Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Illinois state championships report.

Fantine

Well in the weeks before the tournament I had mixed thought about what to play. I had thought about playing Crobat ex with Xatu and Haunter but they changed the Xatu so I was basically deckless and hopeless. Then a friend of mine named Blake told me about Azumarill with Crobat ex. He said he had way too much time on his hands and thought it was a good idea. I agreed and made my own version of it. I made a deck list for it and asked for some help from like 5 people but nobody helped me so I was on my own. Here is the deck
4 Dunsparce
3 Zubat
2 Golbat
2 Crobat ex
1 Crobat
2 Pidgey
1 Pidgeotto
2 Pidgeot
2 Marill
2 Azumarill

10 Grass energy
2 water energy
3 Double Rainbow Energy

4 Celio's Network
3 Rare Candy
3 Steven's Advice
3 Copycat
2 Strength Charm
2 Switch
2 High pressure system
4 Mr. brineys Compassion
1 Crystal Shard

Basically you get out Pidgeot quickly and get out your Crobat ex powered up as fast as you can. When anything with 120 hp or less comes up I just send out a marill, evolve it, then Mr. brineys Compassion to send back the Asumarill. I send out the Crobat ex and using strength charm along with his pokepower I can easily do 120 damage by 4th turn. It fast and powerful. Unfortunatly its weak to lightning. Anyway on with the tournament report.

I got there 1 hour before it opened so I just sat outside in the cold weather nearly freezing to death. Eventually I went in and talked to my fellow members of Team TIY. Then Jason(Ness) kept calling us team *** which was quite annoying. So I got to meet alot of new people. Then the tourney started.

Round 1 Nicolas P Sceptile(EX), Pidgeot
I basically made his deck so I wasnt to scared. We both had near perfect set ups but the Crobat is much more quicker and powerful than Sceptile ex. I was pure ownage.
1-0

Round 2 Jason C Dark Dragonite
I was extremely happy I but the strength charm in my deck. But it didnt help. I got set up real nice but he killed me with Dark electrode because everything in my deck is weak to it. We played for fun after that.
1-1

Round 3 Jessica L Amphy T-Tar Aka P.A.T.
I managed to start out with Dunsparce but I had no energy. I never even saw an energy until turn 6 so I pretty much got rolled over. Darn weakness.
1-2

I knew I probably had to win my next three to top 8.

Round 4 Justin H Dragonite
Crobat ex +Crystal shard took out his dragonite real quick. This one was over real quickly.

Round 5 some kid with some random psychic deck.
This kid was new so he had to read all of my cards and his. So basically this match took forever. I never lost a prize.

Round 6 Chase S Walrein, Macargo, Magneton, Milotic
I didnt want to play Chase. We both got pretty decent set ups but Crobat ex killed everything in one shot.

I made the Elimination on either 3rd or 6th place. I think 6th.

Elimination round 1 Chelsea B Ampharos and some other stuff.
Match 1 THis one was real close. Those darn Dark ampharos caused me some trouble with I won this match by 2 prizes.
Match 2 THis time I had to destroy the Dark Ampharos quickly and I did.

Elimination round 2
I conceded because I had to go home. It is a school night. Even though Im typing this kinda late anyway.

So anyway it was a greatly run tournament.

Props
-Vince youre a excellent head judge. Thanks for letting me randomly choose pieces of paper. It was an odd moment and yet very fun.
-Adam youre a excellent judge also and next time I gotta play you at neopets
-Crobat ex for kicking butt
-my little sister Natalie for getting 3rd in 10-
-Team TIY for showing up
-All the people I met
-Devin Dustin Camille for letting me borrow stuff and being the only people to help me with my deck
-Ryan(Biggenzz) for letting me borrow a crobat ex.

Slops
-Weather
-DARK AMPHAROS
-All the people who dont play rogue. It called originality.
-Weakness
thats all I can think of off hand.

Kevin Bennett

Im on my sisters account because I cant get my own account because you can only use each email for 1 account. I have no idea who won.

My parents wont let me so Im stuck on my sisters account. By the way an addition to the slops section. I had to play the tournament without cases because mine were illegal.

Umm. You forgot ME! How could you forget me in your props? I let you borrow my sleeves for your unsleeved deck. You are a total idiot for conceding. Mom would have let you stayed. Theres school tomorrow my butt. You hate school. Anyways I will be putting my tournment report up tomorrow.

-Ashley

You conceeded!? With a box and $300 travel allowance on the line!?!?!?!?!

Did you concede to Jason or Jeff V?

I don't know why I'm still up, I've gotten maybe 15 hours sleep the last 3 nights combined. Looking like I'll get 5-6 hours again tonight. If my memory serves me well, I'll try to type up a report tomorrow night.

I conceded to the dude I played in top four. It wasnt jason. I will be going to Manitowac and I dont have school the following day so I wont concede there.

Kevin

Must have been Jeff V then--I think he was wearing a red shirt, and he ended up winning for 11-14. I think he was playing a tweaked version of Rock-Lock.

Fantine said:
I conceded to the dude I played in top four. It wasnt jason. I will be going to Manitowac and I dont have school the following day so I wont concede there.

Kevin

I fixed up my deck and Im totally ready for Manitowac which I will most likely be attending. Im ready for the Ampharos now. By the way if anybody has an extra account on pokegym i would gladly put it to good use.

Well i could definetly hold my own against you Adam. And SD Pokemon I cant start my own account because each email can only be used once so im posting on my sisters account.

Kevin

Kevin's account is Mathorn but it can't be activated because of the email thing so I get stuck having him post on mine.

-Ashley

Nice to see the TIY team out there and in force... and you guys even made up t-shirts for your team. That's really cool... I plan on visiting for a league session in the beginning of April. Gotta face different people with your decks so you can really be sure if they're good or not. I will also make sure I bring some of my fake cards to give out to everyone, only a few people got them at Niles on Sunday.

Back