Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

I'm worse than Zach.

Bobby

Ugh, so I'm playing Flygon, cuz I love it. I'll probably go into more detail, but it's hard to write while doing math homework AND talking to Zach :D

OK, here's the more detail ;/ We got there at like 2:30 saturday morning, and went to get blankets, and they told Jim to come back in a couple of hours -_- so we were freezing until it warmed up. I 3-0'd Ryan even though he hit a load of Tail Whips on me to keep me from doing anything. What a donkeyyy! Jim and Aaron made Lunasol <3 </3 but oh well. I actually crash early.

Saturday morning, we get there and play a few games, I decide on Flygon, but with tech sceptile ex because I'm expecting to play against Absolutions and stuff. Turns out that wasn't the case, but I'm SOOOO glad I put the thing in. Kyle is my hero, srsly.

Round 1 vs. Forgot your name (Everypokemonthatburns/Full Flame)
Umm, I almost lost, I got castform with like 3 basics and no energy. I dead drew into energy and came back, but I hit like 3 burn tails and forgot I couldn't evolve out of the burn with Full Flame down. I hit two heads to save the Flygon I finally got out and won. GG
1-0

Round 2 vs. Forgot your name (Fearow/Ttar ex d/Gardy ex d/Stuff)
I have no idea. I won.
2-0

LUNCH BREAK
We actually went to Bojangles, and it didn't suck. It was actually really good. The menu scared Aaron though. Oh well.

Round 3 vs. Forgot your name (One basic)
I don't remember what, but I remember he had one basic. I killed it turn 2. Sorry :(
3-0

Round 4 vs. Dan R (Shiftry/Houndoom)
Hmm, he gets standard lickitung start, I have a castform, Mew d, and Mew *. I start with Castform and DD for two. I mentor next turn and decide to send up Mew d and copy Delta Mind on his own lickitung. He doesn't get a fast houndoom and I get out Sceptile ex and make his shiftry take a while to attack near the end. I used Mew* to copy Dirge and set up KOs, and eventually win. GG
4-0

Round 5 vs. Ryan S (Kittygon)
I can't believe he played this deck. I get a BAD t3 delta draw start and I'm pretty much just using whatever I have in this game. He gets a Delcatty and builds up a nice hand, and uses one flygon to kill me. I draw into the Treecko and candy into Sceptile so he's shut down, I hit a nice scientist too and get multiple Flygon out. I win this game with an OHKO on his last Flygon ex with Crystal Shard. GG
5-0

Round 6 vs. Caitlin B (Flygon/Jolteon/Nidoqueen)
I'm terrible at this game. I layed down like 3 basics in hopes of drawing the stage 1, and I can't get them, so she takes 4 prizes off one psychic pulse. I could have won this game but I didn't get anything I needed off of my enormous scientist. Oh well, she was like, ECSTATIC about beating me, so at least I made someone's day :D Plus, no undefeated curse. Pffft. GG
5-1

Top 8 vs. UGH Forgot your name (Dendrocatty)
This deck is craaaaazzy.
Game 1: My hand is as follows, in this order: Flygon, Rare Candy, Flygon, Rare Candy, Flygon, Rare Candy, Mew*. As you can see, my hand SUCKED. His was just as bad, getting Electabuzz and basically nothing. He ended up drawing a LOAD of prizes off of a Sableye with a dark energy and then finally a delcatty ex. I scientist for 12 and burn all those candies from earlier, setting up a Sceppy ex so he can't constrain, and that gives Delcatty problems. I take my last 2 prizes with Flygon ex + Strength Charm on his Delcatty ex :D GG
Game 2: I get a slightly better start, and his is a little better too. This is a MUCH better game and I'm not as fast at getting sceptile, and he actually manages an OHKO on my Flygon ex with Upstream. I attacked with the sceppy for most of this game once I got it out, alternating with Flygon ex as he played Cyclone/Warp Point. I win this game with the strength charm again. GGs
6-1

Top 4 vs. UGH FORGOT YOUR NAME (Flariados/Heracross d/Luvdisc CG)
Game 1: Umm, he takes a few prizes early, but I bring it back by using Mew* to Spider Trap the Flareon ex he was attacking with (his start was MEH) and then kill it. He Spider Trapped my Sceptile, but I had an energy already and I hit the sleep check. I win this game quickly after that.
Game 2: I start with lone Mew* against his spinarak, and I'm going first. I copy Stun Poison and hit it. He has no basics, so Pierce+Poison KOs him. GGs
7-1

Top 2 vs. Dan R (Shiftry/Houndoom)
REMATCH!
Game 1: I start with Holon's Voltorb, my ONE lightning energy, and roll a six. I lost, but hey, that's INTENSE.
Game 2: MUCH MUCH MUCH better start, he says he'll be suprised if I don't win but I'm like Pshhh. I still didn't have a GREAT setup because Rare Candy loves to be in my hand without other stuff. I give him a hard time deciding whether to snipe Eggs Jr or Treecko. He has 50 on a sceppy eventually, and I can never get the eggs because I prized Briney and couldn't get castform off my bench, or play Charm cuz of houndoom, so I couldn't OHKO. it was a rough game. I needed to copy Tight Jaw and get heads to win. If I had done that, I could have then used Blade Arms and won next turn, but I missed the flip. Oh well, GGs.
7-2

Second place is fine with me! At least I lost to someone that isn't SO BAD at this game ;D

PROPS:
-Tourney staff, well run as always, and the "situation" with the little kid was handled very well. :)
-Kyle Sablehaus - my sexy beast, his idea to tech sceptile saved me sooo many times. ILU <3 :D
-Matt, Mike, Tati, Dan, Curran, Ryan, TJ, Aaron, Twitchy, Jim and everyone else I'm sure I forgot. This weekend was so much fun, UGH!
-Keith's amazing music.
-SUNS AND MOONS. Jim is amazing at pokemon.
-Craig's game against Kyle. That was really cool of you :thumb:
-Dan not freaking out about a bunch of misplays I made in finals. You're my hero.
-The gas station/fence. Omar, we hopped it for you <3
-Aaron and his awesome deck naming.
-Mr. and Mrs. Miller, you guys are seriously some of the coolest people I know. Thanks for the pretzels :D :D :D
-Mew*, because he did more work than flygon did.
-Bring It On playing in the lobby!!!
-Tati covering Dan in cola. I wasn't even THERE and it was funny.
-Being soooo good at pokemon.

SLOPS:
-Who rare candies into houndoom?!
-Having to cut a round from masters, I wanted SUNS AND MOONS in top cut :(
-Elissa not going :frown:
-Kyle missing cut on opponent's opponent's win percentage.
-Tati going 3-3... RAIEGGS!
-Tati's quote, which I won't say on the gym, but I mean, UGH! Oh well, ilustill.
-Tati AGAIN, way to cover me in Sprite. Real mature.
-Flaria-cross-disc donking Ryan out of top 4 :(
-Holon's Voltorb. Yeah...
-Everyone else missing cut.
-Being horrible at this game.

Umm, this tourney was awesome, that's about it. We went to Walmart on Sunday morning and got our copies of D/P and played the whole 12 hours home. YAY! Purugly is the most hideous thing pokemon has EVER seen.

Battle Roads ftw?!

Thx for the props on the music. I thought you guys needed a bit of fun music to wind down with at the end of a long tough tourney. Glad you all made it home safe.

As for the Masters, a round was never cut, it was just posted wrong initially. We knew how many Masters would be there, but due to lates, the computer only counted those in the 1sr rd to set rd numbers and top cut.

See ya at Nats!

Keith

in finals sceptile ex was out buddy ;P rofl. i cant believe the judge missed that. i coulda gotcha =]

gj bobby. being covered in cola wasnt to funny XP o well.

"Raieggs!"

gjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj ur amazing!!1!111!!! and when i actually go to a tournament we're gonna be just as insane as u guys were.

gj this weekend.
thanks for props.
just wait on that other thing. we are not yet done. they have not yet seen the power of the cozmos. not disocvery.

gj bobby!
you did great even though you lost in the finals
shiftry is dumb anyways, hahaha
that's why i didnt make topcut
well u did great anyways!
cya at battle roads!

Back