Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

IL State Championship-Niles,IL 3/6

yoshi1001

I don't know when, but that's the deal. I'll probably be there if it's during break.

Last edited:
??? Niles, I always thought it was gonna be in Rockford or Crystal lake. Since Niles only got like 18 people at their cities. Well then Ill probably not attend if its there.

Kevin

Darn, I was hoping we'd get it in Rockford... we had a pretty good turnout of 47 at CCs. Oh well. :frown:

I think Rockford is good an healthy pokemon center. The 47 with over half of that being local is a very good. Niles is a very large facility that host's tournament all the time. Hope there is an organized road trip from Rockford and Wisconsin.

Depends on the date. If it's during spring break, I may or may not be there. Don't know if my dad would let me take the car from Green Bay all the way down there. If it was for a regional or something, I'd be there for sure. If it's not during spring break, I'll probably come with rulemaster and pokewisconsin.

SLOW DECK said:
I think Rockford is good an healthy pokemon center. The 47 with over half of that being local is a very good. Niles is a very large facility that host's tournament all the time. Hope there is an organized road trip from Rockford and Wisconsin.

I hate the place, but it's only half an hour away. I kinda gotta go, if only b/c it's the only SC that I can easily make...

I'm nearly an hour away, but I still help run it.

Don't worry WI/Rockford players, I wish it were in my backyard too :(

well, sry all, i doubt that many of the STL players will be there, i know i definitely won't be going....... not really in a mood to get another ticket

Dont speed, dont get tickets. And its still not sure where the location will be. If It is at pastimes I will tell you all as soon as I find out.

bullados said:
I hate the place, but it's only half an hour away. I kinda gotta go, if only b/c it's the only SC that I can easily make...

Same here. If it has to be in Niles then I will go but I fell like im being forced to go. The whole vibe of the place its not good and the people who work there aren't so friendly. There's also the drive it's really had to find the place too. If it couldn't be in Rockfoed at least Crystal Lake. :nonono: :nonono:

-Ashley

Last edited:
Ha ha, I know the temptation to speed can be very overwhelming, especially when you want to get to a tournament on time.

And I hope that I'm at least a little bit nice. I dont think that crystal lake has a place as big as they did for the CC, but pastimes is at least always big enough, and they always have enough product for everyone who wins. If you come out for the next prerelease in two weeks, there wont be much going on in the store except for pokemon, so hopefully It will be a little nicer that way.

Well, since this is like 15 mins from my house, I should be attending it. As for speeding, well... ask anyone that rides with me and they'll tell you how fast I go- and I never get stopped. Almost 90000 miles of driving, and a clean record. It may be luck, but I just know what to look for, I know what the unmarked cars look like for the different state police, etc... so part of the battle is learning about the roads and the police that travel them. And no, I don't have a radar detector nor am I encouraging anything illegal... :thumb:

nice try

soslowpoke said:
I'm nearly an hour away, but I still help run it.

Don't worry WI/Rockford players, I wish it were in my backyard too :(

Sean, I do not intend for this to be a persoNal attack on you. This reply will mearly state the fact as to why EVERYONE in chicagoland HATES pastimes. Comments such as the one above are only part of the reason you should not be the PTO. These people are not complaining because it is so far, they are complaining because pastimes SUCKS!!! You as a player have proven yourself to me last week at Crystal lake. In more than one way. However, you have yet to prove yourself as a PTO or for that matter a TO. Niles CC was on Jan. 9th, 2005. Have you even submitted the results? My guess is no. With the mistakes that were made in putting me into the 10- group. I wouldnt either. Whitewater, Wis. was last week and their results have already hit my POP number. WHY HASN'T YOURS? For crying out loud, there was 16 people there!!! Giving prizes to the wrong players. Need I go on???

There was a time that Chicago needed you and pastimes to keep Pokemon alive. You time is now over. There are people, within a descent drive time of Chicago, holding well run and (yes, it can be done) FUN tournaments. Pastimes is no longer the venue that it once was. I would rather drive to Rockford, Crystal lake, or even COLLINSVILLE (4 hours) before I or my family attend another tournament that ....
1) you organize.
2) is held at pastimes.

I can attest that many others are following suit.

I sure hope that all the suits at Nintendo can hear our cry for help here. When you have people who will not attend their own states championship because of the organizer and the venue, this should be taken very seriously. They are extremely poor representatives of what you are trying to do with this game.

Please, Please, Please allow one of the other venues or TO's to hold our state tournament. here are some of the options as I see them....

Dave Coleman, While he did have some trouble last week, He did do whatever it took to uphold his end of the deal. He no longer holds tourneys at that location.

Rockford, As long as Yoshi has no involvement, it should run fine. There is a TO in that area (Camile) whom has done all the work for that area and yoshi is getting all the credit for it. Frankly, he is a drain on the entire day. He really makes you feel like you are in school again. No fun in that..

Collect a card and Comics, (Chicago), While this is a new venue on the map. Al is a great guy and is willing to do "whatever it takes" to get pokemon off the ground ion the southside of Chicago. He has 3 locations throughout Chicagoland and could easily hold the people that pastimes could.

Collinsville, while I dont know much about the venue. Anything could be better than Niles. Even a 4 hour drive.

Dave Schwimmer, I am not sure if you remember me, but we talked about this at the judges dinner before the South Stadium Challenge in Arlington Texas. This has really gotten out of control.

Jimmy

Last edited:
well i don't speed too badly, the worse one was 16 over, so at least i'm not flying

jimmy-collinsville is a nice place, especially with vince there to judge if needed, it would be run great..... figured i'd throw my 2 cents in

Jimmy: Very good points, all of them. However, there is one very tiny minor insignificant thing that I have to point out. Sean is not the PTO. Adam is not the PTO. The PTO is Alan, the owner/manager/person (what is he?) of Pastimes, and he probably is not willing to give up his work there, even though he has no idea how to use the software, even though he does absolutely no work as the PTO that I can see. Yes, I agree that Sean is not the best judge in the universe and wish to all ETERNITY that he'd let other people step in who are staying current with the rulings, but Sean and Adam are the only people that Alan trusts as Judges, and we really have no say in that.

For the record: Dave should be the PTO of the Chicago area, as he holds weekly tourneys with very few messups, with the person in Rockford being a close runnerup (NOT YOSHI, he should be it for SW Wisconsin).

Back