Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

If you haven't already done so, it's time to tell Circuit City to go to heck!

Adv1sor

Corporate plan cuts 3,400 higher-paid workers
http://www.coloradoan.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070329/BUSINESS/703290329

...part of a corporate-wide plan to cut 3,400 higher paid workers and replace them with lower-paid new hires.

The electronics retailer, facing larger competitors and falling sales, said Wednesday that it would lay off about 3,400 store workers - immediately - and replace them with lower-paid new hires as soon as possible.

Circuit City spokeswoman Jackie Foreman said the Fort Collins store would immediately begin work to fill those positions.

"This was not an announcement of a reduction in force," she said. "We will work to fill the positions."
=========

They couldn't do this through attrition?

I am dumping my CC stock today and will not be doing any further business with CC.

If you feel the same, let them know.

[email protected]

It's a way a company saves money.

It may not be the nicest way, but if there is tough competition you need to be able to make enough money to save up for a rainy day :*(

Corporate plan cuts 3,400 higher-paid workers
http://www.coloradoan.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070329/BUSINESS/703290329

...part of a corporate-wide plan to cut 3,400 higher paid workers and replace them with lower-paid new hires.

The electronics retailer, facing larger competitors and falling sales, said Wednesday that it would lay off about 3,400 store workers - immediately - and replace them with lower-paid new hires as soon as possible.

Circuit City spokeswoman Jackie Foreman said the Fort Collins store would immediately begin work to fill those positions.

"This was not an announcement of a reduction in force," she said. "We will work to fill the positions."
=========

They couldn't do this through attrition?

I am dumping my CC stock today and will not be doing any further business with CC.

If you feel the same, let them know.

[email protected]

Yeah, my dad dumped all of his stock at CC. This is not a smart idea.

So let me get this right . They are going to get rid of the no brain high school flunkies they have now and hire someone lower on the food chain. I quit going there because of the service I used to get. No reason to go back now.

Whenever I wish to buy computer hardware, I search for a high-quality item at the lowest price. Why would searching for labor be any different?
It's a way a company saves money.

It may not be the nicest way, but if there is tough competition you need to be able to make enough money to save up for a rainy day :*(
Yeah what he said.

I was going to step in and toss out some sarcasm about this like it was a good thing they're doing it, but it seems I was beaten to it. By people who are serious.

This is, however, a very good example of where a union could have conceivably saved jobs.

Kind of hard to do that when you keep getting fired from your job because your boss wants someone who'll work for less than you.

We wouldn't need unions if consumers cared enough about each other to hold businesses accountable for thier actions.

I'm not saying that CC should pay everyone a high wage. What they pay their workers is and should be between the workers and the company.

But could they not have easily have accomplished this change through attrition?

This action is short-sided and greedy.

Watch for some insider trading tomorrow or Moday as the CEO and board dump some stock when the price goes up.

Company's are inherently greedy, it is how a company functions. Whether you agree with that or not is up to you.

And to Marril, then try to bring something new to the company. Everyone can improve in some way or another.

Company's are inherently greedy, it is how a company functions. Whether you agree with that or not is up to you.

And to Marril, then try to bring something new to the company. Everyone can improve in some way or another.

Ah, the innocence of youth.
Obviously the CEO that is getting paid 500 times what the workers are getting paid doesn't see the value that they bring.
They are making decisions with people's lives like bean counters.
One bean is the same as another to them.
Work 15 years at a company, get laid off, and then come back and tell me how bringing value makes a difference.

Ah, the innocence of youth.
Obviously the CEO that is getting paid 500 times what the workers are getting paid doesn't see the value that they bring.
They are making decisions with people's lives like bean counters.
One bean is the same as another to them.
Work 15 years at a company, get laid off, and then come back and tell me how bringing value makes a difference.

You should compare their wage to what they do.

A CEO gets paid 500 times as much because me manages the company, how much he is paid is up to the company.

Would you rather a high school drop-out janitor get paid as much as a harvard graduate CEO? That doesn't seem to make much sence, either you are spending quite a bit of money, or the CEO really has no insentive to work for a low wage.

In general a CEO is more important then a chashier, or at least it would seem like that to me.

I don't want this to become another "capitalism good vs. capitalism bad" argument, we can make a seperate thread for that :D

Problem with todays Economy.

Working and not getting the salary you should be getting.

The big money companies is just getting richer.

THis country is actually more poor then you think, you got people want to work for a Chinese Wage and thats actually where the problem is. I understand they need to money for food and feed their family, but its part of the problem of not only why the economy is screwed up, but why the Smart and qualified people cant find jobs anymore. The only thing truly this country has that has any meaning (least to the government) is a Military (Obviously).

I fail to see the problem
People are fired due to budget cuts everyday
Companies are out to make business, they dont care about the employees in general

They dont care who they hire either apparently.

you look in my State of Mississippi where I live now (heaven forbid I hate this state) I see nothing but the hiring of uneducated jack***'es that wouldnt know if they coming or going.

Effect that has is running the business crooked, in other words you walk into a store like this or business, and no one knows anything.

Take techsupport for example on the phone or some other business, more times then none they transfering you to someone else because they dont know squat.

Not that America is getting dumb, its just hiring the dumb to do the smart mans job.

in the end it hurts everything.

We wouldn't need unions if consumers cared enough about each other to hold businesses accountable for thier actions.

But because the average consumer is a complete idiot who doesn't care about the company's business practices so long as they're safe (e.g. no rat poison in the dog food or e coli in the spinach) and the prices are better than the other guy's, employees need to be able to look out for each other.

Thus why we have unions, because nobody else cares enough about the employees.

That doesn't seem to make much sence, either you are spending quite a bit of money, or the CEO really has no insentive to work for a low wage.

So... get rid of him and find a CEO that'll work for less? Oh, wait, I think there's a reason it doesn't usually work that way. :rolleyes:

Working and not getting the salary you should be getting.

The big money companies is just getting richer.

Yes. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. It's capitalism at work. Why pay employees a fair wage when someone, anyone, can do a half-assed job for half the cost?

At least there's a minimum wage to prevent this slide from happening faster than it already is.

THis country is actually more poor then you think

It'll wind up bankrupting itself, basically, if left unchecked. Probably within a few years. Why? Because a few private individuals are taking up all the money, the lower classes are getting poorer, and the government can't pay off its debts.

Take techsupport for example on the phone or some other business, more times then none they transfering you to someone else because they dont know squat.

It'd help if they didn't route the damn thing to India half the time. But, hey, Indian call centres are cheaper than the alternative, and customers are still paying...

I dunno about India.

But I cant help notice everytime I am on the phone with a company or techsupport, you cant understand what they are saying because they are foreign, usually a Asian. I know AOL is famous for that as well as Microsoft.
Yes. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. It's capitalism at work. Why pay employees a fair wage when someone, anyone, can do a half-assed job for half the cost?

At least there's a minimum wage to prevent this slide from happening faster than it already is.

Only problem is, I have seen Minimum wage get tossed out the door alot. Lets not forget taxes either.

What it comes down to is, you cant make a living off of the low minimum wage with what most jobs pay these days. Way it is is everything is going up in price, and your salary is staying the same if not getting lower.

You should compare their wage to what they do.

A CEO gets paid 500 times as much because me manages the company, how much he is paid is up to the company.

Would you rather a high school drop-out janitor get paid as much as a harvard graduate CEO? That doesn't seem to make much sence, either you are spending quite a bit of money, or the CEO really has no insentive to work for a low wage.

In general a CEO is more important then a chashier, or at least it would seem like that to me.

I don't want this to become another "capitalism good vs. capitalism bad" argument, we can make a seperate thread for that :D

Well if we paid the Janitor more than a CEO then we would not have to worry about finding urine on the toilet seat.

Back