Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Iron Chef-Age of Kabuto (Discussion/Speculation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrus

Iron Chef - Master Emeritus
Hi, guys. This post is meant mainly for just discussion about the contest, who's who, and what kinds of challenges do you expect. Here is the bracket location of the 64 competitors:::

http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=121028&tclass=

So, as long as you guys stay on-topic to the contest, and don't spam, then feel free to converse here =)

Last edited:
So if I use that card and combo it with this, I've invented the brand new archetype that should take Worlds '06.....

Oh, we haven't received the ingredient yet? Oops, lol.

Pre-Match analysis:::

Feature Match #1:

Dendrobatida VS Spyrevenge

Dendrobatida's past contest history (13-5)

Iron Chef One (2-1):

Beats Jasonthepwnda
Beats Pooka
Loses to Blizzard

As we can see from this tournament, Dendro can hand even his fellow top tier deckbuilders their own posteriors. He was a little bit away from earning the first iron chef title...oh well.

Iron Chef Two (3-0)

Beats Professor Sharkie
Beats HypnosProjectHQ
Beats Jasonthepwnda

With a lack of the Bliz factor this time, Dendro is the favorite going into this contest, and I don't see why not. He runs through his first two opponents, and then teaches his rival from the previous tourney a lesson in mechanics during the finals.

Iron Chef Three (3-1):

Beats Xine
Beats Penguinmaster
Beats Arthas Zero
Loses to Venusaur

Once again, JB makes mince-meat...up until the finals, where he takes on the winner between the two competitors that would soon join to become TO a couple months after this contest. Second place isn't bad :D

Iron Chef, ToC (1-2):

Loses to Patriarch
Beats Pooka
Loses to Blizzard

Here's where the mighty Dendro falls: during the ToC itself. During this time, Primetool was an underground deck, so I had the immediate advantage when HE announced this challenge. Pooka was no-show, and once again, Bliz edges out Dendro ever-so-slightly.

Iron Chef 4: Age of Yamato (4-1):

Beats Bex
Beats Lugia ex
Beats Peachyoto
Beats BigPoppaBeatdown
Loses to Pooka

This is basically a repeat of Iron Chefs 1 and 3. Dendrobatida virtually annihilates his opponents until the finals, where he loses on a close draw. Despite not winning, he still earned an invite to the tournament of champions, and performed amazingly with such a tough challenge during round 2 (arguably the hardest round in the history of Iron Chef). This tournament fully establishes Dendro's name in the contest, and why he was the overall #1 seed of the 64 competitors.

Spyrevenge's Past Contest History

None

Spyrevenge's strength in the contest is an unknown variable. However, because the known variable, Dendrobatida, is a strong number, odds are on Batida's side.

Predicted Winner: Dendrobatida

Note: This analysis is in no way influencing the judges decisions when we see the decks. We vote based on quality, not name recognition. However, I AM doing this just for light fun. There will be three more feature matches for Round 1 that I'll write on.

DukeFireBird said:
question, is this a 1 on 1, or is all 8 going against one another? :confused:

One on one, DFB. You compete against the person you're paired up with. That's why there are seeds:
1 vs 8
2 vs 7
3 vs 6
4 vs 5

Just like after the cutoff and entering into the T8 part of a tournament in the Pokemon TCG.

Okay, here's who makes the Top 8:

Lab Division: Dendrobatida
Penguin Division: Choke Artist
Lightning Division: Magnechu
Heat Division: Criminal
Vertical Division: Venusaur (vertical check, wtg jermy =D)
Freak Division: SuperWooper (tks, Johnny ;/)
Emo Division: SlimeyGrimey
Taco Division: Mudkip (rofl =/)

Top 8 -> Top 4:
Dendro vs Choke -
Dendro wins

Magnechu vs Criminal -
Magnechu wins

Mudkip versus SlimeyGrimey -
Mudkip wins

SuperWooper versus Venusaur -
Venusaur wins

Top 4 -> Top 2:
Dendro vs Magnechu -
Magnechu wins

Mudkip vs Venusaur -
Venusaur wins

Top 2 -> Champion:
Magnechu vs Venusaur
Magnechu wins

Quick Q: How were seeds decided and how was it decided who got into what bracket? I'm not complaining about my seeding at all (I'm thankful I'm not a 7 or 8 seed, which I was expecting as I didn't do well in Yamato). Just curious on how this was determined.

SuperWooper said:
Just like after the cutoff and entering into the T8 part of a tournament in the Pokemon TCG.

Top 8 -> Top 4:
Dendro vs Choke -
Dendro wins

Magnechu vs Criminal -
Magnechu wins

Mudkip wins

Venusaur wins

Top 4 -> Top 2:
Dendro vs Magnechu -
Magnechu wins

Mudkip vs Venusaur -
Venusaur wins

Top 2 -> Champion:
Magnechu vs Venusaur
Magnechu wins

This was a quick contest. I didnt even notice it started and its all over. I guess I must have slept few weeks. :lol:

SuperWooper said:
One on one, DFB. You compete against the person you're paired up with. That's why there are seeds:
1 vs 8
2 vs 7
3 vs 6
4 vs 5

Top 8 -> Top 4:
Dendro vs Choke -
Dendro wins

Magnechu vs Criminal -
Magnechu wins

Mudkip wins

Venusaur wins

Top 4 -> Top 2:
Dendro vs Magnechu -
Magnechu wins

Mudkip vs Venusaur -
Venusaur wins

Top 2 -> Champion:
Magnechu vs Venusaur
Magnechu wins

Want to take bets?

SuperWooper said:
It was random.

Not completely. Seeds 5-8 were random. However, seeds 1-4 were decided based on previous performances inIron Chef, and the art of deckbuilding in general =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back