Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Iron Chef top 16 scores!! official

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vegeta ss4

Iron Chef Leader
As you seen in the title, this is still unofficial. Except now I changed my mind, there is now only 1 unofficial matchup. Take a look down and you will see. All hands please voice your opinions on the matter. I am also listening to other complaints or notices. If you see something with a list that is not right, let me know. I am human and I may have made a mistake and did not see it, so please let me know if there is anything that you notice.

Rambo vs Hatter

Rambo - No entry

Hatter
4 Tentacool (Triumphant)
4 Tentacruel (Triumphant)
2 Unown K (Secret Wonders)
1 Unown U (Neo Discovery)
1 Unown N (Secret Wonders)
1 Unown D (Diamond & Pearl)
1 Unown O (Neo Discovery)

4 Professor Oak (Base Set)
4 Devolution Spray (Dragons Exalted)
4 Hyper Devolution Spray (Neo Discovery)
4 Broken Time Space (Platinum)
4 Pokedrawer+ (Stormfront)
4 Level Ball (Next Destinies)
4 Ultra Ball (Dark Explorers)
4 Bicycle (Plasma Storm)
4 PokedexHandy910is (Diamond & Pearl)
3 Switch (Base Set)
2 Junk Arm (Triumphant)
1 Luxury Ball (Stormfront)

4 Blend MFWL (Dragons Exalted)

The point of this deck is to infinitely lock your opponent in via Tentacruel's first attack. The way to do this is usually Devolution Spray, Hyper Devolution Spray, and in late game situations, the combo of Unown U's UNDO. Unown K is to keep an opponents Pokemon locked into the active sport while you continue to damage them. By healing the Pokemon, you can ensure that it gets KO'd when you want it to. (i.e.
you can have them get knocked out after your opponents turn so that they have to bring up a new one and you are ready to attack ASAP). Other benefits are that Unown N and D can net you cards each turn. While you do only play 4 energy, you have enough methods (Pokedrawer+, Professor Oak, PokedexHandy910is) to get it going at the latest on the second turn of the game.

I hope that you enjoyed the deck and I look forward to your verdict!

Deck 8/10 Creativity 4/5 Card Use 5/5 = 17/20

Great use on the unowns, I always found them to be creative. I love how you abused Devo Spray and it pre from which is slightly different. I like how it is uber consistent, I just wish it had 2 more energy for the just in case factor. All in all, amazing entry.
Winner is Hatter

hampuse vs sKizor

hampuse1

POKEMON: 19
2: Exeggutor, LA-54
3: Mightyena, PL-54
1: Exeggcute, AQ-77
2: Exeggcute, LA-93
3: Poochyena, PL-86
1: Unown Q, MD-49
4: Chatot G, SV-54
1: Mime Jr., CL-47
2: Skuntank G, PL-94

TRAINERS: 37
4: Ultra Ball, DEX-102
4: Level Ball, NEX-89
4: Team Galactic's Invention G-105 Poke Turn, PL-118
4: Blaine's Gamble, GH-121
4: Night Teleporter, SV-138
4: Junk Arm, TM-87
2: Gust of Wind, B-93
4: Gambler, F-60
1: Luxury Ball, SF-86
4: Broken Time-Space, PL-104
2: Moonlight Stadium, GE-100

ENERGY: 4
4: Darkness Energy (sp), CL-86

I have always liked Exeggutor from LA so when I saw this challenge I wanted to play it right away. When I was looking through the cards I found more and more cards that fit with it (especially with the flip twist). I just needed to find an attacker, which I found in Mightyena LA.
The strategy is to use Exeggutor to get their hand down to very few cards (preferably 0), control their top deck with Chatot G and attack for zero energies because of the Body of Mightyena.
The deck is very strict based on getting the lock and relies on keeping it which made me chose consistency cards over cards like Pluspower, Energy Removal

Pokémon
Exeggutor: I am using this card for its first attack, which make you both shuffle your hand in and draw cards up to the amount of cards that were in the opponent’s hand. You will try to make your hand as small as possible and then use this as early as possible for maximum disruption.
Exeggcute: Used here to evolve to Exeggutor. I am using 2 that search for more eggs and Skuntank and one of the AQ ones that do 10 for each heads in a row (for tons of damage when all other hope is lost.
Mightyena: The main attacker. If Mightyena is affected by a special condition he can attack for free, which makes so you don’t need to run lots of energies.
Poochyena: Used to evolve to Mightyena. I chose to run this because it can search for more Poochyena for zero energy.
Unown Q: An amazing card in some situations. Easily searchable and can save you from some unwanted starts.
Chatot G: When you get their hand down to zero you need a way to control what they draw. When you play Chatot you can look at their top four cards and rearrange them however you like. If you can play this every turn, you will have a lot control of the game. The attack is also really good because if pretty much guarantees the turn 2 exeggutor.
Mime Jr: If you see that you won’t be able to control their top decks well enough and need to remove a huge card, you will put this little guy out and remove the top card.
Skuntank G: I will need to make Mightyena affected by a special condition and this is the best card out there for that kind of actions.

T/S/S
The trainers are built in the way to make the deck really fast and to make it possible to drop the hand down low when you need to use Exeggutor.
4 Ultra Ball, 4 Level Ball and 1 Luxury Ball to me able to get the stage 1s as soon as possible.
4 Poke Turn to be able to reuse Chatot G every turn.

Blaine’s Gamble, Night Teleporter and Gambler is used to either get the cards you need or get your hand down to zero when you want to use Exeggutor
I am using 6 stadiums because Skuntank needs it to work. 4 BTS to be able to get the lock even earlier and also get the stage 1s out faster later in the game. Moonlight stadium is here to make retreating easier.
2 Gust of Wind because you don’t want them to charge something on the bench if they ever get something out.
4 Junk Arm is used both to empty the hand and also to take back key cards (Balls, Poke Turn, and Gust of Wind).

Energies
Mightyena doesn’t need energies to attack so I decided just to use 4 special dark for the extra 10 damage.

Once again a really challenging and fun challenge. Keep it up and happy grading!

Deck 8/10 Creativity 2/5 Card Use 4/5 = 14/20

I like the decks except it just is NOT creative, this deck was ran at tournaments, atleast partially. It is a known strategy, your score reflects it.
sKizor

Pokemon (12)
4 Kecleon RR67
1 Ditto DS 37
1 Ditto DS 38
1 Ditto DS 39
1 Ditto DS 40
2 Porygon TR48
2 Unown R LA77
Energy (36)
4 Professor Oak
4 Poke Drawer +
4 Level Ball
4 Dual Ball
4 Gust Of Wind
3 Hypnotoxic Laser
3 Switch
3 Misty's Wrath
3 Snowpoint Temple
2 Expert Belt
1 Luxury Ball
1 Night Maintenance
Energy (12)
4 Blend GRPD
4 Blend WLFM
4 Prism Energy

Strategy: The strategy is to always hit for weakness.

Kecleon - Rising Rivals Kecleon is the main attacker of this deck because its type is everything except for dragon. Triple smash may seem like an iffy attack, but averaging two heads out of three flips is 100 damage.

Ditto - The Delta Species ditto have always been some of my favorite cards. Using their Power to switch out for the correct one and hit for type is simply amazing. Ditto (charmander) has the potential to hit for massive damage with enough damage counters due to "rage". Ditto (mr mime) which can copy any attack on the field isn't a problem due to the energy the deck runs. Ditto (pikachu) is simple and sweet dealing 40 damage for two energy. Ditto (squirtle) is nice for hit and runs.

Porygon - Porygon from the first rocket set is a much needed part of this deck due to the new dragon type. With porygon (or copy with ditto mime), I can change their weakness with "conversion 1" to whatever I want and then attack for double damage.

Deck 8/10 Creativity 3/5 Card Use 4/5 = 15/20

I like the consistency of the deck and the usage of Ditto. By the concept is just NOT creative even if the cards are. I do like nearly every is used appropriately. Thx for submitting.
Winner is sKizor

Eonic vs Pokemonrocks777

Eonic

Pokemon: 14
4 Chatot G (Supreme Victors)
3 Sableye (Dark Explorers)
2 Omanyte (Fossil)
2 Bellsprout (Triumphant)
2 Weepinbell (Triumphant)
1 Unown [L] (Great Encounters)

Trainers: 37
4 Professor Oak
4 Misty's Wrath
4 Imposter Oak's Revenge
4 Poke Drawer +
3 Secret Mission
3 Energy Removal
3 Pokemon Catcher
3 Hypnotoxic Laser
2 Level Ball
2 Sabrina's Gaze
2 Recycle
2 Holon Fossil
1 Team Galactic's Invention G-105 Poke Turn

Stadiums: 2
2 Virbank City Gym

Energy: 7
4 Blend Energy GRPD
3 Darkness Energy (Special)

Strategy:
The ultimate goal of the deck is to use Chatot G to control what my opponent draws, Imposter Oak's Revenge with Weepinbell to control their hand, and Energy Removal to limit my opponent's Energy attachments. After their resources are depleted, Hypnotoxic Laser slowly can knock out any Pokemon my opponent places in the active spot. The deck is prone to being weak in the first few turns, allowing some prizes to be taken. Although, once the lock is setup, the opponent will have an extremely difficult time knocking out any more Pokemon. Even when my bench is full, or all my Chatot G's have been used, Sableye can continuously reuse G-105 Poke Turn to active Chatot G again (although Chatot G can place itself back in the deck with "Search and Escape", to many resources would have to be used for getting enough energies for retreating). When they have drawn too many cards, Imposter Oak's Revenge is played again, in tandem with Chatot G. It still has the same draw capability as a regular deck, with 17 draw cards being played. The only substantial issue the deck faces is if certain cards get prized. If two Omanytes, Holon Fossils, Bellsprouts, or Weepinbells are prized, dishing out damage through Sableye's "Confuse Ray" and Hypnotoxic Laser becomes the priority.

Chatot G:
An essential piece for the combo. The fact that this Pokemon can rearrange my opponent's deck in an ability rather than an attack makes the deck run so more much efficiently. It's attack, "Search and Escape", has a great number of uses. It makes Chatot G an amazing starting Pokemon, and can setup by searching for Poke Drawer +, Level Ball, Holon Fossil, etc.

Sableye:
Another great starting Pokemon. A decent attacker with "Confuse Ray" being able to auto-Confuse. Although, this will only be used in rare situations, and is not relied upon in any way. "Junk Hunt" can let me reuse over half of my deck, and again, has a variety of purposes. Grabbing that second Poke Drawer +, reusing Professor Oak's Revenge/G-105 Poke Turn to kept the lock going, or Energy Removal/Pokemon Catcher/Hypnotoxic Laser to deny my opponent any means of a counterattack. Also, Recycle can be picked up to get any Energies that were discarded, or if Virbank City Gym is discarded from another Stadium entering play.

Omanyte:
Helps to ensure my opponent can't do anything. After I use Professor Oak's Revenge, I can check and see if they drew a dead hand. If not, I can use another POR afterwards (or Sabrina's Gaze, which has a similar effect on the opposing player).

Bellsprout:
The best Bellsprout available, as it has a built in Pokemon Catcher for an attack. It can actually be an attacker to finish off any Pokemon with low health, because it's attack does 10 more damage than any other Pokemon in the deck (assuming no Special Dark energies).

Weepinbell:
The only Pokemon in the game that allows you to look at your opponent's hand, and discard a card from it. Cards that simply let you discard a card from your opponent's hand, without looking at it, do not work with Omanyte, as stated in this ruling. Poisonpowder is a decent attack as well, if I don't have any energies for Sableye to get Hypnotoxic Laser from the discard pile.

Unown [L]:
If Chatot ever becomes unavailable, Unown is a decent substitute. But Unown's main purpose is during the late game, where the opposing player has drawn so many cards that there are no "dead cards" left in their deck. So, Unown can place useless Trainer on top of their deck to continue stalling, and building damage with Hypnotoxic Laser. It goes for both players, working as a two-card Recycle for my deck. Because this deck has the potential to deck out, Unown can prevent that as well.

Professor Oak:
Standard draw power, just like Professor Juniper. Even though it discards my entire hand, it combos well with Sableye, Unown, and Recycle.

Misty's Wrath:
Another powerful draw engine that the deck requires. Again, despite the massive amount of discarding, Sableye, Unown, and Recycle turns it into an advantage.

Imposter Oak's Revenge:
This is the card the deck is built around. While four cards may be significant enough to draw a decent-enough hand, multiple attempts using Omanyte will make my opponent have a hand that puts me in the advantage.

Poke Drawer +:
A straight 1-for-1 is very helpful in a deck that requires multiple pieces, but the search function is amazing. Through selective draw cards like Misty's Wrath, Secret Mission, and Recycle being helpful as well, having two Poke Drawer +'s in hand isn't difficult.

Secret Mission:
As mentioned, a selective draw card is great in a deck that needs specific cards. Being able to see my opponent's hand is a nice bonus when I don't have Omanyte on the bench. The reason it's not maxed out it because it can sometimes be situational.

Energy Removal:
A staple in any lock deck. The ability to remove an energy without any downsides is absurd. It's not maxed out either because it's also a bit situational, and generally playing 1 a turn is enough. Because it's can be reused with Sableye, it's not essential to always draw it.

Pokemon Catcher:
More stall tactics. Allows the deck to setup early by removing my opponent's attacker from the active spot, and is useful in the late game if the opposing player has enough energies to attack. Another benefit that comes with Pokemon Catcher is that it can bring out a Pokemon with an ability, and render it useless from poisoning that Pokemon with Hypnotoxic Laser.

Hypnotoxic Laser:
How the deck dishes out damage. With Virbank City Gym, 30 damage per turn adds up quickly. The main purpose of Hypnotoxic Laser is for posioning the defending Pokemon, NOT to put it to sleep. While it's a nice addition, it's not relied on whatsoever.

Level Ball:
The best search card for this deck, as it can get any Pokemon the situation calls for. it's played in a low amount because of how much other draw power is already used. Level Ball is also useful because it lets me check what cards have been prized.

Sabrina's Gaze:
A great shuffle-draw for myself, or another way to make my opponent have a bad hand after I use Imposter Oak's Revenge. I would play more of it, but it's not a good card to use after I've already setup the lock.

Recycle:
The only card in the deck that actually relies on achieving a specific coin flip. It's too good of a card not to use, due to how much I discard in this deck. Recycle is not used in high amounts because placing the card I pick up on the top of the deck is not always going to be helpful, and Sableye is similar, but only gets Trainers. Also, it's important to note that endlessly picking up Recycle with Sableye's "Junk Hunt" attack will allow the deck to never deck out.

Holon Fossil:
While this does require somewhat of a specific coin flip, it's not absolutely necessary. Holon Fossil is more useful as opposed to simply playing Mysterious Fossil because it can place Omanyte on the bench in one turn, and grabs it from the deck. If I have an Omanyte in hand, I'll generally choose Tails, in case the second Omanyte is in the prizes. The abillity to play Omanyte from my hand or deck makes Holon Fossil superior to other Fossil-like Trainers.

Team Galactic's Invention G-105 Poke Turn:
Makes reusing Chatot G's ability so much easier. Although it can be prized, it wouldn't be too significant. G-105 Poke Turn is only useful much, much later in the game, and by then I'll have taken enough prizes.

Virbank City Gym:
A necessary card for the deck. Simply 10 damage from poison each turn wouldn't be enough.

Blend Energy GRPD:
One of the few energies that allows me to use Sableye, Unown, and Weepinbell, except without a downside.

Darkness Energy (Special):
Turns Sableye into a decent attacker, because I'll be able to use Confuse Ray multiple times. Again, it doesn't have a downside, compared to Rainbow Energy and such. Overall, seven energies is what I've found to work well, with the amount of draw power present.

Deck 8/10 Creativity 4/5 Card Use 4/5 = 16/20

Good entry, but wow was that a lot to read. lol
Seriously, very good entry...used to some uncreative cards in this deck, but made them creative by how you efficiently used them.
Pokemonrocks777

Pokemon: 4

4x Durant (Black and White Noble Victories 83)

Trainers/Supporters/Statiums: 48

4x Level Ball (Black and White Next Destinies)
4x Revive (Black and White)
4x Crushing Hammer (Black and White Emerging Powers)
4x Enhanced Hammer (Black and White Dark Explorers)
4x Gust of Wind (Base Set)
4x Pokemon Catcher (Black and White Emerging Powers)
2X Broken Ground Gym (Neo Destiny)
4x Energy Removal (base)
4x Energy Removal 2 (Unseen Forces)
2X Super Energy Removal 2 (Aquapolis)
4x Metal Cube 01 (Aquapolis)
4x Junkarm (H.S. Triumphant)
4x Evioilte (Black and White Noble Victories)

Energy: 8
4x Prism (Black and White Next Destinies)
4X Blend Energy WLFM (Black and White Dragons Exalted)

The Basic Strategy to use Durant attack Devour (for one Metal energy) to Deck out (Mill your Opponent) and to get rid of all of their energy in the Process. Also you can Catcher and Gust of wind to get the High Cost Retreaters and Drop the Statium Broken Ground Gym to make High retreat cost one more higher (Terrakion from NV Gets a 5 retreat cost now as a Basic).

How you Win with this deck is Just to Deck out and make it to where your Opponent has nothing else to do so you play to win to deck Out

How you lose with this deck: I don't know of anything So far that is an auto loss to this deck you basically have all energy removal you need to win the game and keep decking your opponent out.

Deck 9/10 Creativity 1/5 Card Use 4/5 = 14/20

Really? You had to play Durant mill for this challenge, you could not think of anything else? Well, all in all very consistent and fast, and every card is used incredibly. But really...Durant? Grr, score reflects.
Winner is Eonic

vaporeon vs Ace-

Vaporeon

Pokemon- 17

4x Eevee UF

I choose this Eevee because when I attach any of my energy other then the DCE, I can evolve right into Vaporeon using its PokePower.

3x Vaporeon DEX

A good Vaporeon. High HP for a uncommon and really good attacks in a limited format. Her first attack combos well with the UF Eevee, allowing me to apply early pressure with Muddy Water, placing a total of 40 damage on my opponents board. Her second attack helps my Vaporeon tanks attacks by healing 20 damage from itself.

4x Cherubi DP

Needed to Evolve

4x Cherrim UL

This card helps my Vaporeon's staying Power. its ability allows me to heal 10 damage from my Active Pokemon. The Ability stacks so if I have 4 in play, I can heal 60 damage a turn when used with Vaporeon's Spiral Drain attack.

2x Pichu GS

Just here for Playground. This allows me to play all my Cherubis in a single turn and allows the healing combo to start really early.

Trainers- 30

4x Professor Oak

Draw Power

4x Gambler

We are to consider all coins as heads. This card allows me to draw 8 cards. I figured I can draw 8 cards about 50 percent of the time.

4x PokeDrawer +

Good search and draw power

4x Energy Link

This allows me to move my energy around and switch to a new Vaporeon or to allow for some Max Potion plays. A favorite card of mine.

4x Ultra Ball

Pokemon Search

3x Pokemon Catcher

Allows me to make offensive or defensive plays

3x Switch

Vaporeon is fat so this allows me to move them around.

2x Max Potion

Heals damage and combos well with Energy Link

1x Pokemon Center

Just one to get the extra healing

1x Luxury Ball

Pokemon Search

Energy- 13

Energy setup is to allow Vaporeon to attack on turn 2.

4x Double Rainbow Energy

Evolves Eevee into Vaporeon. Attacks do 10 less damage but Vaporeon should be 2 hitting Pokemon anyway.

3x Rainbow Energy

Evolves Eevee into Vaporeon.

3x Blend Energy WLFM

Evolves Eevee into Vaporeon.

3x Double Colorless

Used to let Vaporeon attack by turn 2.

Deck 7/10 Creativity 3/5 Card Use 4/5 = 14/20

I truly thought you were going to play a Vaporeon deck, but this is a pretty basic deck. No tricks, nothing really. It is just a hard to KO Vaporeon while using a consistent list that actually allows for a setup.

Ace-

3 sableye SW
1 sableye DEX
4 trubbish PS 65
3 garbodor NV
1 unown G GE

energy

4 rainbow energy
4 blend grpd
2 multi
1 double rainbow

trainer

4 level ball
1 luxury ball
1 ultra ball
2 pokemon retriever
3 professor oak
2 windstorm
2 warp point

1 Memory Berry
2 fluffy berry
2 cessation crystal
4 amulet coin
4 gold berry
2 expert belt
1 giant cape
2 rescue scarf
1 lucky egg

stadiums

1 holon circle
2 Meteor falls

Strategy

Basically you use Sableyes Rummage to setup. While getting trainer cards you try to get as many pokemon (preferably 4 trubbish and another sableye) as possible into play and attach tools to them. Then attack with trubbish to do damage. If meteor falls is in play you can also attack with garbodor but you should still use Trubbish´s Tool Drop because its damage is better. Sableye´s (DEX) Junk Hunt helps you to get tools back if needed but can also help to basics into play by recycling the ball items.

some card explanations:

4 Trubbish and 3 Garbodor

Trubbish is the main hitter but it doesnt have good stats. Thats why i used garbodor to get better stats. Luckily i can still use Tool Drop because of meteor falls and memory berry.

1 Unown g.

Its basically a searchable tool.

energies:

1 DRE is actually for Garbodor. Sometimes when one trubbish/garbodor is koed you cant counter attack. Thats why i decided to play 1 dre to be able to do a surprise attack. There are no prism energies because garbodor cant use them well. Thats why i dedided to play 4 rainbow instead. Blend energy is the best energy in this deck because all pokemon use p,d or c to attack.

windstorm
Sometimes you have the wrong tools (example: memory berry on a garbodor if you have meteor falls in play). But luckily windstorm helps you in that situation.

Holon circle:
Sometimes you need to buy time if one of your trubbishs/garbodors is koed.

Deck 6/10 Creativity 3/5 Card Use 4/5 = 13/20

It just seems like a hard setup, too many inconsistency going on here. The idea is already out there and cessastion only would work on decks that wouldn't have to listen to the rules of the meta.
Winner is Vaporeon

Rainbowgym vs PMysterious

Rainbowgym

One twist about this new challenge kept bugging me. The head/tails thing.
It’s fairly easy to create a deck what wins everything if you can consider each coinflip the way you want.
You take 8 pokemon with a Continuous Eggsplosion kind of attack, some energy and you will have a winning deck.
Tempting but not enough for me.

I decided to abuse the coin/heads thing only for set up.
This is the reason I am running Magikarp, for the Sea Spray attack.
Flip until you get tails and for each head draw a card!
In theory I can draw almost all cards from my deck and have everything I need.
To prevent going deck out I have Professor Elm to shuffle back and draw 7.
It doesn’t matter I can’t play any trainercards after using Prof Elm, because whatever you can use you simply use it before the shuffle.
Unlimited access to all card in a deck, makes me smile.
All I need is Magikarp active which should be possible with this build.
Warp nrg to move anything out of the active position, Unown Q + nrg can even make a Chansey move away along with Warp Point enough options to get Magikarp active and Sea Spray until I am satisfied with the cards I draw.
Many trainers to get Pokemon out of the deck.

As for the strategy to win, Blissey with Expert Belt attached does 100 damage.(and 40 selfdamage)
It has 150 HP (with the belt) and those Cherrims will heal during my turn 10 damage each.
Aspertia Gym to give Blissey a freaking 170 HP. It should be possible to keep Blissey in play and taking prizes this way.
Since Blissey is one of my favorite Pokemon, this deck makes me smile.

Grtz Lia

Pokemon 20
3 x Chansey Platinum (Pulled Punch attack)
3 x Blissey HGSS (Energy Link and 80/40 attack)
4 x Cherubi AR (Colorless Attack)
4 x Cherrim Unleashed (Sunny Heal Power)
4 x Magikarp SF (Sea Spray)
2 x Unown Q MD (when attached 1 retreat less)

Trainer/Supporter/Stadium 31
4 x Professor Elm
4 x Quick Ball
4 x Level Ball
4 x Dual Ball
1 x Luxury Ball
4 x Warp Point
2 x Expert Belt
2 x Potion
2 x Junk Arm
2 x Aspertia City Gym
2 x Hypnotoxic laser

Energy 9
4 x Warp Energy - Special
4 x Double Colorless Energy - Special
1 x Rescue Energy - Special

Deck 9/10 Creativity 4/5 Card Use 4/5 = 17/20

You still heavily relied on a flip for a setup, if you don't get that flip it can hurt. All in all, it is consistent, missing a few things here and there, but not much. I like the list.
PMysterious

Pokemon- 29
4x Throh (Dragons Exalted) (Uncommon)
4x Scyther (Undaunted) (Common)
4x Electabuzz (Boundaries Crossed) Uncommon)
3x Magmar (Boundaries Crossed) (Common)
4x Sigilyph (Emerging Powers) (Uncommon)

Trainers- 25
4x Professor Oak (Uncommon)
4x Pokemon Catcher (Uncommon)
4x Gust Of Wind (Common)
3x Recycle (Common)
4x Pokemon Commonication (Uncommon)
3x Technical Machine TS-2 (Uncommon)
3x Potion (Common)

Energy- 16
4x Blend GRPD (Uncommon)
4x Blend WLFM (Uncommon)
4x Prism (Uncommon)
4x Double Colorless (Uncommon)

I decided to bring a classic deck back in style. The reason why a deck like this could never see play before is because EXs are so dominant in BW-On. Thankfully, with EXs removed, I felt like putting this together. The strategy of the deck isn't that hard to understand. You use non-evolved Pokemon to deal damage to other Pokemon with heavy hitting attacks. Gust of Wind and Pokemon Catcher to so important to this deck because it allows you to take out Pokemon that could hurt you later or to just take a cheap prize. Besides, most of the cards in this deck deal 50 or more damage. I'll go over each one.

(Throh): This is your Fighting type attackers to deal with Dark and Normal type Pokemon. Throh is the only Pokemon in this deck that can actually do 90 damage.

(Scyther): Its a Grass-type to deal with some Water types mainly. It actually can use almost any energy.

(Electabuzz): This is an Electric-type to deal with Flying-types and most Water-types. It can deal a solid 50 damage.

(Magmar): Its a Fire-type to deal with Grass-types. It does good stuff.

(Sigilyph): This is a Psychic-type that has solid attacks. Its the only Pokemon that can hit the Bench.

So yeah, that's the deck and I hope for the best.

Deck 8/10 Creativity 3/5 Card Use 4/5 = 15/20

Basic 4 corner deck, never are these deck creative, but your list is consistent. You do have a lot of things covered for a 4 corner style deck like this. Not bad.
Winner is Rainbowgym

Goldedda vs KingPiplup
Goldedda

TOTAL CARDS: 60

POKEMON: 25
Stage 1: 5
3 : Exeggutor, LA-54
2 : Wigglytuff, RG-52
Basic: 20
3 : Sableye, DE-62
1 : Ambipom G, RR-56
2 : Chatot G, SV-54
3 : Mime Jr., CL-47
3 : Exeggcute, LA-93
2 : Jigglypuff, RG-65
4 : Unown Q, MD-49
2 : Skuntank G, PL-94

TRAINERS: 28
Trainers: 24
3 : Level Ball, NEX-89
4 : Team Galactic's Invention G-105 Poke Turn, PL-118
4 : Professor Oak, B-88
4 : Junk Arm, TM-87
4 : Night Teleporter, SV-138
4 : Energy Removal, B-92
1 : Luxury Ball, SF-86
Pokemon Tools: 2
2 : Amulet Coin, GE-97
Stadiums: 2
2 : Lost World, CL-81

ENERGY: 7
Special Energy: 7
3 : Prism Energy, NEX-93
4 : Darkness Energy (sp), CL-86

Strategy:
set up by t2 an exeguttor get ur hand down to 0 and PSYCHIC strategy making ur opponent get 0 cards. Then chatot G to make them draw dead or at least avoid giving them anything that helps them in a major way. This allows my lil buddy mime jr to come in and snag some easy pkm to the lost zone or get rid of useful resources. i can keep chatot locking them by using sableye's junk hunt and grab back poketurns and energy removal so that my opponent never is able to attack. i only run low amount of energy because i run unown q's so that all my main guys who have 1 retreat become free retreaters allowing me to retreat my sableyes for free not having to discard a valuable energy. I try to win via lost world however if i see his board is weak its AMBIPOM time. ambipom disrupts energy but with me removing energies from the active spot i can quickly and cheaply keep hitting for 60. Skunktank is my guy to poison the opposition and deal quick damage fast, i know my own guy gets poisioned too and that WHY I RUN wiggyluff. that fellow removes 1 special condition aka the poision i get from skunktank, OR when my mime jr is asleep going into my turn i wake up that lil fellow.

Trainers:
Night teleporter: easy way to get down to 0 cards for exeguttor
Oak: need some early and maybe late game draw
energy removal: never allow opponent to set up attacker
Amulet coin: with mime jr/ambipom active i get free card to draw because of my opponent being unable to do anything as hes locked up, and i am able to draw into more poketurns/energy removal without needing to use junk hunt
junk arm: easy way to get rid of hand for exeguttor, also nice to grab back poketurn for chatot if early in the game i am unable to get an energy to use junk hunt
Level ball: everything under 90 hp nice
luxury ball: too good
lost world: WIN THE GAME

Deck 8/10 Creativity 4/5 Card Use 4/5 = 16/20
I like this deck, initially it looked uncreative, but after some thought and actually looking at your strategy, it really is creative. I like this deck.

KingPiplup

4 Crobat G

4 Poison-Hypnotic Beam
4 Gambler
4 First Ticket
4 TGI-Poke Turn
4 Junk Arm
4 Energy Removal
4 Quick Ball
3 Blaine's Last Resort
2 Erika's Perfume
3 Virbank City Gym
4 Poke-Blower+
4 Super Scoop Up
1 Super Rod
3 TGI-Energy Gain (Galactic)
2 Pokedex Handy 910s

4 Blend GRPD
2 Rainbow Energy
The strategy is quite simply to blow your opponent into oblivion with Flash Bite and Crobat doing 50 with poison with Virbank/Toxic Fangs.

4 Gambler
3 Blaine's Last Resort
2 Pokedex Handy 910s -The draw power, which is lacking a bit admittedly, but with the enormous number of items, Blaine's Last Resort should be usable. Gambler always flips Heads, per the coin flip manipulation.

4 Poison-Hypnotic
3 Virbank
4 PokeTurn
4 SSU
4 Pokeblower+
Are the damage suite. PHB+Virbank adds up quickly if an opponent can't switch, plus adds a chance of sleep stalling. SSU provides healing and reuse of Crobat. PokeTurn is fairly self explanatory. Pokeblower+ can act as extra damage or as a pinch Catcher if two are played. With Catcher omitted, this can be quite helpful, as once in awhile you may have the need for such an effect.

2 Erika's Perfume are used to force the opponent to play down weak/easy basics.

4 First Ticket are for donk chances.

4 Energy Removal are for keeping other attackers off the field.

Ideally, no reliable energy acceleration can hit the field under the rain of damage.

3 Energy Gain
4 Blend GRPD
2 Rainbow
Are the attacking fuel. With Virbank, Crobat can be dealing 70 damage for what is effectively a single attachment after Energy Gain.

The Super Rod is recoverable with 4 Junk Arm and is used to recover Crobats that have fallen.

4 Quick Ball are guaranteed to hit Crobats and therefore were better than any other search option.

Deck 9/10 Creativity 3/5 Card Use 5/5 = 17/20
So, um...Crobat G. WOW, sadly this is a creative way to play the deck. I like this deck a lot, id actually play it at a tournament. Well, not this years format.

Winner is KingPiplup

Time for Pain vs cabd

Time for Pain

Pokemon: 20
4 Exeggcute (LA 93)
4 Exeggutor (LA 54)
4 Grimer (LM 54)
4 Muk (UD 31)
2 Chansey (DEX 80)
2 Blissey (HS 36)

Trainers: 26
4 Challenge! (TR 74)
4 Professor Oak (BS 88)
4 Night Teleporter (SV 138)
4 Junk Arm (TM 87)
2 Hypnotoxic Laser (PLS 123)
3 Virbank City Gym (PLS 126)
3 Warp Point (MD 88)
1 Luxury Ball (SF 86)
1 Heavy Ball (NXD 88)

Energy: 14
4 Double Colorless Energy (BS 96)
4 Blend Energy (GRPD) (DRX 117)
4 Rainbow Energy (PL 121)
2 Boost (DX 93)

Basic strategy is to use night teleporter to empty your hand, then use exeggutor to switch hands with your opponent so they get no cards. With no supporters in the format, it is quite a dangerous and deadly thing to do. After that, I use muk to sludge drag opponents off the bench (put there by challenge, because who's gonna refuse that?) that are a threat. Then pester them into oblivion, rinse repeat. Blissey was added in because of it's energy link and it's strong second attack/high hp. Exeggutor can also be used as a late game nuke. Draw support is lacking some, but seeing as oak is really strong, challenge (after the first) will probably let you draw cards, and exeggutor gets you cards as well, you should be fine on that. On the coin flips, you want/need heads on night teleporter to get the combo off. Hypnotoxic Laser coin flip doesn't matter too much, but can be nice in some situations.

Deck 8/10 Creativity 4/5 Card Use 4/5 =16/20
This is a solid deck, so consistent and it also fast and reliable. I like the deck, egg can be creative when partnered correctly. GREAT entry

cabd

TOTAL CARDS: 60

POKEMON: 11
Stage 1: 4
1 : Vibrava, BC-98
3 : Vibrava, SW-74
Basic: 7
4 : Trapinch, BC-83
3 : Crobat G, PL-47

TRAINERS: 41
Trainers: 32
4 : Super Scoop Up, BLW-103
1 : Night Maintenance, MT-113
4 : Team Galactic's Invention G-105 Poke Turn, PL-118
4 : Professor Oak, B-88
4 : Poke Drawer +, SF-89
2 : Mail from Bill, NDes-105
4 : Poke Blower +, SF-88
4 : Junk Arm, TM-87
2 : Challenge!, TR-74
2 : Lost Remover, CL-80
1 : Luxury Ball, SF-86
Technical Machines: 1
1 : Ancient Technical Machine [Rock], HL-85
Pokemon Tools: 3
3 : Rocky Helmet, NVI-94
Stadiums: 5
2 : Crystal Beach, CG-75
3 : Miasma Valley, PL-111

ENERGY: 8
Special Energy: 8
4 : Double Colorless Energy, NEX-92
4 : Blend Energy WLFM, DRX-118

The idea here is very simple. You spread a LOT of damage, and keep hitting for more via your attack. Any turn where you cannot spread damage you can use the flippy energy removal attack to stall your opponent. Multiple copies of lost remover ensure that their special energy won’t be coming back, even if they use the cards that exist in unlimited that can grab back special energy, such as garbage exchange.

Miasma Valley gives us 2 damage counters on any non-psychic or grass Pokémon, which will be the majority in an unlimited format. We avoid out own stadium with either the use of Crystal Beach, which distrupts opponents using scramble or any other form of special energy acceleration, or by using one of our two copies of challenge, which allows us AND our opponent to fill their benches. With the average HP total being so low I a rare-less format, that’s nothing but good for us. Rocky helmet allows us to punish those who would attack into vibrava, and a maxed out line of SSU and Poketurn allow us to re-use crobat G over and over. If the opponent lasts more than a few turns, we’re in trouble, but the deck is designed to not give them more than a few turns. ATM-rock is out kicker play, allowing us to devolve anything that gets out of range of our evil evil plans. Poke blower is always played as a singleton for the extra damage, and pokedrawe allows us to grab whatever we need or just keep our draw flowing. Oak has never been erratad, and remains a mere trainer, making him perfect as a target for a double pokedrawer at the end of a hand combo. Night maintaince buys us another three turns for our damage to add up by returning Pokémon to the deck.

We autoloss anything using deckout as a win condition, such as Durant NVI or moltress base era, but that’s acceptable. We win against anything that needs stuff on the bench, that uses low HP basics, or that runs a majority of special energy and cannot trainer lock. Junk arm gets us back anything we need for a particular matchup.

Blend and DCE serve all our energy needs, and Blend also lets us bluff other attackers quite well. DCE is DCE and is rather self-explanatory.

The singleton newer vibrava is for pinches where sand attack is needed. The older vibrava uses mostly the first attack, but hyper beam is useful in a pinch.

The “always assume heads” rule is convenient to this deck, but by no means does the deck fail without it. If this rule were not in effect, it’d be as simple as -1 rockey helmet and +1 fliptini.

~Cabd

Deck 9/10 Creativity 3/5 Card Use 4/5 =16/20
Solid deck, Uber consistent and such. I like the deck, I do however think that the deck is slightly using the coin flips a little more than I would like to see, whether or not that you agree with it is irrelevant, lol. Good entry and thank you for submitting the entry.
Winner is Time for Pain

SuperE vs Matijs

SuperE

3 Cubone TM
4 Marowak TM
4 Elekid delta DF
4 Electabuzz delta DF
1 Gligar UF

16 Pokémon

4 DCE B
2 Retro Energy SK
1 Cyclone Energy SK
2 Warp Energy AQ

9 Energy

4 Challenge! TR
4 Professor Oak B
2 Misty's Wrath GH
2 Secret Mission GH

4 Friend Ball SK
2 Level Ball NEX

1 Snowpoint Temple LA
2 Holon Ruins DS

2 Expert Belt AR
1 Imposter Oak's Revenge TR
1 Energy Excahnger UD
3 Defender B
1 Windstorm CG
1 Warp point EX

1 Revive B
1 Trash Exchange GH
1 Nightly Garbage Run TR
2 Energy Charge DX

35 Trainers

I tried to combine as many different sets as possible since I thought this was an awesome aspect of the challenge. Its all about having fun!
Also there are a lot of single cards in here, but this was really one of the times where I wanted more than 60 cards in the list. So I had to cut something which I really wanted in the deck. I still keept some funny cards in here since they remind of the times I played the classic format.

Ok now for the strategy.
Cubone Wall :D How original.... Oh well its a deck that has never seen any competitive play (to my knowledge at least) and building it with these rules would give it some funny twists.
Cubone has a Body-body which makes you reduce 20 damage for each Marowak you have in your discard pile making it able to reduce 80 damage in this way. Cubones attack is even more interesting with the flip rule we have. It give 20 damage for each heads until you flip tails. This gives it potential for unlimmited damage. Of course this is not gonna be relevant, otherwise I would abuse the flip rule to much, but I can to some extend assume a certain amount of damage, but more about that later.

I choosed to play it together with Electabuzz delta for many reasons, one of the ones being its type. I can then play Frind Ball which is such a cool card (I know Level Ball would do the same here, but Friend Ball is cooler). The fact that its a delta makes me able to use Holon Ruins also, so I have a little more draw power in the deck and a chance to discard my Marowaks. Electabuzz also has a nice power which provides some consistency to this deck and a perfect synergy with Challenge!.

The Gligar is there because of its free retreat and that its a fighthing type also.

I tried to choose different energies in order to give me more options.
DCE is important here so I can attack T1. Warp gives me a change to get out of special conditions (Gligar comes in handy here also) Cyclone is just awesome and can mess with your opponent. The Retro Energy actually fits quite nicely in here. If it happens that you need to evolve your Cubone for some reason you can deevolve it and discard it at the same time (it also removes 2 damage counters). Even if you dont need Marowak to attack with you can just evolve and attachs Retro Energy and discard Marowak, thereby boosting Cubones Poké-body.

Deck 8/10 Creativity 4/5 Card Use 5/5 = 17/20
I like this deck, it is actually one of the best decks in the tournament. I truly think this could also be played at a real tournament with ease and be fairly competitive.

Matijs

Pokémon: 18
4 Castform (Hidden Legends 30)
2 Golduck ð (delta) (Holon Phantoms 43)
2 Psyduck (Boundaries Crossed 32)
2 Dark Houndoom (Team Rocket Returns 37)
2 Houndour (Dragons Exalted 74)
2 Skuntank G (Platinum 94)
1 Munna (Boundaries Crossed 68)
1 Unown Q (Majestic Dawn 49)
1 Unown S (Neo Destiny 87)
1 Aipom (Unseen Forces 34)

T/S/S: 32
4 Holon Circle
4 Trash Exchange
4 Junk Arm
2 Night Maintenance
4 Gambler
4 Rocket’s Secret Experiment
3 Bill’s Teleporter
4 Level Ball
1 Luxury Ball
1 Mr. Fuji
1 Pokémon Catcher

Energies: 10
4 Call energy
4 Warp energy
2 Heal energy

Strategy:
Since this is a quite complicated deck I’ll explain all the( key) cards to make clear what the strategy is.

Castform:
It searches your deck for a Stadium card and puts it into play (for 1 energy). This deck only plays Holon Circle (Prevent all effects of an attack including damage, done by either players active Pokémon, if an active Pokémon attacks, the turn ends and discard Holon Circle). Castform is used to get Holon Circle into play every time you need it. I’ll explain later on how you can keep the Holon Circle stream going.

Golduck delta:
It’s body prevents your opponent from playing a stadium card as long as there is a stadium card in play with Holon in its name. This will make it even harder for your opponent KO 1 of your Pokémon, since you keep on playing Holon Circles and they cannot counter it with another stadium.

Dark Houndoom:
If it’s active you may flip a coin, if heads the defending Pokémon in Burned! Which means auto burn in this challenge because you can decide how a coin flip ends! This is the way this deck does damage, you cannot attack because of Holon Circle, but you can give a Pokémon a special condition via a Power, Ability etc.
Castform warps to the bench with Warp energy, Houndoom becomes active and burns opponents active, Houndoom retreats free via Unown Q, Castform brings another Holon Circle into play. That’s how it usually works, but if you have Holon Circle in your hand it will be better to keep Houndoom active. In this way you can easier burn again if necessary and then switch to Castform.

Skuntank G:
If you have a stadium card in play, Skuntank poisons both active Pokémon. Since it’s hard to get rid of Holon Circle you can use this power a lot with success. It doesn’t matter that your active Pokémon becomes poisoned, you’ll retreat or warp to the bench anyway. Or heal it with heal energy.

Munna:
So we have burn, poison, but we are not done yet! Munna’s ability let you flip a coin, if heads the defending Pokémon is asleep, tails your active is asleep. It’s really annoying for your opponent if the defending Pokémon stays asleep between turns. They cannot get rid of Holon Circle (by attacking) and they get more damage by burn and poison.

Unown Q:
Used to give 1 Pokémon, 1 retreat less. Mostly used on Houndoom in this deck.

Unown S:
Unown S can look at 1 of your prize cards once a turn. This is necessary because you need all of your Holon Circles.

Aipom:
Aipom prevents you from decking out. It’s Power says: once during your turn if it’s benched you may draw a card and then return Aipom to the bottom of your deck. So it prevents decking out and draws a card!

Holon Circle:
It is already explained above, this card is used to prevent your opponent from attacking, while you can do damage through special conditions. The next 2 cards explain how to keep getting Holon Circle in play.

Trash exchange:
Shuffles your discard pile back into your deck, then you have to discard an amount of cards from your deck equal to the amount shuffled back. In other words you can shuffle your crystal beaches back and have high chances to have them all back in your deck again. To decrease the chances of discarding them again, this list plays 2 Night Maintenance, to shuffle some discarded Pokémon back.

Junk arm:
Mainly used to get Trash exchange back to use even more Holon Circles! Doing a quick calculation about the times you can use Holon Circle:
4 from the start + 4x4 from all Trash exchanges + 4x4 from all Junk arms which took Trash exchanges back=4+16+16=36! (of course if you don’t discard them back again with Trash exchange, but even if it’s a few times less, it’s still more than enough to deck out an opponent or to KO their Pokémon with special conditions)

Gambler, Rocket’s Secret Experiment and Bill’s Teleporter:
This deck cannot afford to discard any more cards from your hand than necessary (what Professor Oak does for example), so I chose to make use of the flipping rule and chose the 3 cards above as draw engine. Gambler shuffles your hand back and draws 8 cards, Rocket’s Secret Experiment searches your deck for any 1 card and Bill’s Teleporter draws 4 cards!

Level Ball and Luxury Ball:
To search for your precious Pokémon! (they all have less than 90 HP so Level Ball is perfect!)

Mr. Fuji:
At some point you might need more Warp or Heal energies but it seems you used all of them, what now?! Mr. Fuji! It’s not strange in this deck to have a Castform in play piled up with energies, so you use Mr. Fuji to shuffle them all back into your deck! This also helps to make your deck bigger, so to decrease the chances of discarding Holon Circles with Trash Exchange.

Pokémon Catcher:
It’s mainly used when you really need to take prize cards (especially when 1 or more Holon Circles are prized).

Call energy:
The perfect opening is with Call energy and Holon Circle from your hand. You can build up your bench this way and be safe because of Holon Circle!

Warp energy:
Used to Warp Castform to the bench, Burn the opponent with Houndoom , retreat Houndoom and get Holon Circle in play with Castform! Or to get rid of Poison from Skuntank when you don’t have Heal energy.

Heal energy:
To get rid of Skuntank’s poison!

If I had to build this deck to go up against another deck it would definitely have been different (Windstorms to counter Cessation Crystal etc.) but that wasn’t the challenge so I tried to make the deck as creative, unique and solid as possible!
I guess this deck’s strategy is clear now and I hope you enjoyed it!

Deck 9/10 Creativity 5/5 Card Use 4/5 = 18/20
WOW, this was an awesome entry. This could go to states and win, with ease, IMO. I love this deck, thank you for sharing it.
Winner is Matijs

SO that is that, please again, let me know how you think the round went. Also, please give your opinions on the above unofficial matchup, we have 1 more day to figure this out and such. I am currently trying to come up with the next rounds challenge, truthfully I have no idea what it will be.

Last edited:
Sorry I had no time to enter this tournament, although I doubt I'd ever be able to compete with Hatter's deck, even if I did I would have given my place to him for such a creative deck aha.

did you get my corrected iron chef deck list? The list you posted was my first list. ( i had to correct the list because i used rares. IIRC multi and DREs are rares.) in my 2nd list i changed some energies.

EDIT: I personally think Time for pain´s deck isnt more creative than cabd´s. Muk and Blissey are somewhat creative hitters but Exeggutor and Night Teleporter is a combo which was quite obvious in this challenge.

EDIT 2: I think you should check some lists again. Some of them used rares or cards from DV.

Last edited:
You still heavily relied on a flip for a setup, if you don't get that flip it can hurt. All in all, it is consistent, missing a few things here and there, but not much. I like the list.

Explain me how I will NOT get that coin flip, you made that silly rule about treating them however you want.
This deck was not made to be used without your coinflip ruling EVER.
Magikarp is in there BECAUSE you made that ruling and I got the impression you wanted us to do something with it.

I asked you if you wanted us to create a winning deck and I might be wrong but your answer sounded to me as if you wanted something creative, using the head/tails thing.
For me this sounds as you giving us options to work with and later on you judge us negative if we really use them.
Very contradicting for me as non-native English speaker.

Last edited:
I have been following this particular round and can sincerely say that the flip ruling was pretty brainless, because according to the discussion you shouldn't rely on it "too much". Well, how can a contestant know what's too much? It would have been a lot better round without the "twist". My favorite's are Hatter's and Matijs' deck (obviously).

My rules were clear as day, if someone takes what I wrote out of context, then that is on them. Most people who submitted their entries didn't rely on a flip. You can say I put a flip card in this deck, but I wasn't making it my intention to get the flip I want is STILL using the flip. Your score, rainbow, was NOT reflected by any of the coin usage. That's the score you got because that's what your list deserved.

Time for Pain's deck seems as much, if not more, reliant on flips than cabd's (Flippy attack plus Teleporter combo).

I wouldn't give either the edge in terms of originality, but cabd's spread strategy is the more solid and consistent of the two (if we take away the flip factor).

Ouch. My score looks painfully low compared to the other decks posted and my deck's strategy is less meta then most. My deck is the same as Rainbowgym's deck except he did not use Vaporeon, which pretty much does what Blessey does without the coin flip. I may have to question that.

Rainbowgym's was just vastly more efficent. That's why there is a difference in your score compared to her score.

I apologise for the twist, using it wouldbt of deducted a thing, overusing it would have. Eggs with energy is a prime example of overusing flips. Or even Gardy ko with a flip. I really did not thing of the language barrier which could affect the meaning of a challenge.

Some of the decks did use rares, so I'd recommend checking through them all more thoroughly, I'd rather not get someone DQ'd directly like I did last round if I'm honest.

Last edited:
maybe you skipped my post...

Did you get my corrected list? there arent many changes except i had to change my energies (because 2 of them were rares)

Also i think you should probably check all list again if some banned cards were used.

edit: unfortunately some sites are wrong about the rarity. multi was a rare in sandstorm, dre was a rare in TATM. Thats why i had to correct my list

I would like to say, my deck is only really a flip for night teleporter, NOT for egg. His second attack can be used in a pinch but I would rather be attacking with Muk (to screw people up so they can't set-up) or Blissey (hits hard and has energy accel) Even if I don't get the night teleporter flip, I still can drop most of my hand to make egg's first attack worth it.

Use pokemon.com. It doesn't get any more official than that. Or use pkmncards.com and view the SCANS and not the text.

Upon some review, some cards WERE rare and then reintroduced as uncommons. If the card was ever an uncommon then in my eyes, its legal. It also awesome you truly looked into past sets and dug for the best answer. Good job.

Ace- the list I posted of yours is the corrected version you sent me.

On the TfP vs cadb matchup:

A huge issue I have with cadb's deck is how inefficient his attacker choices are. Why not just Minun (DEX)? The only benefit of Trapinch and Vibrava is if you expect to abuse flips to deplete energy.

Another thing that is not getting enough credit in TfP's deck is the use of Chansey/Blissey and the actual thought behind it. Chansey is one of the few high hit point basics legal in this format. This is incredibly important with the expected spamming of Crobat G. Also, Blissey is (I think) 1 of two cards in this format that can get special (non metal) energy back from the discard. Again with the paramaters given this choice was brilliant.

TfP def gets this one IMO. Both great entries though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back