Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Iron Chef Top 8 Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vegeta ss4

Iron Chef Leader
Welcome guys to the Top 8 of Iron Chef 2011. This Top 8 is very fierce, anyone can win this without a doubt. Some of the best deck builders in the world are left after 5 rounds. I am honored to be judging this tournament.

So this challenge will be a flashback from something that I absolutly loved.

OFFICIAL BRACKET!!!

The challenge for this round will be the same for everyone. Follow the bracket to know who you are playing.

Without further waiting, here is THE CHALLENGE.

All players, your challenge is as follow.
COMMON/UNCOMMON
BAN LIST IS AS FOLLOWS...
NO Rare Pokemon
No Fossils
No Special Energy
No Promo Cards(unless they are reprints of other cards that were not rares)
Format_DP-NV
This is one of the two challenges I have had in my bag since this started. I am so glad I get to get it going.

NO ONLINE CHALLENGE, too many discrepencies.

There is a new grading criteria for the Top 8 and beyond. The new point system is as follows.
x/10 consistency x/10 creativity x/5 card use.
This will help with the ties and such.

Entries will be due the 24th 4 PM Central Standard Time.

Last edited:
Question: if there is no best-of-three purpose behind the games, then why not just make each a two game series? That way, no one player is overly-advantaged by the coin flip, and both sides get an equal chance at validation.

(This assumes that we will be playing against our T8 opponents, and not you or somebody else.)

It is against your Top 8 opponent. I truly don't feel the coin flip makes the big of a difference.
Posted with Mobile style...

It is against your Top 8 opponent. I truly don't feel the coin flip makes the big of a difference.

It makes an extraordinary amount of difference due to first attachment, first supporter, first shot at evolving, and first blood. By playing an even number of games, the significance of this is mitigated.

^ Agreed... then it all just comes down to luck, instead of, well,... luck!

Really? You're giving this challenge to the guy that won the Prof Cup in this exact format? I always enjoy this kind of challenge. Have fun!

Question: even though we know we're playing against other people, do we assume the existence of a metagame for the sake of our lists, or not?

There will NOT be an online match, too many conflictions with all personnel.

Again, no metagame.

Will you be testing them online then? Not being able to play it will severely handicap the perception of what I'm working on.

Just sent mine in not too long ago! Very excited to see what Lia comes up with. :D

P.S. Anybody who built their decks on APPR or playtcg interested in playing a game or two after the round is over?

Last edited:
I just got back from a few days away so tomorrow I will think about what to make.

I am confused about the trainerkits, those cards don't have the common/uncommon/rare sign on it. (as far as I remember)
Does that make Gyarados and Raichu available for this contest?

Yeah...All of these questions make me feel a little concerned, too. I would assume that since the challenge is explicitly "commons/uncommons," none of those would apply...But I could be wrong. :redface:

Cyrus is correct, I apologise for any confusion.

If the card was a rare and reprinted as anything other in this current format, it is not legal.

Just send in mine.
I made 3 decks and this one performs the best (but it's not the one I like most to be honest).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back