Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

I'm troubled..

Danny B

I need to know the answer to this question now. I asked in the Ask the masters and they didn't answer it, which would normally be okay but whatever this ruling is it will depend on my order of cards before Battle Roads. SO I was wondering if Budew (Diamond and Pearl) or Mawhile (CG) could pull out regular trainer cards as well as the old supporters, such as Celios Network, Stevens Advice, etc (stuff before DP). Normally, I would think the rule that trainers are trainers and supporters are supporters would over-rule this but some judge at Reginals told me that Budew could pull out any older supporter, but he didn't really say why.

I would like to know the answer, because that will bring me too my second question: Can Kabutops (MD) block peoples Celios, Stevens Advice, TV Reporter, etc, etc?

PS: If someone locks this, just PM me if you can

Mawhile CG can pull out Trainers, Supporters, or Stadiums, pre-DP or DP-on. Why? Because, pre-DP, Trainers, Supporters, and Stadiums were grouped together in one group - Trainers. Because Mawhile is from Crystal Guardians, which is Pre-DP, it doesn't "know" about the change. It thinks that we still have just Trainers, not Trainers, Supporters, or Stadiums.

However, Budew DP can't search for Supporters or Stadiums. It is DP-on, so it does "know" about the change - in fact, it never knew that Supporters and Stadiums were once grouped in the same class as Trainers. Same with Kabutops MD. It can't block Ceilio's, Castaway, etc., because it's DP-on. It can only block Trainers.

No. Kabutops is post-DP, thus he blocks true trainers, AKA things like energy search and Night Pokemon Center.
The people at ask the masters cannot answer a question about a set before it is officially released, and since we still have prereleases coming up....

Back