Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Iron Chef Round 2 Closed!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vegeta ss4

Iron Chef Leader
Welcome fellow Gymers' to Iron Chef Round 2. This will be a slightly more difficult challenge, it will be utilizing the poor stage 1's that do not see a lot of play. This challenge is more geared to ACTUALLY beating the metagame, the better you beat it, the better your scores. Also consistency and creativity is still in affect as it will be throughout the challenge. Due to the lack of score differences from last round, we will need to try and make this a score seperator. What is the best way to do that this early in the challenge. It is really simple, let you choose what you want to be as your main attacker. Here is your round 2 challenge.

METAGAME WILL BE BELOW!
BAN LIST

-Enhanced Hammer
-Blastoise
-Hugh
-Pokemon Catcher

The format is BW-ON

POD 1
Your challenge is to use a grass type pokemon that's a stage 1. You must have at least 3 of the same stage 1 grass pokemon as your main attacker. In order to get a good score, you HAVE to able to beat the metagame

POD 2
Your challenge is to use a fighting type pokemon that's a stage 1. You must have at least 3 of the same stage 1 fighting pokemon as your main attacker. In order to get a good score, you HAVE to able to beat the metagame

POD 3
Your challenge is to use a psychic type pokemon that's a stage 1. You must have at least 3 of the same stage 1 psychic pokemon as your main attacker. In order to get a good score, you HAVE to able to beat the metagame

POD 4
Your challenge is to use a colorless type pokemon that's a stage 1. You must have at least 3 of the same stage 1 colorless pokemon as your main attacker. In order to get a good score, you HAVE to able to beat the metagame

Your metagame is only 3 decks. You will only have to worry about THESE 3 decks. You must be able to beat them majority of the time. The skill level for the metagame is good players. The deck lists aren't your typical lists, they are refined and meant for more skilled players.

METAGAME

AGGRON MILL

Pokemon

3 Sableye
1 Darkrai EX
4 Aaron
3 Lairon
3 Aggron
1 Emolga

T/S/S

4 Pro Juniper
4 Bianca
2 Skyla
4 Devolution Spray
4 Crushing Hammer
4 Heavy Ball
4 level Ball
2 Ultra Ball
2 Switch
2 Enhanced Hammer
1 Computer Search
1 Super Rod
1 Random Receiver
1 Pokemon Catcher
1 Tropical Beach

ENERGY

8 Dark Energy

RAYEELZ

POKEMON

4x Tyanmo
4x Eelektrik
3x Rayquaza EX
1x Rayquaza
2x Emolga

T/S/S

4x Professor Juniper
4x N
3x Skyla
3x Bianca
3x Pokemon Catcher
3x Switch
3x Ultra Ball
3x Level Ball
2x Energy Switch
2x Skyarrow Bridge
2x Super Rod
1x Computer Search
1x Energy Search

ENERGY

5x Fire Energy
7x Lightning Energy

KLINKLANG & Co.

POKEMON

3x Klink
1x Klang
3x Klinklang
2x Keldeo EX
2x Darkrai EX
1x Terrakion NVI
1x Terrakion EX
1x Shaymin EX
1x Sigilyph

T/S/S

4x Skyla
4x N
3x Professor Juniper
2x Cheren
4x Max Potion
3x Heavy Ball
3x Ultra Ball
3x Rare Candy
3x Pokemon Catcher
1x Tool Scrapper
1x Tropical Beach
1x Super Rod
1x Computer Search

ENERGY

4x Blend Energy
4x Prism Energy
4x Metal Energy

I am not an idiot, I realize you cant win EVERY game vs these decks. They will get lucky and you will get unlucky, I just want a VERY favorable matchup. In your challenge, you may obviously use ANY pokemon you want. If your challenge has a type, you atleast have to have 3 of those exact cards, same set, etc. Then you may have techs or any other non main attackers.

The due date for this entry is January 19th 1259 PM CST

Last edited:
Wow that's a tough challenge...I'll see what I can do :D
Can you have 3 of the same set and then 1 from a different set?

Wow that's a tough challenge...I'll see what I can do :D
Can you have 3 of the same set and then 1 from a different set?

Yes you can. It is only going to get tougher:) but it will also become a lot of fun once top cut begins.

There's actually a deck starring a Stage 1 Colorless Pokemon that I've been wanting to try out for a while. I'm about 99% certain that it'll work. I just need to make sure on a few (dozen) things before I submit...

am i allowed to use a stage 2 pokemon from the same evolution line? (example: I have to use grotle but i also want to play some torterras because torterra provides great support. I still use grotles attacks)

Just because Blastoise is hot and Emboar isn't.

The main attacker should be the main focus on the deck.

Last edited:
I have a deck I've used on PTCGO to great success but it has Pidgeot from COL. Could I use it or am I restricted to cards from BW on.

Sorry Vaporeon, you can only use cards that are legal in modified tournaments in the format of BW-on. Also, expect an announcement from the Pokegym about more prizes to be included to what I have already offered. They are very amazing prizes. More to follow on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back