Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Iron Chef Platinum Assistant Judges Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLiZzArD

I am gearing up to do the Next Iron Chef it will be called Platinum I was going to write up my own questionnaire but I read though Cyrus's and Really liked what he came up with so I decided to use it myself I will need at least 2 maybe 3 judge's besides myself to do this so I'm asking for your help please send me your applications by PM they are due by Midnight March 10th 2009.(extended till monday March 16th)

-Keep your interview PM's concise! You can give me all of the information that I want without writing a novel.

INTERVIEW QUESTIONS

-The Basics-

#1: What is your real name?

#2: What area of the world are you from?

-On Pokemon Expertise-

#3: What is one of your greatest accomplishments in Pokemon TCG?

#4: When at Pokemon TCG events, are you most often a player, a judge, an organizer, or none of the aforementioned?

#5: How long have you been playing the Pokemon TCG?

-On Iron Chef Experience-

#6: How many Pokemon Iron Chef competitions have you observed? How many have you actually competed in?

#7: If you have competed, then how well have you done?

#8: Are you already qualified for the Iron Chef: Tournament of Champions?

-On Vision-

#9: What do you seek to do regarding grading - do you like the 10/5/5 system? If not, then what do you prefer?

#10: Do you work well with others? Do you have any issues taking orders? Even if you don't agree?

#11: Quasi-hypothetical scenario...Say that you have to judge an entry from one of your siblings, or from one of your good friends. Will you do anything in particular to avoid the appearance of impropriety, or will you simply judge the match?

#12: As witnessed in the last Iron Chef tournament, attendance has the potential to be massive. Do you have any special ideas on how to cope with this? Are you going to cap attendance, do weed-out rounds, etc, etc?

#13: Speaking of overall organization...Just how will you run go through these tournaments? Pods? Pods+Single Elimination? Single Elimination? Something completely wacky and different?

-Other-

#14: How much time would you have to devote to Iron Chef?

#15: What is your general policy regarding late and illegal entries...Do you do penalties, make exceptions, etc?

#16: How will you do your grading of entries? Will you issue written reasons for why you ruled the way that you did, or simply issue scores and leave it at that?

#17: When judging, do you have any preference of good lists to good ideas, or vice-versa? How weak does one or the other have to be in order for you to ignore your preference?

*That is, how bad can a deck list be before you ignore your slant towards good ideas, or likewise, how unoriginal can a concept be before you ignore your slant towards good lists? Assuming you do have a slant...

#18: What's you opinion on prizes? Does a tournament like this need prizes?

-Goofy Questions-

#19: When have you done your very worst at a Pokemon tournament?

#20: What deck is your all-time favorite in any Modified format?

#21: What is your Favorite Pokemon? Have you ever built a deck with it? Why?

#22: What Gym Leader do you most Identify with?(ie Anime/Video Game)

Last edited:
One burning question
Can you judge one group and join the contest in another?
Like we did the pods last contest and you assist in judging in the opposite pod (which are the players you will not compete before T32)
This is, if assisting is only needed at the start.

Lia

Sorry no I may open the ruling up to public debate but the position requires you not to enter the contest.

I am in the process of moving and haven't looked over all the entrants completely so I will extend the invitation till Monday the 16th
BLiZz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back