. Your whole deck should then focus on getting two Rhyperior as quickly as possible, once that happens you just have to hope that you are not playing against a water deck.

Jirachi helps you get the non-energy out of the deck and help you build Rhyperior.

4 LA Jirachi (or IFDS Sableye)
3-2-3-1 Rhyperior (you don't want to start with it)
1 LA Azelf
2 Uknown G (to prevent effects on Rhyperior)

3 Rare Candy (too useful even though you don't need that many))
4 Roseanne
4 Bebe
2 Professor Rowan (getting energy back in the deck is useful)
4 Premier Ball

27 Energy

Be careful with straight draw trainers since the risk of getting decked is real even with the second attack. 4 Premier Ball may seem excessive but you need to be able to get the Rhyperior LvLX back from the discard pile if you lose it and you may lose some to the discards. This setup gives the ability to get it either naturally or from the deck with Jirachi.

Given that both Jirachi and the trainers focus on getting non-energy out of the deck you should be able to get 150 damage most of the time.

thank you everyone for your help. i now dropped 2 setret for 2 chatot with mimic. i realize that it speeds up the deck thinning while keeping deck size farly large

i am now trying to find out if they ever remade the cards pokemon breeder and pokemon breeder fields. i also got a 4-3-2-2 rhyhorn line

Rare Candy does the same thing as Pokemon Breeder, but can also be used to evolve to Rhydon the same turn you play Rhyhorn, if you really need to. There isn't any current card analogous to Pokemon Breeder Fields, but Bebe's Search is the closest thing to it, being able to search for any Pokemon. Combine that with Quick Ball. I'd play four Quick Balls in this deck, and minimize the Dusk Balls since you'd be likely to not even get a Pokemon with Dusk Ball.

Good luck with building the deck, Rhyperior looks like a lot of fun.

to those who have helped me. thank you. this is my finished deck:
4-4-2-2 Rhyperior DP
2-2 Furret SW
2 Chatot MD
4 Night Maintenance
4 Rare Candy
4 Quick Balls
30 Fighting Energy

and i am sorry but to those who suggest i put in claydol in this deck...

NO!!!
BAD!!!

granted, i can see how it can refresh my hand. but i want to keep energy IN my deck NOT my hand.

anything that i might of over looked. please let me know.

again Claydol BAD!!!

1. Necroposting is not cool.

2. I agree, 30 Energy is excessive. Quick Ball is a bit meh, I think Bebe's Search would be a bit better (plus hey, you can dump an Energy back into the deck). I'd also consider some form of draw outside of Furret and Chatot, like PoV or something.

Felicity's Drawing Would be the best addition
discard 1 energy draw 3 cards
discard 2 energy draw 4 cards
Perfect for Rhyperior
i say- 6 energy so you have 24
also add Delcatty from Platinum
For it's Power
Power Circulation 20 damage to delcatty put 2 energy on Top of the Deck
so - 6 Fighting
+2 Felicity
+2 skitty + 2 delcatty
Those should improve your deck greatly