Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

If Manatees are called seacows....

Stick to the subject.
Like, why do we park in driveways and drive on parkways?

I've never heard a road, highway, freeway or skyway refered to as a parkway.

edit:

unless its a traffic jam, in which case you're not really driving are you?

Always best to check Wikipedia if you've never heard of something before saying it doesn't exist:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkway

Woah! Where did I say it doesn't exist? I simply said I've never heard a road refered to as a parkway before ;p.

Here's a bunch of food related ....what do we call these?...paradimes?

-There is no egg in eggplant
-No ham in hamburgers
-Neither apple or pine in pineapple.
-No dog in hotdog (hopfully)
-English muffins were not invented in England
-Nor French fries in France.
Sweetmeats are candies, while sweetbreads, which aren't sweet, are meat.

---------- Post added 07/29/2011 at 11:52 AM ----------

I've also wondered why is it that writers write, but fingers, grocers, and hammers don't fing, groce or ham. If the plural of tooth is teeth, why isn't plural of booth, beeth? One goose, 2 geese. So one moose, two meese? Is cheese the plural of choose? One mouse, 2 mice. One louse, 2 lice. One house, 2 hice? If teachers taught, why havn't preachers praught?

Actually (and granted this may have changed in the last 30 years since my Dad was there), but hamburgers in England used to literally give you ham. You had to ask for like a beef burger for what we call a hamburger...and of course, avoid anything like horse meat burgers...

If a playing card is a reprint, why are there changes to the reprint?

If a tree falls down in the forest, and there's no one around to hear it, and it hits a Mime, does anyone care?

If a tree falls down on a woman, what was the tree doing in the kitchen?

I don't know why, but that one always kills me. But, I have nothing against women, it is just a joke.

Back