Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Instant Win Deck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommynguyen

As I was looking through my pop series 2 collection, i noticed something very interesting.... But for suspense purposes I wont explain the deck until later down in the page :tongue: NO scrolling down, or that would be considered cheating :lol:

Well I thought, of this deck, and i wanted to see how you guys think of this deck, and deck ideas for this is widely appreciatted :thumb:

Pokemons: 18
4x Absol (LM)
2x Zubat (DX)
2x Golbat (DS)
2x Crobat EX (DX)
2x Pidgey (HP)
1x Pidgeotto (HP)
2x Pidgeot (Pop 2)
3x Celebi EX (Pop 2)

Trainers: 29
4x holon transceiver
3x holon mentor
1x holon adventurer
1x holon lass
2x steven's advice
3x pokemon reversal
3x switch
3x rare candy
2x prof. elm's training method
3x multi technical machine 01
1x scott
1x holon legacy
2x crystal beach

Energies:
9x grass energies
4x multi energies

Strats in this deck: Get your set up ASAP, celebi ex isnt that important in the beginning of the game, but its real helpful later to grap with holon mentor. After you get set up, you can say GG. :eek: How you may ask? Well the main card of this deck is the multi technical machine 01. With this card, after you get set up, you can use crobat ex's distortion to put a counter on your opponents bench pokemon and paralyze them with multi technical machine 01. You are able to constantly do this with the help of pidgeot and celebi ex. After you attack you can put down celebi ex to get back your technical machine and when you need to, you can pull celebi ex back to your hand. Also you can attack with pidgeot making the deck even faster, and stronger!! Both crobat ex and pidgeot have free retreat costs, making the deck more versatile since you can use either pokemon to attack.

Now, my introduction to the fellow pokemons in the deck :clap:

Absol (LM)

http://pokegym.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=2966&c=62

This card is a really good starting pokemon for this deck. High HP (70) and.... it has.... resistance against banette ex!! But thats not all its used for.
1. High HP
2. Resistance against one of the best deck in the metagame
3. Great Poke-Body advantage, since not much basic pokemon are in this deck.
4. FEINT ATTACK!! This card give the deck an advantage by striking the bench and later have crobat ex out finishing them off while paralyzing the EVOLVED defending pokemon.

Pidgeot (Pop 2)

http://pokegym.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=914&c=36

This card is the card that will support you later in the game. Without much explanation, you probably know why this card perfectly goes into this deck. With its beating wings, you can return celebi ex back to your hand, and continueously abues poor celebi ex's pokepower.

Celebi ex (Pop 2)

http://pokegym.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=601&c=36

This card backs you when you need help. With its Time Reversal, it can pick any card you wish from your discard pile and use it. Such as...,. Multi Technical Machine 01!!

Multi Technical Machine 01

http://pokegym.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=921&c=36

The very combo of this deck. With this card your almost unstopple, only if there werent any swiches or warp points... But who runs 4 switch and 4 warp points, right? :lol: You can paralyze your opponents active EVOLVED pokemon while hitting your opponents bench and picking up your prizes.

Crobat EX

http://pokegym.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=284&c=13

The main attacker of this deck, the card that demolishes your opponents pokemon. Crobat ex is one great card in this deck. Why? With free its free retreat cost, you can use crobats distortion multiple times during your turn and end it up with a multi technical machine. With those two cards, you got this game locked in before you know it.

Now, for some verrry interesting facts... What urged me to reveal the secret of my deck is that i found something very utterly strange that i can not keep to myself.
1. All 3 of the cards in this deck are in pop 2. Someone must have realized this combo while looking through the POP 2 set

2. Zubat DX...... why does it poke-body prevents it from getting paralyzed? Maybe this is clue from pokemon for us to find this deck idea?

http://pokegym.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=271&c=13

3. Everything is just like puzzle, all linking together to make this really awesome deck.

4. Golbat... This card is able to attack is able to hit 10 damage to any 2 bench pokemon you wish. Strange isnt it?

http://pokegym.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=1511&c=51

Now if you guys can help me with the matchups, and also a very cool name :lol: Also, how to put the actual card picture instead of its url. I would really appreciate it.

Last edited:
First of all, starting with a Celebi would not really be that great, cause it is an ex with a really bad attack,

Second , Pidgeot shuffles it into your deck, not get it into your hand, so after you do that, u'll have to find a way to draw for it afterwards.

Third, Cessation Crystal/Medicham Ex/Feraligatr Ex/anything that stops poke-power would completely stop what your trying to do

"But nice, u can practically never deck out with Pidgeot's poke-power"

Remove some switches if u want, i mean the Pidgeot and Crobat Ex has free retreat, why the need for 3 switches

(hehe, Tommy u'll never be able to use Crobat Ex correctly, i will pwn u at States if ur using this deck:thumb: haha):biggrin:
(its ur Crobat Vs. my Crobat, this will be good)

Last edited:
Dont forget, ur opponent can evolve and that means - BB to paralyzed!

U gotta know that ur not laying out much damage a turn (paralyzing ends ur turn!), ur opponent will set up something and comeup, kill u. pkm reversals eh? aint gonna help u everytime.

and also.... c.crystal....

Pokemons: 18
4x Absol (LM)
Analysis: I LOVE Absol. I used to use it in MewTrick. It's completely a set-up guy, and so 3-4 is necessary to start out right. As darkHYPNO correctly pointed out, this messes with Castform. It also ruins Shuppet Ascension, every Mew attack, and more. Resistance to Psychic is great in this format, and Fighting type isn't as prevalent anymore (but Machamp will make a comeback). Its first attack gets your Celebi or Crobat EX to your hand. I think the second attack is not ideal for the opener, especially with the Dark Energy necessary (and we can't count on Multi energy showing up, and you're not running Holon's Electrode, which I think you should).
2x Zubat (DX)
Analysis: I see you run the Zubat DX. Every Energy you run is necessarily Grass, so having Colorless capability is not an advantage. I know you like the enigma of the Poke-Body, but Poke-Bodies can be shut down by Cessation Crystals, and Paralyzing Zubat is not a big deal, for you will evolve. Go with the DS. Now, Crobat EX is a nice little attacker, but you won't get there consistently if you run 2 Zubat. Go 4.
2x Golbat (DS)
Analysis: I like the DS, and 2 is sufficient. I also like the DX, however, for it has that lovely Poke-Body which enchants you, and also has zero retreat, which fits your idea better. Either is cool.
2x Crobat EX (DX)
Analysis: I love your idea of multiple Distortion PP! However, you will need to run 3 to be consistently set up. 4-2-3 evolutionary line is just about "standard" to get this smoothness. Of course, Medicham and Feraligatr will NOT stop Crobat EX! Cessation Crystal can be countered with Windstorm, which you can tech. Cross Attack is a nice, inexpensive attack.
2x Pidgey (HP)
1x Pidgeotto (HP)
2x Pidgeot (Pop 2)
Analysis: Good idea. Of course, you have to watch out for Battle Frontier, which is common. Slaking, Medicham, Cessation also mess with your PP. The main problem with Pidgeot is once you get it Active, it will be vulnerable (assuming you retreated a Crobat EX for it). So, although a good idea, you will have an uphill battle with the card. Therefore, you should probably run multiple Briney and SSU.
3x Celebi EX (Pop 2)
Analysis: The idea of "infinite" anything is surreal. Celebi doesn't get the card back into your hand, but to the top of your deck, of course. So, you can either Draw for the card (Aipom?), or wait until your next turn. Celebi's attack is actually quite nice, and exactly like Latios EX d. Should Celebi have to fight, however, 80 HP and Psychic weakness isn't going to be your ideal matchup.

My lineup is:
3 Absol
4 Zubat
2 Golbat
3 Crobat EX
2 Pidgey
1 Pidgeotto
2 Pidgeot
2 Celebi

19 POKEMON

Trainers: 29
4x holon transceiver
3x holon mentor
1x holon adventurer
1x holon lass
2x steven's advice
3x pokemon reversal
3x switch
3x rare candy
2x prof. elm's training method
3x multi technical machine 01
1x scott
1x holon legacy
2x crystal beach
Analysis: I'm sorry, but I will have to tinker with your entire setup here.
3 Lanette's
You run 4 different types. Unless you want 2 Celebi's at one time, I don't see the purpose of Mentor, unless you WANT to discard a card for Celebi.
3 Great Ball
This shores up the Lanette, so you can get a Zubat or Pidgey whenever you like.
3 PETM
2 is not enough.
2 Steven's
2 Copycat
You need more draw, and this is good in today's Metagame.
2 Crystal Beach
1 Holon Legacy
2 Scott
Just to make sure.
4 Castaway (will get Multi 01, and energy)
4 Multi 01 (max out)
4 Rare Candy (you run 2 Stage 2 lines)

I have left out Switch since your Pidgeot is supposed to do the work for you, and most of your company is No Retreat. I have left out Lass since Castaway will get everything but Multi which is not critical for you since Celebi is not your desired starter and Absol will be done in 2 turns tops. I left out Reversal since it really doesn't matter who you Paralyze. Certainly if you come upon Zangoose, or something similar, you will have a problem, but...

Another issue is Grass-resistant Pokemon. Steelix, Scizor, Metagross, Dragonite will give Crobat trouble.

Energies:
9x grass energies
4x multi energies

You do realize that you can only retreat once per turn, right?
In other words, you can only use one Crobat ex power per turn, because you need to:
draw MTM01
crobat pwr
retreat
pidge pwr
nidoqueen or some other perpetual search because celebi will be in the deck
lay down celebi, MTM01 goes to top of deck
attack with pidge, MTM01.
next turn
draw MTM01
pidge pwr
retreat
cro pwr
invite the celebi ex
lay down celebi, MTM01 goes to top of deck
attack with cro ex, MTM01.

You need your opponent to not play Cursed Stone or Battle Frontier or Holon Legacy, so you must be able to alway outgym them, and you need 3 Stage 2 evolution lines (not hard since one is Nidoqueen). You also auto lose to Arcanine ex rofl. And Switch gives you some major problems, since you need to rebuild a Stage 2 eery time your opponent Switch/Brineys. It'll be hard to pull off without forfeiting 6 prizes in the process. You should also play fossils for versatility. Because some decks can get out of paralysis, but can't do bench damage, so instead of Crobat-then-MTM01'ing, you hit and hide behind a Fossil with Ditto<Squirtle> or something. I've given the deck a lot of thought but I haven't tested enough to know if it could ever be consistant and foolproof enough to win a tournament. My guess is no.
yeah, well i have a...way better more consistent version...Remember the "Bird Trap"
http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25594
Albeit no-longer-modified =/

Last edited:
I see one of these decks pop up somewhere every few weeks. The concept is amazing, but the reality is that you don't get a consistant setup, you don't always maintain the lock, and that one good switcher from your opponent will probably swing the game. Interesting twist with Crobat ex, most versions that I've encountered are run differently.

Sorry, this won't work, you need to have a Celebi every turn, you shuffle it in w/ Pidgeot, Eventually you'll run out of Mentors because every turn you're garunteed to draw TM01, so once you run out of Mentors, you lose.

Simply put: Play Nidoqueen d to search it out every turn.

Dont forget, ur opponent can evolve and that means - BB to paralyzed!

U gotta know that ur not laying out much damage a turn (paralyzing ends ur turn!), ur opponent will set up something and comeup, kill u. pkm reversals eh? aint gonna help u everytime.

and also.... c.crystal....

thats why you reversal there bench pokemon thats EVOLVED which is mentioned a couple of times during my thread. After that all you need to do add a counter, and paralyze. Switches are in there to increase the damage that is added on your opponents pokemon. Celebi ex is not necessary to put down every turn since you have four multi technical machine, so the set up doesnt need to be that fast.

It'll take you 10 turns to ko a stage 2 evolved poke....and since swarming with this is next-to impossible, if they play briney, wobbefuett lm, switch, warp point, warp energy, pleplier d, or any other switch, you pretty much lose. I don't see the speed factor. If the opponet outspeeds you, you have no chance. something like mewtric autowins against this...doom as well. And people won't evo into stage 2s if they see something like this in a previous round until they can 1 shot you're bat. And if you miss out on any of you're combo in a single turn, you won't win...Just like to point out flaws. :p I would suggest using spinda over absol.

How Cacturne d and Pelipper d, with Jolteon ex as a way to put 10 on everything.

both Cacnea (CG) and Eevee (DS) have call for family.

I suppose a huge bench would be troublesome though, but you can giant stump jolteon away once you've used it.

edit: then you could even add in espeon exes or umbreon exes to use for devolution and no-flip reversals!

thats why you reversal there bench pokemon thats EVOLVED which is mentioned a couple of times during my thread. After that all you need to do add a counter, and paralyze. Switches are in there to increase the damage that is added on your opponents pokemon. Celebi ex is not necessary to put down every turn since you have four multi technical machine, so the set up doesnt need to be that fast.
You still need to consistantly be able to search for Celebi because
a) MTM01 will be your draw every turn, so you won't draw into Celebi or into Mentor. and
b) You only have 4 MTM01's. Even if they're somehow all in your hand, you'll run out after four turns, doing a total of 40 damage in the meantime. And if you're not going to paralyze every turn, thn why even bother with the deck in the first place? =/

Sorry, the only auto-win deck was Whiscash, which is why POP had to rotate it out. However, the DX version continues to dominate.

Your deck is kinda fun, but it just isn't going to do what you want it to.

Sorry, the only auto-win deck was Whiscash, which is why POP had to rotate it out. However, the DX version continues to dominate.

Your deck is kinda fun, but it just isn't going to do what you want it to.

Can u show me wats in this deck? An autowin deck, seems pretty awesome:biggrin:

Can u show me wats in this deck? An autowin deck, seems pretty awesome:biggrin:

it Was a deck created by ryan virgil from FL...it's so crazy i dont know how or why, but it really works it really is a 1337 deck

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back