Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

I'd like to apologize

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabett

It's come to my attention that there is good handful of you that find I'm a troll on pokegym, I find this to be a plausible misconception, and here's why:

1) By definition, a troll is someone who intentionally creates havoc on a thread, now I have created havoc on threads, as I'm sure you've seen, but it was never my intention to create havoc on the thread, obviously something could happen from me posting a controversial opinion, but everyone on this forum is allowed to post their opinion, no matter how controversial and as long as it follows the guidelines, which mine have.

2) Ironically, on these threads, I'll get a lot of posts specifically at me, that either insult me or call me out from the misconception of thinking I'm a troll. Which, by definition are intentionally adding nothing to the thread but something that's off-topic, and could easily be considered by some trolling in itself.

3) Many times on these threads, probably after people have put me on their ignore list I'm assuming, I've apologized for the things I've said because of the way in which I see people becoming offended. Not that I understand why they've become offended, but I apologize sincerely all the same.

4) I can understand why people view me in such a way, I can understand how people can read what they've read so far, and think "what a croc", but it's gotten to the point where I think I should make something clear to everyone who's had these issues with me. I have a mild case of Aspergers, which is a form of autism, and in laymen's terms that means I sometimes have difficulty understanding the thought processes and opinions of those around me. So once again, I'm sorry I've created such a dislike about myself on the forum, but sometimes I can't help the way I think, I never meant to just create a whole mess out of threads, and I hope that you recognize that by me making this post, that I"m genuinely sorry.

So please, if you have any issues with me please PM me and we can talk about them.

(Mods, I'm sorry if I have put this in the wrong place)

I've never seen you as a troll, but still, I forgive you. I think everyone else should too since you have the guts to go out in the open about it.

I've never seen you as a troll, but still, I forgive you. I think everyone else should too since you have the guts to go out in the open about it.

I find you to be an informative poster who keeps the discussion interesting and active.
Well thanks guys, I really appreciate that since after having seen signatures telling people to put me on their ignore list. I think y'all are great posters as well.

I think you always have an interesting post that is worth looking at. I have seen trolls call you a troll. Aspergers is another reason why we shouldn't call you a troll. Even if we didn't know about it, that's why we shouldn't judge people. You are definitely not a troll if you care enough to apologize. The people who have ignore list are on my mental list. That's rude and should be taken out of signatures.

I think you always have an interesting post that is worth looking at. I have seen trolls call you a troll. Aspergers is another reason why we shouldn't call you a troll. Even if we didn't know about it, that's why we shouldn't judge people. You are definitely not a troll if you care enough to apologize. The people who have ignore list are on my mental list. That's rude and should be taken out of signatures.
Thank you Happiny, it's a good thing to hear more supporting words. :thumb:

I wasn't ever planning posting on this site ever again, for personal reasons that I am at fault for.

However that said when I read a fellow gym member had Aspergers I felt compelled to respond. My response is this, many people into things like Pokemon have Aspergers. I have Aspergers and NLD (the two go hand in hand in the sense that basically everyone that has NLD has Aspergers but not everyone who has Aspergers has NLD; I was diagnosed with NLD when I was 7 and with Aspergers when I was 15)

I will boldly state that I believe the majority of the people on the gym have Aspergers.

Now I am not an expert but I will give a list based on my conditions/'quirks' and you can see if any match up with your life.

1. Spilling secrets out to basically complete strangers and trusting them via internet is far more easier to do than to say family and friends you actually know in 'RL'.

2. You have a 'niche' that is the focus point of much of your time and endevours, mine is Philosophy and Religion.

3. You have had no to little romantic/intimate/sexual involvement with another person/s, I have had none whatsoever.

4. It's extremely difficult to be with crowds/hoards of people unless you are at a place that you really want to be.

5. Even more difficult is to socialize, even if you want to. (If not '3.' above would have been accomplished a long time ago, lol)

There are I'm sure other stuff I missed but this is fairly basic, and those with any condition vary from person to person.

I wasn't ever planning posting on this site ever again, for personal reasons that I am at fault for.

However that said when I read a fellow gym member had Aspergers I felt compelled to respond. My response is this, many people into things like Pokemon have Aspergers. I have Aspergers and NLD (the two go hand in hand in the sense that basically everyone that has NLD has Aspergers but not everyone who has Aspergers has NLD; I was diagnosed with NLD when I was 7 and with Aspergers when I was 15)

I will boldly state that I believe the majority of the people on the gym have Aspergers.

Now I am not an expert but I will give a list based on my conditions/'quirks' and you can see if any match up with your life.

1. Spilling secrets out to basically complete strangers and trusting them via internet is far more easier to do than to say family and friends you actually know in 'RL'.

2. You have a 'niche' that is the focus point of much of your time and endevours, mine is Philosophy and Religion.

3. You have had no to little romantic/intimate/sexual involvement with another person/s, I have had none whatsoever.

4. It's extremely difficult to be with crowds/hoards of people unless you are at a place that you really want to be.

5. Even more difficult is to socialize, even if you want to. (If not '3.' above would have been accomplished a long time ago, lol)

There are I'm sure other stuff I missed but this is fairly basic, and those with any condition vary from person to person.
1. I haven't found myself particularly spilling of secrets, on the internet, unless this counts, but I have put a lot of trust into strangers, even after it's come to haunt me.

2. Well, I spend a large amount of time on card games, particularity the development side of it. That's actually what brought me to pokemon, I want to understand tcg development on a wide scale, and I began with mtg, and I was eventually led to pokemon.

3. I don't fit this at all, I have a heavy dependency on my fiancee. Although not on my family at all.

4. My time spent is usually at home, or at a comic book store, where I know all the staff. Although I ride metro and used to walk aimlessly in malls, but always with headphones on.

5. Sometimes I find it awkward, I'm usually fine with the introductory stuff, but I've recently found I don't do well at more long term or sentimental friendships.

I was diagnosed with aspergers at the age of 12.

Just remember to never use your condition as an excuse.

It's a bit hard to do that when it starts creating problems such as what's happened here. I can't help it if I don't really understand how deeply insulted other people become from my opinions on a subject. What am I supposed to do? Just ignore the fact, and think everyone else is crazy for reacting the way they do? No, this is not an excuse, this is an explanation.

Fitting in with a friend or a 'special-someone' with heavy dependence is a sign of Aspergers. The concept of finding and keeping someone is that's the pain especially when you lack empathy. I am very emotionally dry, alot does bother me but it doesn't appear appear on the surface (usually).

Actions speak louder than words. We'll find out over time if you're sincere about this.

EDIT: Im assuming this started because of HT, so maybe you should take it there as well.

Last edited:
Hye hey hey hey. Without trolls what is a forum? your not one but every good forum needs some trolls to quote
"spice up our lives"

You? Troll? Nice joke. Never seen you trolling around, even though I've been for what? 4 days? I can tell you aren't a troll.

Never apologize for greatness.
I don't understand what you mean.

Fitting in with a friend or a 'special-someone' with heavy dependence is a sign of Aspergers. The concept of finding and keeping someone is that's the pain especially when you lack empathy. I am very emotionally dry, alot does bother me but it doesn't appear appear on the surface (usually).
That's what I thought, obsession also being that focus on a particular thing. I've had problems sharing myself with that person, emotionally.

Actions speak louder than words. We'll find out over time if you're sincere about this.

EDIT: Im assuming this started because of HT, so maybe you should take it there as well.
The statement you use is odd, because the only "action" I would be doing would be involving words. Also, I never said this would stop, I said that I apologize, and explained why this happened. How can you think that I'm insincere? Oh, I'm lying? Is that it? If I was lying, why would I apologize here? And why would I apologize in the other threads were I've offended people? The POV that I'm a troll, when you take a second to analyze it, as apposed to seeing only the surface of the problem, makes no sense anymore. There's no "find out over time" this is the way I post, and these are the opinions I have, I've explained why people can make such a misconception to think I'm a troll, and explained why it's wrong. I have seen no apology from anyone who's said directly offensive things to me, and this is the last time I'm going to apologize for what I am, because I'm tired of it. I have problems communicating, I've apologized for it, now it's understood.

Also who or what is HT an abbreviation for?

Hye hey hey hey. Without trolls what is a forum? your not one but every good forum needs some trolls to quote
"spice up our lives"
It would be fine, I wouldn't even be playing along, but when it comes to people becoe offended and not only blocking, but putting it in their sigs so that other people can block me, it becomes out of hand.

You? Troll? Nice joke. Never seen you trolling around, even though I've been for what? 4 days? I can tell you aren't a troll.
Thank you, I appreciate this.

You're no ArceusRules (or w/e the Create-a-card troll was named), but you seem to love to flood threads with your arguments. TBH, I just got tired of arguing with you. I think what the_general was saying is that if you keep doing what you're doing before, what was the point of the apology? Words are a result of actions, but the action defines the intention.

Listen to what people have to say, try it out, and if it still seems like they're wrong, give them reasoning for them being wrong. If people ignore you, don't let it affect you.

Vegi got it right. See sabett, you can't take anything constructively. I say actions speak louder than words, and you freak out. What it MEANS is you can apologize all you want, but you have to quit trolling like you always do to show you're sincere.

By your reaction, I don't think this apology is sincere and this is merely an attempt to have people stop flaming you for what you normally do...but it will keep happening. Blame it on your AS or whatever, but it will keep happening.

You're no ArceusRules (or w/e the Create-a-card troll was named), but you seem to love to flood threads with your arguments. TBH, I just got tired of arguing with you. I think what the_general was saying is that if you keep doing what you're doing before, what was the point of the apology? Words are a result of actions, but the action defines the intention.

Listen to what people have to say, try it out, and if it still seems like they're wrong, give them reasoning for them being wrong. If people ignore you, don't let it affect you.
Is putting your opinion on multiple threads a "troll-like" attitude? Also, I never had the intention that a troll would have, so no that can't be what he means. He just wants me to post differently, and I'm telling all l of you, I really can't. I can try, I could even do it differently for a while, but it is simply the way I act, and isn't something I can help. Now in those threads in which I've offended people, I've offended people with the opinions and the diligence that I've had, but I also apologize when I see I've highly offended someone because of it. The same can not be said for the people directly insulting me, and telling me I should stop posting.

It's one thing to ignore me, it's quite another to advertise it so other people can do the same. Also, I felt that I was giving people explanations for being wrong, I think that might be something misunderstood between other people and myself. I think I give a valid and logical argument, but then they'll respond with something emotional and become offended. At that point, is what I don't understand what happens, and isn't something I can't really help. But people don't need to rude even more so after I apologize.

---------- Post added 06/20/2010 at 11:27 AM ----------

Vegi got it right. See sabett, you can't take anything constructively. I say actions speak louder than words, and you freak out. What it MEANS is you can apologize all you want, but you have to quit trolling like you always do to show you're sincere.

By your reaction, I don't think this apology is sincere and this is merely an attempt to have people stop flaming you for what you normally do...but it will keep happening. Blame it on your AS or whatever, but it will keep happening.
Then you don't understand, I have never trolled, by definition, it has to be my intention to create havoc, and I have expressed in a number of ways on here, that this is not the case. I was simply saying that it was odd for you to say that, I didn't "freak out", it just seems odd that you were expecting "actions to show the sincerity as apposed to words, which is exactly what those actions would be. All I was doing was pointing out the irony of your statement. This is a perfect example of a misunderstanding we've had, and fuels the fire of the misconception that I'm a troll.

At this point it doesn't matter what you think of this apology, because from a completely logical point of view it makes no sense that I'm not. Ooo, flaming, you got me, even though what I complained about was the fact that people were blocking me. I don't want to offend people, I don't want to be misunderstood.

Oh yeah, that's it I wanted everyone to know I have aspergers and that I'm an anti-social jerk that can't help it from birth, that I'm obsessively dependent on my significant other, that it's the reason I've been driven to pokemon, not because I wanted to have fun, not because I wanted to be social, but as to help cope with my obsession over card games. You've unraveled my master plan.

Last edited:
Well, Sabett at least you have honestly confessed your complete dependency on Pokemon and your significant other to help cope with A.S. good for you *applauds*

Note that dry-humor and scathing-sarcasm are more traits of one with A.S. Also speaking for myself and perhaps for Sabett the 'world' for me is fairly cut-and-dry 'this is the way it is and or should be.' The world is fairly divided between right and wrong in the sense 'I'm right you're wrong' the sense of 'logic' and 'justice' in my mind goes hand in hand and those hands of 'logic' and 'justice' are a firm chokehold on Truth and my righteousness revolves around all else and others, none has been or ever will be as righteous as I.

Those with A.S. cannot break certain molds saying someone to stop would be like telling a blind person to see.

Is putting your opinion on multiple threads a "troll-like" attitude? Also, I never had the intention that a troll would have, so no that can't be what he means. He just wants me to post differently, and I'm telling all l of you, I really can't. I can try, I could even do it differently for a while, but it is simply the way I act, and isn't something I can help. Now in those threads in which I've offended people, I've offended people with the opinions and the diligence that I've had, but I also apologize when I see I've highly offended someone because of it. The same can not be said for the people directly insulting me, and telling me I should stop posting.

It's one thing to ignore me, it's quite another to advertise it so other people can do the same. Also, I felt that I was giving people explanations for being wrong, I think that might be something misunderstood between other people and myself. I think I give a valid and logical argument, but then they'll respond with something emotional and become offended. At that point, is what I don't understand what happens, and isn't something I can't really help. But people don't need to rude even more so after I apologize.

---------- Post added 06/20/2010 at 11:27 AM ----------

Then you don't understand, I have never trolled, by definition, it has to be my intention to create havoc, and I have expressed in a number of ways on here, that this is not the case. I was simply saying that it was odd for you to say that, I didn't "freak out", it just seems odd that you were expecting "actions to show the sincerity as apposed to words, which is exactly what those actions would be. All I was doing was pointing out the irony of your statement. This is a perfect example of a misunderstanding we've had, and fuels the fire of the misconception that I'm a troll.

At this point it doesn't matter what you think of this apology, because from a completely logical point of view it makes no sense that I'm not. Ooo, flaming, you got me, even though what I complained about was the fact that people were blocking me. I don't want to offend people, I don't want to be misunderstood.

Oh yeah, that's it I wanted everyone to know I have aspergers and that I'm an anti-social jerk that can't help it from birth, that I'm obsessively dependent on my significant other, that it's the reason I've been driven to pokemon, not because I wanted to have fun, not because I wanted to be social, but as to help cope with my obsession over card games. You've unraveled my master plan.

Like I said, this is the exact reason people block/ignore you and choose to not have to read what you write. You continue to beat the same horse over and over just to argue for the sake of arguing. You're obviously not sincere, so this thread is pointless. You're apologizing for stuff that you're even doing in THIS thread haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back