Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Is celebi prime useful in any deck?

SidewaysDaze

I've wanted to make a deck with celebi prime, a card that has a semi-decent power and a nice attack but just doesnt seem to have a place in any competitive deck. Is there any future for celebi?

I like the idea to run it with Serperior (both with ability and without) as well as sawsbuck to be able to make the additional energy attatchment useful and have alot of healing per turn, but would it stack up against other decks?

In general, Grass decks don't have the damage output to compete in a OHKO format like this one.

The exceptions (Yanmega, maybe Jumpluff) don't need Energy acceleration.

So competitively, I don't see any use for Celebi right now.

When Unown Q was in the format it could be useful to send out when something got KOed to attach energy and retreat, but in HS-on you need to set up a Dodrio to do that. Celebi Prime/Garchomp C was even a competitive deck! Now, however, there are not many cards that benefit from extra energy attachment, at least not competitive ones. It will also be an easy target for catcher.

Try a Vileplume deck, with dodrio for the free retreat and roserade to induce conditions.

Is really annoying to set, but almost an unbreakable lock. reshi and zekrom wont be able to do much if they get confused, do not include leafeon, since roserade can do the heavy hits.

Try a Vileplume deck, with dodrio for the free retreat and roserade to induce conditions.

Is really annoying to set, but almost an unbreakable lock. reshi and zekrom wont be able to do much if they get confused, do not include leafeon, since roserade can do the heavy hits.

Actually straight up Leafeon/Roserade with rainbows and exchangers is better than clunking it up with Celebi and Dodrio and dropping the only thing in the deck that does significant damage..

Actually straight up Leafeon/Roserade with rainbows and exchangers is better than clunking it up with Celebi and Dodrio and dropping the only thing in the deck that does significant damage..

That deck is dead now that Leafeon X and SV Magmortar are out of the format.

That deck is dead now that Leafeon X and SV Magmortar are out of the format.

I think it still might have a chance with Houndoom prime, but it will not be as good no. It was never very competitive, and will never reach metagame-status, but with the right build and a skilled player it could actually see top cut at some larger tournaments and maybe win a few BRs. The thing about the deck is that not only does it dish out 100 damage very fast, you also become confused and poisoned. Until Catcher is released very few MagneBoar/ReshiBoar players will play heavy switch, so those conditions actually hurt. The deck also comes as quite a surprise, with Vilegar I had a hard time figuring out how to play against it and at first I could not win. If I had met this deck at nats without any experience with it it would be pretty much auto-loss.

Going off-topic here. Bottom line is that Celebi Prime is a bad card that does not fit into any deck, and the only deck that could make use of it is better off without it.

Depends, If you start with it on your bench, by turn 2 it should be rdy for an attack if you use it's ability, It can easily deal out dmg and stall, using things like full heal and moo moo milk could generally help him, after all he can't take dmg so, if you get burned, you have a counter

I ran a Tangrowth+ Lanturn deck with celebi prime, but the lack of draw engines hurt its consiistency, Magnezone didn`t got along since it slowed down the deck instead of making it work. The idea was to build up a lot of energy, being it grass electric or Double colorless, they did hit hard enough to take down Tyranitars, but the opponent already took 3 prizes by then, and they arent bulky enough to prevent the opponent from taking more.

Maybe if you try out Dodrio and 4 Magnezones, something dandy might show up, unlike selfish pachirisu, celebi can load magnezone. I was about to suggest Sawsbuck, but it requires a crazy ammount of energy on the field to make it worthy, I rather recommend you to include Plus power to help you get rid of Donphans, don`t forget switch to attach 3 energy per turn. The energy distribution should be 4 rainbow + 2 electric + 12 or more grass,you can stall Donphans with Celebi until your magnezones get ready to rumble.

Thanks for all the insight guys. Might have to just make a fun deck to play around with celebi until there is a competitive deck.

My initial thoughts was to make a wall/tank deck with defenders,moomoo milk, and potions to keep celebi alive as long as possible while healing with serperior.

Thanks again everyone

Thanks for all the insight guys. Might have to just make a fun deck to play around with celebi until there is a competitive deck.

My initial thoughts was to make a wall/tank deck with defenders,moomoo milk, and potions to keep celebi alive as long as possible while healing with serperior.

Thanks again everyone

I actually tried out Celebi Prime in Powerade (Leafeon/Roserade), as using Shamin UL's power to move the energies I had on Roserade over to Celebi Prime seemed like a decent way to stall against some decks. However, it didn't work out. The problem is that there's just too many ways around it. Reshiram and Zekrom are self-explanitory, but even Magnemites getting a successful para-flip ruins Celebi's day. There's just too long of a list of things working against it for it to even be used as a tech, much less the main card of any deck, and that list will get longer when Pokemon Catcher comes out, thus getting around the attack, anyways. The only benefit it has is energy acceleration, and that's conditional at best.

My friend uses it in his Serperior/Reuinclius deck, its actually a nice addition.
Dude, I have GOT to try that out.
I have been thinking of Umbreon to help against the decks main weaknesses - Magnezone, Machamp, and BlastGatr but Celebi fits PERFECTLY.

Dude, I have GOT to try that out.
I have been thinking of Umbreon to help against the decks main weaknesses - Magnezone, Machamp, and BlastGatr but Celebi fits PERFECTLY.

Yea, he had the idea of adding it, (I traded it to him after we decided after lots of testing to add it fully), then he tested after and it seemed to really work. Celbi is a Basic, adding the lines for Umbreon tech might blot the deck with to many Pokemon, that's my opinion.

Back