Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Infernape+Blissey?

Zacharyfoo

I've been reading about the forums about a Infernape+blissey(DP2) deck i was wondering wat
trainer engine was in the deck?I also came up with an deck idea(rough draft)Not sure if this goes into
here or deck+strategies cos its incomplete
DREs are for a T1 90 from infernape with the right setup

4xChimchar
3xMonferno
2xInfernape
2xInfernape LVL X
3xChansey
3xBlissey

NRGx18
12xFire
4xDRE
2xBoost

Trainers
4xCelios
4xRare Candies
2xHolon mentor

Pls feel free to share and discuss deck ideas here(will post a full decklist after reading ur discussions)

Looking at Infernape/Infernape LVX and Blissey, I honestly don't see the combo and the synergy. What's the idea here?

Celio's and mentor are not trainers.

You use Infernape's attack to do 90, then Blissey to do more damage.

Sorry, but that's a terribly slow combo. It doesn't even make sense, as Blissey can only add one Energy each time it attacks, and can only pick up Basic Energies.

Infernape is good because it can do 80/90 for 1 Double Rainbow Energy or 1 Scramble Energy. Blissey is a completely different deck, Blissey is good because it can attack really fast if you discard one Energy every turn with a Supporter card.

Building up a Stage 2 Pokémon with 2 Basic Energies, discarding them, then retreating to a Stage 1 Pokémon seems like a slow Energy. Sorry if it sounds like I'm bashing your deck idea Zacharyfoo, I just really don't get how Infernape/Blissey has been a much talked about deck idea here.

Kinda juz got back into the game srry, was surfing through some threads abt japan decks and this seemed to pop up lol....

I actually get it but it is slow. What you do is get a lot of energy and then lay dow a blissey and do infernapes attack for 150

infernape to discard energies im guessing- blissey to get them back in play with its first attack? mewtwo them to whatever (use a casty perhaps?)
Even if they hit blissey in that time- what does it matter? the next blissey u evolve can heal that one! Oh and blissey is sooooooooo hard to ko. Without a tool, only lugia or a fighting pokemon can ohko it.

Deck sounds good fun!

Back