Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

I think my Black version is busted...

KaiserBeetle

So I beat my Black version and thought about my team so I hatched out a good Deino and started EV training but it didn't work. I went out and knocked out a bunch of Basculin with a macho brace and each time I only gained 2 speed points. For the inevitable question, no it is not full. while I was training it up via exp share I only knocked out pokemon with special attack EVs, also, I can give him upwards of 6 protein etc.

Problem #2: My game is the only one I've seen that hasn't changed seasons with the change in month, and yes my time and date settings are correct. If anyone has any answers that would help alot.

Are you saying that now the EVs are added in directly instead of stockpiled and added when you level up? If that's the case then we'll be able to EV train level 100 Pokemon...

Are you saying that now the EVs are added in directly instead of stockpiled and added when you level up? If that's the case then we'll be able to EV train level 100 Pokemon...

That's correct, apparently.

The seasons change on the 1st of the month, I think, so...

If the ev's are calculated in before leveling up, then why does it still display (+?) after the stat your ev'ing on at the level up?

Just a bit confused - as an ev trainer myself, and a friend who ev's as well, my friend was ev'ing up on a pokie, and got only a +2 in the stat after doing the work. Compared to previouse ev'ing, I have seen +36 in a stat increase on leveling up ( as everyone else has seen) - so- this means that now WITH IN the experiance gain that the stats grow simaltaniousely (unseen) and that the (+?) at the level up is just the leftover from maxing the stat out while getting the experiance?

Sorry if I am unclear, I will try to explain better/reword this differently when I have a better way to colaborate this....
but, does what I am saying make sence at all as too my question?

If the ev's are calculated in before leveling up, then why does it still display (+?) after the stat your ev'ing on at the level up?

Because your stats still improve on levelup. EVs were never the only thing affecting your stats, you know.

Just a bit confused - as an ev trainer myself, and a friend who ev's as well, my friend was ev'ing up on a pokie, and got only a +2 in the stat after doing the work. Compared to previouse ev'ing, I have seen +36 in a stat increase on leveling up ( as everyone else has seen) - so- this means that now WITH IN the experiance gain that the stats grow simaltaniousely (unseen) and that the (+?) at the level up is just the leftover from maxing the stat out while getting the experiance?

The formula for a stat is

(((IV + 2 * BaseStat + (EV/4) ) * Level/100 ) + 5) * Nature Value

Even besides Nature and Base Stat, level is factored in.

When you level up, it's just showing you the net change caused by the level-up + nature value.

^ got it- net change cleared it up.
It just feels wierd seeing such a small increase in the stats from the years past with all the work being done and not seeing that large jump in the stat increase is all.

It is like going to the store and buying a bag of chips, (the hard work to get the cash) opening that bag and it is half full.
(yes, the contents have settled)- but the bag is still deceiving you. Thus, you think there should be more in the bag.

Curse you Frito-Lay!

Yeah, it is odd if compared to how they did it the last games, but dynamically updating the stats as you gain EVs is so much nicer than seeing huge spikes imo, as it not only makes training easier when using the Pokemon in battle, but of course the fact you can train 100s (as has been mentioned).

Best idea is to take NOTE of your Stats before you do your EV Train grind then you can compare.

Just sayin'

As far as the seasons changing, they only change if you enter/exit an area. If you've been on one route the whole time it won't show the new season.

Ah, it finally changed; I guess it was just a few days late. I turned it on April 2nd and flew to Icirrus to check it out, I've just been turning it on and checking it since then.

Back