Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Illinois States

The "when" I don't know... a couple months, probably. Same time as the rest of the states.

The "where" I think I can provide a decent answer to. I'm guessing Illinois States will be held in Rockford again, possibly at the same venue (banquet hall) as last year. Then again, I've also heard rumblings that Jimmy Ballard will be taking over States this year. If he does, I frankly don't know where they'll be held. Probably in the Chicago area.

Wrong. None of this is official for SURE, but look up Pokemon event info at midwestpokemon.info. Jimmy's running it, so it will NOT be in Rockford. Camille isn't running a states this year and is instead helping out with WI States up in Madison.

Just by visiting Jimmy's website, I see that States will be at the Hodgkins Park District building on March 20 at 9am. Not sure if that's registration or start time.

Just by visiting Jimmy's website, I see that States will be at the Hodgkins Park District building on March 20 at 9am. Not sure if that's registration or start time.

Hmm... that's an odd choice of venue. Generally, the Park District buildings I've seen are suitable to hold a League or sometimes a Cities. Last year, Illinois States was tremendous, and I wouldn't expect any less this year. Hope we don't have to toss the extra players in a Mexican restaurant. :wink:

Looking over the park district website, looks like he'll be using the gymnasium at the PD building. According to Jimmy, it's something like 4 basketball courts side-by-side in a single room. Not sure you can really get much bigger than that. Hopefully, there's something like a stage on one side to put the computers to create even more space for the players. I might be able to scout the location a little bit more when I come back to Chicago for Camille's Pre, but it sounds like it'll be bigger than each of Camille's States in terms of floor space.

There will be enough space, and it will be run well. If Camille has decided to pass the torch to Jimmy, then so be it.

For what it is worth, I will be looking forward to it, and will be up there, not as a judge, but to play!!!

See you all there!

Vince

There will be enough space, and it will be run well. If Camille has decided to pass the torch to Jimmy, then so be it.

For what it is worth, I will be looking forward to it, and will be up there, not as a judge, but to play!!!

See you all there!

Vince

Well it wasn't actually my choice, but moving the location closer to Chicago seems to make sense (and Troy and I are gonna rock it up in WI). Jimmy says the venue could actually hold 400, and that it's easy access from main highways, which is important. He also told me yesterday that he's made arrangements with the Holiday Inn nearby for shuttle service to the venue, which will be nice.

Last edited:
Back