Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

[insert witty deck name here] (Crobat Prime/Shuppet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzkrieg916

Hey Folks!

Here's my latest deck idea. It's still a work in progress.

Crobat Prime/ Shuppet

Pokemon
2 x Crobat Prime
2 x Golbat ul-30
2 x Zubat ul-70
2 x Crobat G pl-47
2 x Muk ud-31
2 x Grimer ud-50
3 x Shuppet pl-92
2 x Spiritomb ar-32
1 x Dodrio ud-11
1 x Doduo ud-45

Trainer/Supporter/Stadium
3 x PlusPower
2 x Expert Belt
2 x Pokemon Collector
2 x Bebe's Search
2 x Interviewer's Questions
2 x Cyrus's Conspiracy
1 x Professor Elm's Training Method
1 x Fisherman
1 x Broken Time-Space
1 x Luxury Ball
2 x Pokemon Communication
4 x Rare Candy
4 x Poke Turn

Energy
10 x Psychic Energy - Basic
1 x Call Energy - Special
1 x Double Colorless Energy - Special

Strategy:

Poison! Lots of Poison!
Basically use Crobat Prime and Crobat G for Severe Poison and Toxic Fang to weaken the opponent. Muk is also there for poisoning and confusing which should make the opponent hesitate to attack. The status conditions also help Muk hit pretty hard with Pester. Shuppet is in there as back-up. Once the pokemon is weak enough just send in Shuppet to finish it off and retreat back to my hand. Expert Belt and Plus-powers are to give Shuppet a boost if necessary.
Dodrio is to help with retreat costs (it would lower them all to 0 retreat cost, except for Muk who will have 1, which is still pretty good). Low retreat cost is good so I can swap out for whichever Pokemon I need at the moment (poison with crobats, attack with shuppet/muk, etc.)
Poke-turn is also there to help with Crobat G's poke-power.
Spiritomb is there to help with evolving. And with Dodrio on the bench, I can retreat him to allow the use of Plus-Powers.

That's basically it. Weaken the foe as much as possible using Poison, finish them off with anybody else.

Now, I know I need to add in a Dugtrio (pl-24/ Sink Hole) in there. That way it'll make the opponent think twice about retreating to cure the poison/ confusion. I'm thinking a 1-1 Dugtrio line should be enough. Any ideas which cards I should take out to add that in? Or if I should increase the 1-1 Dugtrio to something a little higher (and again which cards to take out)?

I should probably also throw in a Bench Shield or 2 for Dodrio and Dugtrio.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Well I've been doing pretty good on setting up using the same T/S/S in this deck in my current GengNoir deck, so for now I think I'll keep those as is. But I do appreciate th advice.

One thing I realized, This deck won't do much up against a Steelix Prime. I mean I can still hit with some decent damage, but my whole poison idea goes down the drain. Any ideas?

I know Dialga G Lv.X is an option, but I think that would do more harm than good.

---------- Post added 10/05/2010 at 07:26 PM ----------

Bump!

Could really use little feedback. Please? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back