Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

I need some tips for my nats too

Garuda

My nationals is in about 3 weeks (yeap along with World Cup) and I can't decide wich deck could give me the best shot yet.

As far as I know about the field it has these decks:

- Flariados
- Metanite
- Powdacham
- Primetool variants
- Mercury with Scizor
- Zapturndos
- LBS
- Burning Liability

Minor decks: Ludicargo and Dragtrode, maybe some Ttar variants and other T2 stuff like GatrEX

As you can see it's a very messed metagame, hence why I'm asking for suggestions.
Yeah I know I should post my pre-defined options here but I know that there are other players that will be at my nats who read these forums so I won't give alway my ideas that way.

And NO I'm NOT asking any decklist, just want to know from the other users what decks can have advantages in such an open field like that.

Thnx for your time!

Ooops I've forgot a very important detail. The format is RS-LM since HP will be released after my nats. Why? LD fault, obviously.

But your tip maybe usefull for Worlds *if* I qualify. Thnx!

Burning Liability would'nt be a bad choice here, it beats all of those except Flariados and depending on the skill of the LBS player it can win against that too. Ludi's ok if you Plusle pow! It seems like an uncertain metagame so possibly just go for the deck your have the most expierience with. I know one thing though, Brazil>England>everyone else at world cup:tongue:

In an RS-on metagame, I'd consider using one of the decks that's popular over in Japan right now, rather than something from the US-metagame. Delta Marowak wouldn't be bad, depending on the amount of other delta decks you expected to face. T2 Dustox mightn't be such a bad choice either, with them all focusing on EX's. (Mercury with a Scizor? Ugh. Now there's someone with no imagination.)

Garuda said:
Ooops I've forgot a very important detail. The format is RS-LM since HP will be released after my nats. Why? LD fault, obviously.

But your tip maybe usefull for Worlds *if* I qualify. Thnx!

Well, I have playtested it and it isnt such a good idea, sorry for delay, it just stops you. :rolleyes:

Kempley - Based on what I said on the post Burning Liability looks like a nice shot but the metagame is going from Flariados to LBS now, before it was migrating from Burning Liability to Flariados, plus due to B.L. winnning at early tournaments this year (january-february) I expect to most everyone knowing how to play against it, even people with some techs against it.

Archaic - DS Marowak would be a choice if the metagame was going to be filled with DS stuff as you said, but it´s not the case...

zapper: Yeap. If you wanna try Pidgeot delta in queen try 1-1 Poryogon 2 (UF) with it too. During your turn you attach Energy Root to him and QS for free, before attack return the Root to your hand and lock your opp. Holon GL instead of Heals and there you go.

Hmm no seems risky due to Burning Liability and LBS..
My nats is june 10 (swiss rounds) and june 11 (playoffs)

Garuda said:
......duing your turn you attach Energy Root to him and QS for free, before attack return the Root to your hand and lock your opp. .....

how do you return the Energy Root to your hand?

NoPoke said:
how do you return the Energy Root to your hand?
With Porygon2's 3D Reset poke-power.

Duh MG beat me to that...

manicgiraffe said:
You have a two day nationals?
And I thought delays were torture

Its better than playing straight 6 hours in a row...

Back