Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Idaho, 1st place report

Rikku11

So friday night all of us Utah players went to Big Jud's (Home of the 1 LB Hamburger) and stuffed ourselfs with hamburger.:lol: Then Karl, Kyle, Evan, Drake and I Play tested our decks changing them around until about 3:30 in the morning. I decided to play Gyrados, Karl played AMU Plox, Kyle played Jumpluff, Evan played Gyrados, and drake played Kingdra. I was really confident with Gyrados because it had the best matchups.

R1 Jarik (Tyranitar Togekiss Darkrai)
He gets a larvitar start and i get a sableye start. I go 1st and impersonate. He just plays baltoy and headbutts. I just set up for another turn then he gets out claydol cosmic for six evolves to pupitar rare candy togekiss only 2 energy then plays darkrai. Then i just keep 2 hitting T-tars and hit 2/4 heads with super scoop up. He only took one prize.
GG

1-0

R2 Heath D. (Gyrados)
We both set up fairly slow and he top decks his sableye and gos second so we both just stood there for a while we set up. Cant remember much but it came down to a 1-1 prize with me just taking a prize so its his turn now. He told me all he need was one of the 2 pokemon reversal in his deck and the heads for the win. He uses cosmic to draw 4. and doesnt get it. But he got a super scoop up. He plays it and rolls a heads. Picks up the claydol plays baltoy evolves to claydol and then cosmics again for 3 cards. The last card he drew was a reversal now all hw needed was another heads for the win. ( i had a cyclone so if he gets tails i win) He rolls the dice............HEADS! Then he imediatly days Good game. He needed the heads with super scoop up and the heads with pkmn reversal to win and got them both.
GG

1-1

R3 Andrew (Shuppet Donk)
(I was really nervous because if he played 2 Mr. Mimes in his deck i was done for)
I get a sableye start, he starts with crobat. I just set up regice and discard magikarps making him switch with skunktank G in early game. but he had a poketurn and uses it brings up shuppet then hits me for 3. i just discard karps again. he then kills my sableye with shuppet bringing up mime. i just keep cycloning his mime for easy prizes. and attempt scoop up for 2/4. he then doucle pokeblowered my regice. but one of my scoop up heads was on that. so i just sat there for a few turns cause i couldnt get cyclone and i misplayed and put regice at the bottom with cosmic. he kills my gyrados i bring up crobat. cosmic for a collector and then play and regimove for my last prize.
GG

2-1

R3 Cameron (Luxray Garchomp Dialga Blaziken)
I get a crobat start and go first and just end. he starts with luxray attatches and egains it then uses one flash bite on my and bites for 60. wow it was so close! i thought i was gonna get donked! i then use collector and set up from there and poketurn the bat with 70 on it. he takes 3 easy prizes with bright look but i just keep one shoting him with gyrados and i take all my prizes.
GG

3-1

R5 Tom ( FlyChamp) I needed to win to make the cut
I get the normal start he starts with machop. i kill it quick with 2 karps in my discard. he brings up spirtomb and just uses darkness grace on baltoy. he has a claydol on his bench and a vibrava. i just regimove make him switch with claydol then kill it. he then darkness graces to flygon. i do the same and kill his flygon. then just take easy basic prizes after that.

GG

4-1

I was scared because there were 5 4-1's so i was hoping id make it. the standings come up. and it says Brandon Jones 6th place. I was like dang i missed the cut. then i was like wait a minute! if there were only 5 4-1's then i should be 5th place. i checked what it said and it said i went 3-2. but i won my last round so it was a mistake. i immediatly told the judges and they fixed it.

So th top 4 decks were-

Heath D (Gyrados)
Taren R (NidoQueen NidoKing)
Kyle K (Jumpluff) My little cousin
Brandon J ( Gyrados) Me

so i played heath

Top 4

G1
we both set up pretty fast but i take the 1st prize and then he hits my gyarados and i scoop it up. so i was ahead on prizes the whole game just trading prizes. it was a really long game and i ended up winning.
GG

G2
We both got the same setup with a bat start then he takes the first prize but i get ahead on prizes because of scoop up and cyclone energy. it finally comes down to me with 2 prizes and him with 3 prizes. i attatch a cyclone energy. he then brings up something to die. i say cosmic power then they yell out time. so then i just attatched expert belt to the crobat for fun. but then we played it out and i only one to time so it would have gone to sudden death. sorry heath.
GG

Top 2
I got to play my little cousin kyle in the top 2 just like last year.:smile:

G1
I just start up normally and i just tryed to keep my bench down so he could not one shot me. he couldnt one shot me except for twice. i then just keep killing hid jumpluffs and took all my prizes.
GG

Pretty much the same as game 1. i just had to be very careful about being one shoted.
GG

Sorry kyle i know when we were playtesting on friday you would always win against me but i figured out a strtegy to beat you.

so this is my 4th staes ive won.. ive won every states ive ever been to.. wow im lucky.. just did ALOT of practicing and studying decks.

Props-
Winning my 4th States!
Drake winning JR's
Kyle taking 2nd
karl taking 5th
Utah sweeping every division!!!!!:smile:\
going to go way high in my rating
Big Juds!
Roadtrip
judges
getting my whole deck reverse holo besides 2 cards
swimming after winning

slops-
really nothing

Chuzzoe- Thanks ill see you this weekend.

Gallade- Gyrados secret highfive time???

Nekizalb- Thanks hope to see you too! how did you do at states?

way to go wish I could have come. I wouldn't have had a deck anyway though. still don"t lol

Back