Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Ideas for 6th generation of games.

signofzeta

I think that as a player, the game should have different endings, or different paths depending on the choices you make.

For example, there are 2 villainous teams. Well they aren't villainous, but each team has completely different points of view that neither of them are right nor wrong, and it is up to the player, depending on the user's point of view, on which side that player should join.

One team wears tan and olive drab. The other team wears grey and black trench coats. I'll leave you to figure out the names of these 2 teams.

The tan and olive drab team thinks that pokemon should be freed from trainers, much like team plasma. The grey and black trench coat team thinks that pokemon should be slaves, and that every pokemon should be owned by somebody. You have to decide which side to pick.

I think this way, it teaches kids about morals, and which one seems more right than the other.

Uh...yeah...not that people won't choose your hypothetical black side, but their views you listed kind of clash with the whole "not right nor wrong" part of your first statement.

Having other endings or outcomes from your actions in the game could be fun though. Say for example, back in Ruby/Sapphire, they gave you the choice of joining Team Magma or Aqua; with Magma, most of the sea paths post-E4 and water Pokemon could be gone and the map reflective of it. Or should you side with Aqua, most of the land would be gone and replaced with more water Pokemon and sea lanes. And then you can open up new Pokemon that are migrating to these "new" areas as well.

I think Black/White did the series a favor in allowing the use of HMs the second you find/get them. Disconnecting them from the gym badge requirement was a good idea.

What I hope to see in the next generation of Pokemon games is an open world I can explore from the beginning. Every game is so linear, where you have to follow the path, go from this area to this area to this area. Only in certain places can you actually choose to go in another direction, which is usually blocked by a stupid NPC or a need for an HM (surf, strength, etc). I'd like to see a world where there are no NPCs that stop you, there are few HM blocking terrain. If you want to go explore half the map before taking on the first gym, be my guest. Sure, if you get spotted by a trainer, you'll likely lose, but that is part of the fun of it.

Also, I'd like to perhaps see zero new Pokemon in the next generation but access to all generations of Pokemon from the get-go. The game can use seasons, night/day, and day of the week to separate which Pokemon appear when. It just seems like all the games work like this: Have access to this game's Pokemon for 99% of the game, then you beat the Elite 4 and can play with the other generations for the other 1% of the game. Whoopie!

Can we have access to VS Seeker, please? It was missing in Black/White and I felt it. Audino hunting was not as much fun. Can we get an upgrade after we beat the Elite 4 so we can use it on Gyms? That'd be awesome!

What I like to see in a dialog is not just a simple yes or no, and to continue, you have to pick yes.

Another thing I would like is to be able to be the bad guy. I guess there could be 2 teams. One is good, the other bad, and you get to pick a side. Sometimes, gameplay possibilities expand if you pick the Axis or the Decepticons.

What I'd like to see is a story that's at least as complex as Dragon Quest. And, honestly, that's a fairly low bar to try and hurdle...

I think they should do what they did in Yellow and give you a selection of Pokemon besides the average :grass::fire::water: set. Like Fighting, or Dark, something a little less conventional.

Or give you a Masterball to start with, with plenty of Pokedolls (Smoke Balls) to run away from wild battles. Let YOU choose your first Pokemon.

I think they should do what they did in Yellow and give you a selection of Pokemon besides the average :grass::fire::water: set. Like Fighting, or Dark, something a little less conventional.

I think that for the 6th generation, the starter for the first set of games should be :grass::fire::water:.

Then when the sequel or remake is released, the starters, which are already featured in the first game, should be :psychic::fighting::dark:

Afterall, there is a rock paper scissors type of thing in Psychic beating Fighting beating Dark beating Psychic. They are also energy types in the TCG as well.

I think that for the 6th generation, the starter for the first set of games should be :grass::fire::water:.

Then when the sequel or remake is released, the starters, which are already featured in the first game, should be :psychic::fighting::dark:

Afterall, there is a rock paper scissors type of thing in Psychic beating Fighting beating Dark beating Psychic. They are also energy types in the TCG as well.

Ahh... you may have something there. :wink: My fan fic would be Sewaddle, Vulpix, and Feebas(hear me out). Secondly Ralts, Riolu, and Zorua respectively.

Sewaddle: Leavanny; Photo finish first with Budew (Roserade) in the Grass race in my head.
Vulpix: Ninetales; I think my username explains this one. :biggrin:
Feebas: Milotic; Feebas is sucky I know, but it CAN learn TMs. Plus Milotic is kinda they only Water type I like so... :tongue:

Ralts: Gallade/Gardevoir; only Psychic I like that isn't a Legendary.
Riolu: Lucario; C'mon. Why wouldn't he be a starter? :lol: He could be like what Pikachu is to Yellow. In Riolu's case, your faithful companion whom you form a bond with that eventually triggers Evolution. (during the day of course)
Zorua: Zoroark; If you have questions, please consult my username. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Fox: You do know that a 6th generation will almost assuredly have another 100+ new Pokemon, right? There will be new starters. But I like the Fighting/Psychic/Dark thing. You can quite easily make a balanced first area without the standard useless/Bird combination they love so much...

Fox: You do know that a 6th generation will almost assuredly have another 100+ new Pokemon, right? There will be new starters. But I like the Fighting/Psychic/Dark thing. You can quite easily make a balanced first area without the standard useless/Bird combination they love so much...

FAN FIC! :mad:

Plus After Garbodor I wager that a good chunk of said 100+ won't be the brightest bulbs in the dept store.

Or give you a Masterball to start with, with plenty of Pokedolls (Smoke Balls) to run away from wild battles. Let YOU choose your first Pokemon.

This is a great idea... have a fun kinda safari area where there are pokemon of every type and multiple different pokemon of every type that can pop up... but to make it more interesting all of these pokemon have a different ability that you can only get from this area and the only time you can be in the area is once, or give it some boosted stats kinda deal. Also make sure that these pokemon have an extra number in the code so you can only have one per team when you use these improved starters for a tourney... you could expand this and make it great !

1. A Starter that isn't fire Fighting.
2. Go back to pokemon we know - like make a evo for Farfetched.
Black and white and nothing to do with the other regions was meh.
3. The 4 Saint Beasts

I agree, the Fire/Fighting starters is getting a bit old now...3 consecutive generations of it is meh. Plain Grass is boring as well, something like Torterra was fun and unique as Grass/Ground at least, Empoleon being the metal penguin too was fun.

I doubt we'll ever get out of the whole Water/Fire/Grass trio for starters, but they really should at least give them some more fun dual types.

I'm sad im coming to this but... I don't want anymore new Pokemon at this time. I came to this realization when I couldn't figure out the "Who's that Pokemon" the other day, I rather see Ruby and Sapphire remakes first. I'm open to a new region, just not yet.

I agree, the Fire/Fighting starters is getting a bit old now...3 consecutive generations of it is meh. Plain Grass is boring as well, something like Torterra was fun and unique as Grass/Ground at least, Empoleon being the metal penguin too was fun.

I doubt we'll ever get out of the whole Water/Fire/Grass trio for starters, but they really should at least give them some more fun dual types.

I agree. Maybe like a Grass/Dragon or a Fire/Steel type. Something less conventional for a starter.

I was actually thinking about this the other day. It would be cool if they utilize the microphone in the ds's so that we could actually call out attacks and switch Pokemon by saying, for example, "Darkrai! Switch out! Snivellous, your in charge!". (If your wondering I call my Snivy Snivellous. XD)
And it would be cool to have a Dragon/Dark starter haha.

Last edited:
I was actually thinking about this the other day. It would be cool if they utilize the microphone in the ds's so that we could actually call out attacks and switch Pokemon by saying, for example, "Darkrai! Switch out! Snivellous, your in charge!". (If your wondering I call my Snivy Snivellous XD)

Mmm... no thanks. I talk to myself too much as it is. :rolleyes:

DQ9's character creation system. <3

Or even just the choice between a few palette-swapped characters. red/blue or blue/pink as the only choices is getting old.

DQ9's character creation system. <3

Or even just the choice between a few palette-swapped characters. red/blue or blue/pink as the only choices is getting old.

I hear you on that one. Also why do the Trainers always wear hats? That bugs me for some reason. At least in 3rd Gen they mixed it up a little. So much so that we all thought Brendan had white hair until we saw his side burns.

Back