Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Increase retreat cost

SmeargleMe

Are there any Pokemon that increase your opponent's retreat cost via a Pokebody?

I thought I remember seeing one but can't find it again. It was a Pokebody (however it may have been the first attack) that increased your opponent's retreat cost by 2 energies. A full card text search on Bebe's for retreat didn't find anything.

Thanks

Shiny Relicanth is also an option over Wobbuffet if you want to do damage while giving it 2 more retreat.

Except that it requires 2 energy attachments (with which Wobbuffet would be doing more damage anyways), gets shut off by Unown G, cannot use Moonlight Stadium, and with 10 less HP is easier to snipe.

Except that it requires 2 energy attachments (with which Wobbuffet would be doing more damage anyways), gets shut off by Unown G, cannot use Moonlight Stadium, and with 10 less HP is easier to snipe.

but you still could, all that stuff is beside the point that you still could use it for the same thing plus damage. :tongue: :lol: haha just givin you a hard time bro

but you still could, all that stuff is beside the point that you still could use it for the same thing plus damage. :tongue: :lol: haha just givin you a hard time bro

lol, but what I'm saying is that Wobbuffet could be doing MORE, if not the same damage (depending on the flip) for the same energy and still provide the effect with less drawback.

You're all correct but, the question really becomes: what deck are you running?

Fighting could lock with a simple stark mountain move.
SP could Galactic switch over to Relicanth.

However, if you're trying to retreat lock, you're probably running a psychic or dark deck and trying to abuse special conditions in one way or another. So, yeah.. wobeffet. However, look at Wobbeffet's retreat cost!

lol, but what I'm saying is that Wobbuffet could be doing MORE, if not the same damage (depending on the flip) for the same energy and still provide the effect with less drawback.

true that, i'd personally use the wobbufet also. it does seem to outclass the relicanth and the type is big right now with gardy still lurkin around.

Maybe you'd like the dugtrio that puts 20damage on your opponents retreating pokemon, and it's stackable. Meaning if you got 3 dugtrio out when your opponent decides to switch they recieve 60dmg. 4 = 80
It has free retreat and even great attacks.

Thanks guys.

Wobbuffet was what I was thinking of. And it isn't in Bebe's or Researching Tower which is probably why I couldn't find it.

I was thinking of putting together a shiftry deck with dugtrio (similar to the deck Frunket posted) and now Wobbuffet. Given the Gengar (without Moonlight) and Luxchomp decks out there Wobbuffet is a must. Can't wait for Vileplume to come out to block warp points, switches and poketurns.

Back